EX-Gitmo Prisoners Return to Fight - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:11 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: EX-Gitmo Prisoners Return to Fight

Quote:
Shabah - 6/17/2005 6:12 PM

Quote:
ThrillKill - 6/17/2005 5:57 PM

I think I like the lowly, semi-literate camel trader/wheel thief who was on earlier. Does your "organization" take turns posting while the others flip through Tom Clancy novels for reference?
I don’t get this comment, what is it that I am missing? I don’t have multiple personalities nor is there a bunch of people writing for me or reading Clancy in parallel to all this. Besides if I have to reference I usually make sure that I do so properly, I require it from my people as well; I hate cheaters.

Sorry, I keep forgetting to do this:[:)][;)][:D][8D]at the end of all my tongue in cheek posts. I imagined a consortium of Arab propagandists taking turns to undermine U.S. Morale...We've heard from the angry effigy burner, the forlorn Dromedary peddler, the "I give up and submit to U.S occupation" guy and now Sheik Confuso. Alas, I'm only joking, the Lithium has kicked in and all the little orange Armadillos have gone away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Shabah - 6/17/2005 9:15 AM

Quote:
azimuth - 6/17/2005 2:37 AM

Quote:
old300D - 6/16/2005 11:52 PM

Alfa, do a google search on "gitmo torture". One of the top links is an interview with a former interregator who describes the torture. It's too bad you can't be concerned enough to simply check into the veracity of what is being said here. I, personally, do not use the term lightly.
I did just that. Of the top five results, two were markedly liberal biased sites, one was a terrorist sympathetic site (aljezzeera.com), one was a liberal biased bulletin board full of unsupported accusations and finally one was linking to some other site for the story for which I suspected, based on the other results, would yield the same weaknesses. The remaining results graduated with irrelevence.

So, here we go Democrats.com: dripping water on head. Stripping clothes. Invasion of space by female.

Counterbias.com Koran mishandled 5 times. Detainee reports of being beaten. One sexual assault. Menstrual blood wiped on face.

Aljezeera.com: Water poured on head. "Sissy slap" with inflated latex glove. Bark like a dog. Not allowed to pray. Christina Agilera music real loud. Wear picture of scantily clad women around neck. 20th highjacker (9/11) was questioned in a room decorated with pictures of the 9/11 victims. Made to pee his pants. Asked to commit suicide.

merriam-webster definition of "torture": 1a: anguish (anguish: extreme pain, distress or anxiety) of body or mind. 2: the infliction of intense pain (as from burning, crushing, or wounding) to punish, coerce, or afford sadistic pleasure. 3: distortion or overrefinement of a meaning or an arguement.

It appears that the latter definition is the only definition applicable here. The treatment afforded these enemy combatants appears to be better defined as "discomfort" : to make uncomfortable or uneasy.

I think it's worth noting that the democrat/liberal/lefty sites are on the same side of the issue as a known terrorist sympathizer site. Talk about graduating in irrelevence....
Ok, so how about this site? http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/ENGIOR410242004
Are they anti-American liberal freedom haters?
How about this article: http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/ENGAMR510022005
Look at this memo from Amnesty International to the US President: http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/engAMR510442002?OpenDocument&of=COUNTRIES%5CUSA

Confinement without due process is not “discomfort�. This is a clear violation of human rights and a total disregard to human dignity. Yes some or most are probably as guilty as their murderous masterminds but there are countless of innocent people that were falsely imprisoned through abduction.
The point of this thread is that these policies are wrong as they only reinforce and help entrench all sort of twisted believes in attacking the US and anyone else that will not agree with their ideologies. These are some sick minded people and these policies are giving them an excuse to feel vindicated. That’s the point.
I told myself not to engauge you but I'll bend this once. You post sites by amnesty international. They have no more credibility with me relative to this subject. They labelled gitmo as the modern gulag with no supporting evidence. I believe they did so because they are agaist the Bush administration's foreign policies. The motive is obvious. Their assertions were gratuitous.

Do you have credible primary source evidence of these alleged abductions of innocent citizens?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you really care about whether the US has more enemies. That said, what makes you thimk these detainees are learning to hate the US as a result of thier experience in gitmo or as a result of having known others are in gitmo?

