let's try to find one GOOD thing W has accomplished - Page 11 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 142 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: let's try to find one GOOD thing W has accomplished

Quote:
DARKTECH - 9/20/2005 1:18 PM

Quote:
Shane - 9/20/2005 2:51 PM

Great. A new moron. Well lets bait the flame throwers. Lets bring out our most radical defense. Lets burn the neonazi to the ground! Who says war can't be fun?
You got to be kidding. I just replied to the title of the post and you call me a morom. You sir are the MORON you probably really think war would be fun
Failures=Accomplishments
War=Peace
Lies=Truth
Death=Life

What other Orwellian scenarios have you to offer?

OBK #35

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 142 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:52 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)

Is he Botnst?
Is he Alpha?
Is he VD?
Is he Bonehead?
Should we care?
Nope.

Party on!
post #103 of 142 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)

It doesn't matter who he is or what he thinks. He offered a legitimate response to a post in a respectful manner and deserves to be treated with the same respect, whether any of us agree with him or not. I don't believe the mandate of Internet forums should be to beat the crap out of or ridicule those with whom we disagree. Just my 2¢.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #104 of 142 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 02:07 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
GermanStar - 9/20/2005 2:59 PM

It doesn't matter who he is or what he thinks. He offered a legitimate response to a post in a respectful manner and deserves to be treated with the same respect, whether any of us agree with him or not. I don't believe the mandate of Internet forums should be to beat the crap out of or ridicule those with whom we disagree. Just my 2¢.
I agree. Usually. Just not this time. What's wrong with being a left wing bully? The right has 'em![:o)]
post #105 of 142 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 03:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
DARKTECH - 9/20/2005 2:32 PM
What do you propose the government do bring everyone out of poverty write them a check for 100,000 dollars a year?
If that is the extent of what you people can think of to help the poor, it comes to know surprise that the gap between have and have nots is widening!

Quote:
What have you done to help the poor?
Is that curiosisty on your part?

Quote:
I have donated labor and supplies for installing roofing on over 40 HABITAT houses in the last 7 years.
Or, in the light of this last quote, was it an insinuation that you have the certainty that you have done more than I?

Quote:
I also know that everyone dropped the ball after the storm and I blame the government in this order 1st the mayor then the governor then the president they are all the blame.
If there is any good to come out of blaming these officials, such as better preparedness and response next time around, then blame all you want. Otherwise, this list is too ridiculously short.

In my view, we all share responsibility in the extent of the physical and psychological damage experienced by those who did not have the opportunity to leave N.O.

Some have argues here that there were people who willignly put themselves at risk. Maybe so, I'd be willing to bet that they were the minority of those who stayed.

Some laugh at the racial argument. Maybe because it was not brought on very intelligently. The extent of the affliction brought on people (leave property out of the debate) has a direct relationship with class.

No the hurricane did not target black people, but denying that black people have suffered proportionally more (in relative terms brought back in victims per capita, by race) is idiotic. The class issue becomes a race issue when most of the lower class is comprised of one race.

The poor people, withouth enough resource, without mobility, without financial means, were affected more in proportion because they could not leave the area. It so happens that most of the poor in these places were African <b><u>Americans</u></b>.
We all share in the responsibility because we have not done enough to elevate the lower classes to a point that would have made it possible for all those who desired to leave to actually leave!
Past governments are to blame, and voters at large are to blame. We are proud to be <b>American</b>, but no all <b>Americans</b> have access to what you and I have access to. Not by will, not by lack thereof, simply because they have been, in majority, excluded from social progress. It's easy to blame the erosion of the family in the inner cities, the consequences are desastrous, but the focus should be on fighting the cause of that erosion. It's easy to classify people as lazy, but when they do not have access to education and cannot develop skills, what are their chances of being the CEO of their own company? What are the chances of a inner city kid to go to college compared to the odds that a kid in the plush suburbs of <replace with your city> have? Let's not be hypocritical, we are all equal, but some are more equal than others!

We are proud to be <b>American</b>, but pride in what? Society means nothing, advancement means nothing, our status in the world means nothing if all our people are not able to live securely, safely, to have decent medical coverage, the opportunity to learn and earn a living. That does not fly in the face of people living at different status according to their contributions to others, it does mean lifting up the people whoare currently left out.

Quote:
I even blame the news choppers taking video they could have carried supplies and some water and still get their filming done.
You should have watched more news coverage, some (yep, not all, and not all the time) news choppers helped evacuate, believe it or not!

