let's try to find one GOOD thing W has accomplished - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 09:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
RE: let's try to find one GOOD thing W has accomplished

Apparently we are not the only ones having a hard time finding something good to say:

Poll: Disapproval of Bush at high point
President's best marks on terrorism, worst on Social Security

Tuesday, June 28, 2005; Posted: 8:06 a.m. EDT (12:06 GMT)

President Bush's poll numbers continue slide (CNN) -- The number of Americans disapproving of President Bush's job performance has risen to the highest level of his presidency, according to the CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll released Monday.

According to the poll, 53 percent of respondents said they disapproved of Bush's performance, compared to 45 percent who approved.

The margin of error was plus or minus 3 percentage points.

The 53 percent figure was the highest disapproval rating recorded in the CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll since Bush became president in January 2001.

The approval percentage -- 45 percent -- matches a low point set in late March. The 8-point gap between those who disapproved and approved was the largest recorded during Bush's tenure.

As Bush prepares to address the nation Tuesday to defend his Iraq policy, just 40 percent of those responding to the poll said they approved of his handling of the war; 58 percent said they disapproved. (Full story)

The approval rating on Iraq was unchanged from a poll in late May, and the disapproval figure marked an increase of 2 percentage points.

But the poll also found that issues other than the Iraq war may be dragging down Bush's numbers.

Respondents expressed even stronger disapproval of his handling of the economy, energy policy, health care and Social Security.

The lone bright spot for the president in the poll was his handling of terrorism, which scored a 55 percent approval rating, compared to just 41 percent who disapproved.

The president's worst numbers in the latest poll came on the issue of Social Security, with respondents disapproving of his performance by a margin of more than 2-to-1 -- 64 percent to 31 percent.

Bush has made changing the Social Security system a signature issue of his second term.

He has proposed creating voluntary government-sponsored personal retirement accounts for workers 55 and younger.

Under his proposal, workers could invest a portion of their Social Security taxes in a range of government-selected funds in exchange for lower guaranteed benefits at retirement.

The plan has run into stiff opposition from Democrats, who say the accounts are too risky and will undermine the Social Security system. Some Republicans also are wary of taking on such a politically risky idea.

On the economy, only 41 percent of poll respondents said they approved of Bush's performance, compared to 55 percent who disapproved.

On energy policy, only 36 percent approved, while 53 percent disapproved; and on health care, 34 percent approved and 59 percent disapproved.

The poll results were based on interviews from Friday to Sunday with 1,009 American adults.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 09:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

[QUOTE]Alfa - 6/28/2005 9:16 AM

Huh,What, another I hate the President of America
on this forum,NOOO.

That’s why they are in their caves.
Cause this President is not play'n grab ass in the Office.
QUOTE]

Terrorist leader who attacked us is still at large. Cave, tree, campertrailer, whatever.....

I'll tell you where he was not: Iraq.

I guess you are on your laptop in Iraq as we speak? Keep up the good fight buddy, thanks for "defending" our freedom (and Halliburton contractors).

post #43 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:34 AM
Alfa

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

ZING WoW that stung
post #44 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
But what if? What if?

Quote:
old300D - 6/28/2005 10:25 AM
Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 6/28/2005 8:04 AM
Could you post a link to it?
Damn, this is a tough one. No answers yet, I don't think "raising 2 daughters" can qualify, since any old bozo can sire offspring (generally speaking). Somehow I doubt his "raising" them had anything to do with their looks, it only proves he didn't beat them about the face.
What if by sheer humility he had done all his good work under an assumed name? Say... maybe as Rumsfeld?

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #45 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Look have some respect for the fighting men. They are doing a duty as called upon, I don’t think they care less if it is Halliburton, El Qaeda or insuring that Israel has no sizable foes around it. They take orders.
I was once called upon (hmm drafted by force when I went for a visit to my ancestors land) and went with an invading expedition where we got our butts kicked. I don’t hold it against my comrades or the Afghanis, each one fought for what they stood for under direct orders. The biggest bastards where in the Kremlin and the others in the mountains picking out soft targets and terrorizing their own people.
What the US is experiencing right now is just about the same Russia experienced not long ago. Did anyone learn anything? Nope, jus look at Iraq (I think the Afghanis are tiered but don’t discount them for the relative quite, they are fierce and very hardened).
So Alfa, I understand how you feel and what you believe you stand for. Don’t take it personal when people tell you that your leader is misguided because that does not make you so. You have a duty to obey orders and that’s it; just make sure that you don’t commit any atrocities when you get that itch to pump some bullets into a crowd.
What almost everyone is telling you here is that your leader is wrong; he either instigated this war on his own or had great influence in doing so. Either way, you will have to ask yourself: what intelligence did he have to justify and push his agenda through?
If there is no intelligence, then it must be a strong belief or opinion as to Iraq’s perceived threat. Maybe “they made him do it�.
So Alpha, where is intelligence? What were the premises? (don’t tell me to free Iraqis, no one believes that). If someone made him do it, then who are they to have such leverage?
Alfa these are some of the question the people would like to know before putting blind faith in the president again. Wrapping agendas around the flag does not hold water as much as it used to because of this abuse of power.
post #46 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Concentration camp guards, Einstatsgruppen, SS Action troops, all were dutiful soldiers, just like Alfa.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #47 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:51 AM
Alfa

Wasn't there like 17 U.N. resolutions he failed to act on?

What scares me the most is we didn't find the weapons.
post #48 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 10:52 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1989 300 TE

"Concentration camp guards, Einstatsgruppen, SS Action troops, all were dutiful soldiers, just like Alfa."

Truely an ASS--LE REMARK if I ever heard one. I can't believe you said that. You have crossed way over the line. You may think it is funny but you need to take that joint out of your mouth and cut the crap. I am sickined to my stomach. Have you ever been to a concentration camp?
post #49 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Alfa

Quote:
kvining - 6/28/2005 11:45 AM

Concentration camp guards, Einstatsgruppen, SS Action troops, all were dutiful soldiers, just like Alfa.
So are you suggesting that I also have taken part in such
Atrocities?
post #50 of 142 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:01 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1989 300 TE

I really can't deceide which is more repulsive, your comments or that avatar from the other day. I am leaing towards your comments if that gives you any perspective at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in