What makes you think that these people must be legally afforded due process?

aborted Shop Forum member

post #83 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 300c (1956)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
ThrillKill - 6/17/2005 8:11 PM

Sorry, I keep forgetting to do this:[:)][;)][:D][8D]at the end of all my tongue in cheek posts. I imagined a consortium of Arab propagandists taking turns to undermine U.S. Morale...We've heard from the angry effigy burner, the forlorn Dromedary peddler, the "I give up and submit to U.S occupation" guy and now Sheik Confuso. Alas, I'm only joking, the Lithium has kicked in and all the little orange Armadillos have gone away.
Ah I understand, you need to consult with KV he may have a special cream to help you. In the mean time since you are into orange armadillos here is a stiry by Cori Robinson that will cheer you up:

Giant Chickens and Orange Armadillos

Once upon a time . . . Wait, does it have to start that way?

A long time ago in a galaxy fa,r far away . . . Hold on, I think that’s copyrighted.

One day when the sun shown brightly and the grass was nice and green and all of the little forest animals were happy . . . Uh, no, too fluffy.

The cave looked foreboding to the fearless heroes . . . Hrmm, why do heroes always have to be fearless? Get rid of fearless . . . there we go! Much better!

The cave looked foreboding to the heroes. The sky outside was dark and didn’t look pleasant either. No, no, no, "didn’t look pleasant either"? Give me a break.

The sky outside was dark and evil looking, which wasn’t better than the dark depths of the cave. There we go! Much better! They passed glances from one to another nervously, for these heroes weren’t very brave, in fact, these heroes were chickens. Giant chickens that stood close to six feet tall. Heck, if they’re close to it they might as well be it. Giant chickens that stood six feet tall.

Hey! Why are you looking over my shoulder? This is my story! I’ll show it to you when I’m done! Cruddy people who look over another’s shoulder while they’re in the process of writing.

Okay, it may be ten hours later, but it is finished; now you can read it! All right? Will you get off my back now? Yea, yea, go on and read it, I’ll be in the kitchen eating cookies and milk.

The cave looked foreboding to the heroes. The sky outside was dark and evil looking, which wasn’t better than the dark depths of the cave. They passed glances from one to another nervously, for these heroes weren’t very brave, in fact, these heroes were chickens. Giant chickens that stood six feet tall.

"Why do we even need to go in the cave?" One asked, knees clanking together noisily.

"We must! To save the princess!" The second said, spreading forth a wing towards the cave.

"I call upon a vote." The first said, he was a brown-colored rooster with bronze armor. "Who says we should go into the cave raise your wing."

Only one did. They voted to send HIM in the cave, considering he was the one who wanted to go. With a push and a shove he was thrown into the dark cave.

There was a loud scream! Suddenly the smell of lovely barbecue chicken filled the air. The three left looked at each other and ran off, never to be seen again.

Rumor has it that the monsters had a lovely chicken cookout that day, consisting of four overly large poultry.

A masterpiece if I ever read one. Now go away so I can write another.

Did you ever hear the tale of the purple monkeys, violet flying walruses, blue hampsters, and orange armadillos . . ..

That's what happend when you overdose with KV cream...
post #84 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
azimuth - 6/17/2005 8:19 PM

I told myself not to engauge you but I'll bend this once. You post sites by amnesty international. They have no more credibility with me relative to this subject. They labelled gitmo as the modern gulag with no supporting evidence. I believe they did so because they are agaist the Bush administration's foreign policies. The motive is obvious. Their assertions were gratuitous.

Do you have credible primary source evidence of these alleged abductions of innocent citizens?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you really care about whether the US has more enemies. That said, what makes you thimk these detainees are learning to hate the US as a result of thier experience in gitmo or as a result of having known others are in gitmo?

Why not engage me? Do I enrage you?
Amnesty is credible; Bush’s lies are not edible
You think of motive
You doubt’s what’s intuitive
That’s fine, how about the facts?
I heard of a child that was accused of many acts
He is back home now
Still shaken and his mind like shredded by a plow
You think he will forget?
post #85 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:51 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Shabah - 6/17/2005 7:27 PM

Quote:
ThrillKill - 6/17/2005 8:11 PM

That's what happend when you overdose with KV cream...
I have overnighted a handful of Thorazine to you. They go well with some Fava beans and a nice Chianti.

post #86 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
ThrillKill - 6/17/2005 8:51 PM