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #106 of 142 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 03:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 9/20/2005 3:59 PM

Hmmm. Seems I know I site where every time I did that, I got banned. Meanwhile, I agree, calling the guy a moron when he was just giving his opinion was out of line.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #107 of 142 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 03:42 PM
~BANNED~

But seriously...
post #108 of 142 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 05:59 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: 08 CLS 550 Sport, '05 Z4, '65 Shelby Cobra 427SC
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

50 million more people free.
Have you forgotten the blue thumbs?
I spent 20 years of my adult life in the US submarine service, a lot of it carrying 16 SLBMs to keep those who would do us harm at bay. It took a while, but we finally brought down the bear. There are many among us who would rether we forget that bit of history. Now, we have a different set of hounds at our heels.
I surf these forums (hell, I thought this was about cars...), and read folks who spout either the most vitreolic left or right wing hatred toward people they've never met, and even worse, think they know... Nameless, faceless rantings done electronically can't hurt you, and they sure can't make anyone change a mind. "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still". Can't we get back to talking about MBs???
post #109 of 142 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 06:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 9/20/2005 5:16 PM

Quote:
GermanStar - 9/20/2005 3:59 PM

Hmmm. Seems I know I site where every time I did that, I got banned. Meanwhile, I agree, calling the guy a moron when he was just giving his opinion was out of line.
You wouldn't mind telling the truth about why you were repeatedly banned over there, would you? I'm sure everybody would like to know.

Bot
post #110 of 142 (permalink) Old 09-20-2005, 06:35 PM
One of the BW Old Guard

Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: 1988 560Sl
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
kvining - 9/20/2005 1:28 PM

Quote:
DARKTECH - 9/20/2005 2:14 PM

1 Killed Clinton's "ergonomic" rules that OSHA was about to implement; rules would have shut down every home business in America.
2 Reduced and is working to ultimately eliminate the estate tax for family farms and ranches.
3 Grant a complete tax exemption for prepaid or college tuition savings plans.
4 Told the Congress and the world, "America will never seek a permission slip to defend the security of our country."
5 Killed the liberal ABA's unconstitutional role in vetting federal judges. The Senate is supposed to advise and consent, not the ABA
6 Ordered Attorney General Ashcroft to formally notify the Supreme Court that the OFFICIAL U.S. government position on the 2nd Amendment is that it supports INDIVIDUAL rights to own firearms, and is NOT a Leftist-imagined "collective" right.
1. Now that one really ranks up there with the "Emancipation Proclamation". And I bet FDR wishes had re-titled his speech "The only thing we have to fear is the enforcement of ergonomic industry laws on home businesses."

2. Kiss those good bye:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9408727/
You got yourself to blame for that one. If all the rich pricks who own million-dollar farms and ranches (you have to have a total of over 6 million bucks in total assets to even QUALIFY for the estate tax) had actually paid those taxes instead, maybe the GOP wouldn't have chiseled a few hundred million out that would have fixed the levies. For being a bunch of cheapass chilsers, you are now going to get stuck with a tab you can't avoid this time. Never mind the fact that the tax cuts you brag on were totally financed by deficits, meaning that all you people did was steal from everyone's kids so you could have even more money, while the middle class and the poor got the shaft as usual. The number of people living in poverty in this country has risen by 4 million people under Bush. Some accomplishment.

3. Another one that will rank up there with "Washington's fairwell address".

4. The biggest tragedy at all. If we had worked Iraq the way Clinton would have - through the UN, 2,000 Americans and thousands of Iraqis would not have been militarily murdered by a bunch of incompetant God damn fools who based a needless war on a bunch of trumped-up bullshit so they could steal Iraqi oil.

5. Yes, our selection process is so improved. Now instead of competance we get political cronies, like our famous former head of The Arabian Horsebreeder's Association, who is also coincidently now the former head of FEMA. For the last three days the Houston Chronicle has been running a series on the other incompetant morons who have been put in charge of high government office, even tho their only accomplishment seems to be raising trust-fund money for the GOP. We in Houston are quaking in our boots that the hurricane aimed at us is about to be managed by the same bunch of idiots who ran Katrina.

6. Bang, bang, shoot shoot.
Darktech posts facts... Kvining posts opinions (and a lot of cut and paste)... Who you gonna believe?

RM Smith www.rmsmithco.com

Where is it again that we are going... And why are we in a handbasket?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in