Should flaf burning be banned? - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 03:13 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: Should flaf burning be banned?

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 6/23/2005 3:54 PM

Quote:
kvining - 6/23/2005 3:35 PM
My God! After googling this, I have discovered that Flaf is some sort of movement sponsored by our most diabolical enemy, the Hated French! It is obviously some terror plot!
<font size = 4><b>Beware their fierce leader, in the battle of the witless, you'd find yourself unharmed!</b></font>

I believe that picture has been altered in Photoshop, if you look at the other copies you'll see that French Mercedes' camel toe is centered, yet in this one it appears to the right......where his nuts should be

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 04:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
kvining, I apologize profusely.

Quote:
kvining - 6/23/2005 3:35 PM
My God! After googling this, I have discovered that Flaf is some sort of movement sponsored by our most diabolical enemy, the Hated French! It is obviously some terror plot!
<font size = 4><b>Beware their fierce leader, in the battle of the witless, you'd find yourself unarmed!</b></font>

My original post contained a typo.
I am passed the editing window (30 minutes)
Further, my post will forever live in infamy in Thrillkill's quoted follow-up.

I'll let you decide the appropriate punishement, which I shall eventually comply with. Sorry, you can't buy my vote for the next elections.

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-23-2005, 04:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

I protest. This is an original, the only picture of french mercedes in existence, he said so himself and you all would be well advised to believe him, or else...

Not to add fuel to the fire, but for those interested in the EU constitution and its ramification, PM me, I'll send you the text, in French, although I could make an effort to find it in English I suppose.

As an example of the fierce leader's bad faith, he said in French that the EU constitution would question much of what had been acquired. He specifically cited abortion right in France. Article II-62 (Right to Life) of the constitution is often used to support that falacious declaration, in fact, such is explicitely said to be subordinated to national competency, each EU member being able to legislate as they see fit, thus not forcing abortion rights and not revoking such, from any member country.

In addition, the text was written by the French president (VGE) who presided (1974-1981) when one of his minister legalized abortion (Simone Weil, abortion legalized in 1975), the prime minister was none other than the current french pres Chirac. Unlikely they would overturn that law!

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/vi/0,47-0@...-637624,0.html

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-25-2005, 06:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

So, how does the proposed EU Constitution stand on flaff? As voluminous and encompassing as it is, I have to believe that flaff is addressed.

Bot
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 08:48 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: CLK,SLK
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to CLK3.GS3

Cross burning isn't!

W208CLK/R170SLK
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 10:24 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: '04 C 320, '07 SLK 280

Though I'm a liberal (don body armor), I'm also a veteran and a member of the American Legion, and do not think flag burning in public and in a disrespectful manner is proper. It must be remembered that burning the flag in private IS the recommended respectful means of disposal of a tattered flag. The American Legion and Boy Scouts do this. But not in a public and disrespectful manner. Such public displays of flag desecration insult me and millions of other veterans, who may not have wanted to "go" but did so when called.

But I do not believe a felony should be made of such disrespectful acts. I find myself insulted at least once a day in other ways, and nobody is ever convicted of a felony for it! Perhaps a $250 fine, coupled with other applicable penalties for starting a fire in a public place, etc., would suffice.

If the Constitution is ammended to allow for criminalization of flag desecration, any laws so adopted must be carefully drafted to cover only clearly intentional, public, and grevious flag desecration, and not to criminalize accidents.

Thanks,
Richard
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 11:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

The word "desecretion" implies the flag is a "sacred" object. It is not - it is a political symbol, and as such, people use it in different ways to express a political position. Some of these ways may make some of us uncomfortable, but I would rather have pissed off people than I would have a bunch of fascists jacking with the Bill of Rights. This will just be the beginning. The Bill of Rights have never, ever been amended. Never. Doing so will cause tremendous social upheaval in this country, and will unleash a flood of restrictions on our rights met by public resistance. I have never considered burning a flag, but if this passes, I will burn them from my jail cell if I have to.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 12:04 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1989 300 TE

I believe it was against the law in the past and over turned. I doubt there will be a social uprising. Keep your pants on!
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 12:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

Quote:
Robschaef - 6/27/2005 12:04 PM

I believe it was against the law in the past and over turned. I doubt there will be a social uprising. Keep your pants on!
For some ungodly reason there is support in state legislatures for this, and there are a lot more red states than blue, assuming it's more a Republican issue than Democrat (spitting on Colorado's Democratic Senator). I can see this sailing through the US Senate, and it could have support in many states, perhaps 38, although it sounds like a lot right now. Very scary stuff!

OBK #35

post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 12:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Robschaef - 6/27/2005 2:04 PM

There is a hell of a big difference between overruling a law and amending the Bill of Rights. The bozos who are pushing this are playing with dynamite.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in