Taking shrapnel for bush's war - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 91 350SDL; 84 300d; 71 220D; 68 280S; 93 300d (2); 86 420SEL; 83 280SL (grey); 83 240D;
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Taking shrapnel for bush's war

Well, chalk up another one for bush, cheney and rumsfield.

News from my sister that my nephew took shrapnel in his arm from a roadside bomb today. Him and his Marine unit were patrolling around Falluga and attacked.

I am against this war, allways was, allways will be.
Although his wound was not life threatening, the wound of 30 stitches must hurt like hell.

At least his armor protected his trunk.

It will take time to get over this and hopefully bush cheney and their running dogs will meet with justice.

real engines don't have spark plugs
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 04:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
RE: Taking shrapnel for bush's war

My condolences. My nephew was over there, and we had a situation like that that put my sister-in-law thru hell, so I know how you feel, altho her's was more a typical military screw up. She receives a message saying her son had got a "spinal injury" during "combat operations". That's it, and no word at all for a week, during which time the women was a basket case. We are all expecting a kid to come home a quadraplegic for life. People in my family were going berserk. Turns out the kid sprained his back jumping from a truck that came under fire, spent two days of bed rest and was fine, no big deal, but when we talk to the kid he starts telling us about only having a flak jacket for armor, and being in a unarmored truck and seeing a guy take one in the chest in the passenger seat. All of this happened about the same time the soldier who called out Rumsfeld on the lack of armor publically hit the news. Our entire family, from New Hampshire to Texas, went nuts, screaming at congressmen and anybody else who deserved it, along with 140,000 other pissed off families. All of those "un-American complainers" probably saved your kid's life. I really went after a military guy on it at MB shop forum, who told about his dad, some pogue-ass colonel, "agnozied over more armor or more pressing military needs". I still steam when I think of that asshole - the combination of the horseshit and the situation with my nephew caused me to post the angriest stuff I've ever put on the Internet. I can't think of a more pressing military need than making sure one of our kids doesn't die. Gee, its either that 2,000 lb guided bomb we need to take out the elementary school playground in Fallujah, or an armored humvee. Oh, the agony!

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 07:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jan 2005

I've avoided this thread long enough. I'm certain that coming from a known Bush supporter (albeit effete support lately), a word of empathy may only serve to cause the opposite emotion I intend. I can no longer let my concern for such a possibility restrict the decency with which your military family members deserve to be treated.

Please accept my humble thanks on behalf of my family and myself for the sacrifices that your families have and are making while your loved one is in service of his/her nation. They and you are honorable for what you have been willing to do.

aborted Shop Forum member

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 07:42 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 1988 300E '91 560SEL

I am so sorry to hear of the explosion. I hope that he will be ok. Thanks from our family to yours for all you all have done and are induring for the freedom of our country.

Jessie O.
Palm Beach Florida
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

God Bless you and your family sir, and all our U.S. Military and their families with great courage, always!

Doing what he thought was right.Serving our country with dignaty and respect.For that he is in my book a HERO.
We are free in this country to express our opinions because of people like this young Marine.
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: