let's try to find one GOOD thing W has accomplished - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: let's try to find one GOOD thing W has accomplished

Quote:
Alfa - 6/28/2005 12:51 PM

Wasn't there like 17 U.N. resolutions he failed to act on?

What scares me the most is we didn't find the weapons.
There are few countries out there that have failed to act upon UN resolutions aimed at them and they have WMD. What’s with that picture? Oh I get it, they are friends and no one can enforce these resolutions on them anyway. They have every right to defend themselves, besides they are “grown ups� unlike the others that don’t know how to play with matches.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:18 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '01 C320

Quote:
Robschaef - 6/28/2005 12:52 PM

"Concentration camp guards, Einstatsgruppen, SS Action troops, all were dutiful soldiers, just like Alfa."

Truely an ASS--LE REMARK if I ever heard one. I can't believe you said that. You have crossed way over the line. You may think it is funny but you need to take that joint out of your mouth and cut the crap. I am sickined to my stomach. Have you ever been to a concentration camp?
Rob, while I agree that its mostly and asshole remark, the interesting thing is that it's true. Its an interesting commentary on the "following orders" mantra.

Just for your edification Alfa, I don't think that was a personal accusation of atrocities committed by you but an attempt to engage you in divergent thinking (most likely a futile one[:D])
post #53 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:23 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1989 300 TE

"the interesting thing is that it's true" You must be clueless. Please take a trip to Europe and visit a concentration camp.

post #54 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:24 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 597 Post(s)

Quote:
Alfa - 6/28/2005 6:16 AM

Huh,What, another I hate the President of America
on this forum,NOOO.
I can't imagine why anyone would not think highly of GW -- you know -- the good little Christian boy who promoted the story about John McCain having a brown baby through the south in order to discredit him and win the primary. It doesn't bother you that this slimy little jackass initiated a smear campaign against a true war hero?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #55 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
Robschaef - 6/28/2005 11:52 AM
"Concentration camp guards, Einstatsgruppen, SS Action troops, all were dutiful soldiers, just like Alfa."

Truely an ASS--LE REMARK if I ever heard one. I can't believe you said that. You have crossed way over the line. You may think it is funny but you need to take that joint out of your mouth and cut the crap. I am sickined to my stomach. Have you ever been to a concentration camp?
I have visited many, and many in both branches of my ancestry never left Dachau, Aushwitz (and Birkenau).
The fact is, some performed their duties quite well, the official line was that all were following orders and bore no responsibilities, that none of the low rankers were executed but were excused for being dutiful soldiers. The murderers who ranked high never thought they were doing wrong, but conducting business as accountants, managing and disposing of what they saw as their "inventory".

As it turns out, on the eve of defeat, there were no Nazis in Germany, whereas we saw a bunch in droves at the beginning of the conflict, all exhibiting hillarious behavior before, during and after Crystal Nacht!

I'd read between the lines and say that kvining is incendiary in this case, that he pushed the argument about dutifuly serving to the extreme, but the parallel is not without merit. Where do the responsibilities lie is the question?

You do not object when Shabah compares the US to the Russian action in Afghanistan (that's, BTW, when we supported the Afghans who later fostered the Talibans and their regime, for a quick lesson, please review Rambo III), maybe you should consider what we are being compared to in that statement. Know that the russians planted small bombs in dolls and toys that were dumped so that afghan kids would play and mutilate themselves. The rationale is that in a long enduring war, when the next generations have lost their limbs, you might eventually have an easier time kicking asses. I don't like that comparison either. Civilian casualties of war in collateral damage should not be compared to these barbaric pratices, but no outrage there!

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #56 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:37 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Sorry I was not aware of how awful the Russians were. So that comparison did hit home.
This statement "Concentration camp guards, Einstatsgruppen, SS Action troops, all were dutiful soldiers, just like Alfa." Is in excusable. Kvining should apologize if he has any integrity at all. Over and above that it is ridicules the way people are referred to as Nazi's today. Soon that term will have very little meaning at all. Maybe it was be used as a term of brotherhood, the way people use the N---er. Ridicules. I guess we should start calling Kvining Gerbils or Hitler.
post #57 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:43 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 6/28/2005 1:24 PM

Quote:
Robschaef - 6/28/2005 11:52 AM

I have visited many, and many in both branches of my ancestry never left Dachau, Aushwitz (and Birkenau).
The fact is, some performed their duties quite well, the official line was that all were following orders and bore no responsibilities, that none of the low rankers were executed but were excused for being dutiful soldiers. The murderers who ranked high never thought they were doing wrong, but conducting business as accountants, managing and disposing of what they saw as their "inventory".

As it turns out, on the eve of defeat, there were no Nazis in Germany, whereas we saw a bunch in droves at the beginning of the conflict, all exhibiting hillarious behavior before, during and after Crystal Nacht!

I'd read between the lines and say that kvining is incendiary in this case, that he pushed the argument about dutifuly serving to the extreme, but the parallel is not without merit. Where do the responsibilities lie is the question?

You do not object when Shabah compares the US to the Russian action in Afghanistan (that's, BTW, when we supported the Afghans who later fostered the Talibans and their regime, for a quick lesson, please review Rambo III), maybe you should consider what we are being compared to in that statement. Know that the russians planted small bombs in dolls and toys that were dumped so that afghan kids would play and mutilate themselves. The rationale is that in a long enduring war, when the next generations have lost their limbs, you might eventually have an easier time kicking asses. I don't like that comparison either. Civilian casualties of war in collateral damage should not be compared to these barbaric pratices, but no outrage there!
I agree with you on the way those concentration camps were run and how the Nazis basically conveniently disappeared. There is no true comparison in modern times to what the Nazis did to the Jews and some other ethnic people. Not even the Serbian camps come close.
Any comparison drawn is tasteless and lacks sensitivity.
About comparing the Russians to the US; there are differences but too many similarities. When you mention the dolls, that’s a lot of propaganda (it may have happened though, but it was not policy). Maiming the adversary for long term is being done right now as the US uses depleted uranium bullets and incendiary napalm. No one is clean.
TCP I still believe that the insurgency in Iraq is following tactics used by the FLN in Algeria (1954-62). I would not be surprised that the cell structure is the same and that Syria and others are playing the same game Tunisia and Egypt played back then.
post #58 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:45 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '01 C320

Quote:
Robschaef - 6/28/2005 1:37 PM
I guess we should start calling Kvining Gerbils or Hitler.
You're a Gerbil KV, now get back to your habitrail!
post #59 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:05 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

I think you knew I meant Joesph Gerbils. The shoe fits pretty good, I think.

At least Shabah understands. I was beginning to think everyone here had lost his or her mind. Defending ridicules comments as if they are fine and Ok. I still think Kvining should apologize, but that is up to him. You see, he went from attacking a party and political views to attacking a single members character by making that comparison. I may not respect Kvining’s views, but I always figured he was a pretty good person at heart. We will have to wait and see. Is he hiding at the Hofbrauhaus making new plans to expel all of the Christian infidels or is he going to be a man and clear the air.
post #60 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:06 PM
Alfa

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 6/28/2005 12:24 PM

Quote:
Alfa - 6/28/2005 6:16 AM

Huh,What, another I hate the President of America
on this forum,NOOO.
I can't imagine why anyone would not think highly of GW -- you know -- the good little Christian boy who promoted the story about John McCain having a brown baby through the south in order to discredit him and win the primary. It doesn't bother you that this slimy little jackass initiated a smear campaign against a true war hero?
Ron
Sorry I'm not familiar with this
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in