I have overnighted a handful of Thorazine to you. They go well with some Fava beans and a nice Chianti.
Thanks, I am exhausted from work I am seeing orange chicken and purple armadillos by now. Oh, don’t forget to pick up your CLK wheels, they got here by mistake.
post #87 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 07:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Shabah - 6/17/2005 8:41 PM

Quote:
azimuth - 6/17/2005 8:19 PM

Why not engage me? Do I enrage you?
Amnesty is credible; Bush’s lies are not edible
You think of motive
You doubt’s what’s intuitive
That’s fine, how about the facts?
I heard of a child that was accused of many acts
He is back home now
Still shaken and his mind like shredded by a plow
You think he will forget?
I get the sense I'm debating with Dr. Seuss. I'll give you one last shot at reasoned discussion. You don't enrage me though it seems as if you'd like to think you do. When asserting accusations as grave as amnesty international has, one must produce supporting evidence or credibility is lost. "Intuition" is French for, "A wild guess" in this case. Guessing will get you nowhere.

I don't understand the last part of your post.

post #88 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
azimuth - 6/17/2005 9:07 PM

I get the sense I'm debating with Dr. Seuss. I'll give you one last shot at reasoned discussion. You don't enrage me though it seems as if you'd like to think you do. When asserting accusations as grave as amnesty international has, one must produce supporting evidence or credibility is lost. "Intuition" is French for, "A wild guess" in this case. Guessing will get you nowhere.

The last part referred to a story that was on the news about an Afghan child that was abducted by the Northern Alliance for a ransom that the US paid. They had the kid shipped to Gitmo (there are other kids there) and after a year he was released when they found out he was of no intelligence value.
I am sure that you are going to say you never heard of this. I understand your kind only tunes to Rush Limbaugh anyway, that’s how you miss out on the rest of the universe.

One last shot at reasonable discussion hmm, why do you want to discuss anything with me now? The last posts all you did is call me a puss filled whatever and other stupid childish stuff. Now you feel like you want to give this a crack?

Anyway I think you live in a free country and from what I hear you have the right to information access from your government concerning its actions. Well go and do your patriotic duty don’t ask a foreign heathen and so called “freedom hater� what he can provide you.
post #89 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 07:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Shabah - 6/17/2005 9:19 PM

Quote:
azimuth - 6/17/2005 9:07 PM

The last part referred to a story that was on the news about an Afghan child that was abducted by the Northern Alliance for a ransom that the US paid. They had the kid shipped to Gitmo (there are other kids there) and after a year he was released when they found out he was of no intelligence value.
I am sure that you are going to say you never heard of this. I understand your kind only tunes to Rush Limbaugh anyway, that’s how you miss out on the rest of the universe.

One last shot at reasonable discussion hmm, why do you want to discuss anything with me now? The last posts all you did is call me a puss filled whatever and other stupid childish stuff. Now you feel like you want to give this a crack?

Anyway I think you live in a free country and from what I hear you have the right to information access from your government concerning its actions. Well go and do your patriotic duty don’t ask a foreign heathen and so called “freedom hater� what he can provide you.
"My kind" and then an offensive dismissal followed by more personal attacks and once again no supporting evidence of assertions.

Self deprecation gets you no pity from me. If you are a "heathen" and it bothers you, then stop being a heathen. If you are a "freedom hater" that is up to you.

I wonder, is it possible for you to converse without sarcasm, personal slights or empty charges?

post #90 of 108 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
azimuth - 6/17/2005 9:35 PM

"My kind" and then an offensive dismissal followed by more personal attacks and once again no supporting evidence of assertions.

Self deprecation gets you no pity from me. If you are a "heathen" and it bothers you, then stop being a heathen. If you are a "freedom hater" that is up to you.

I wonder, is it possible for you to converse without sarcasm, personal slights or empty charges?
I can converse properly under the right circumstances and when I feel mutual respect is there. So far you are the one that was on the attack and now is trying to look like wow I am surprised you react this way kind of attitude.
You even started this vole of posting after you somehow convince yourself to break your own commitment for never engaging me. How would I trust that you don’t fly off the handle again and start insulting me like you did yesterday?
Now going back to how to support claims, I am not claiming anything. These are opinions just like everyone else here. We are all writing opinions that are basically an analysis of say some article or event. So don’t stick me to the wall expecting me to be any different.
You want intelligent conversation, act like you have some.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in