LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 10:11 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1989 300 TE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: The End Of Life As We Know It

Our best bet is to creat something like the stuff on Star Trek where a nano machine creats what ever you need from the atoms in air, I guess. Tea Earl Grey hot, please.
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-16-2005, 10:33 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Anyone in the computer business would tell you that cheap labor can be competed against with higher and higher levels of automation. Unfortunately, businesses want immediate bang, so they are going to go the cheap labor route and not invest in robotics. The huge flood of illegal aliens also has stopped automation technolgy dead in its tracks.

When situations like that arrive in an economy, when its rockets or atom bombs or ultra high level computer science, we need a far thinking government instead of some free-trade, no government involvement in business or research ning com poop like our current idiot. If the Repugs had been in office and control of Congress in the 60s, the space program would have never happened, or in the 40s, we'd still be waiting for "business" to build a nuke, as we learned to speak German or Japanese better.

Robshaef, you really need to bone up on your stem cell knowledge. Embyronic stem cells do something no other stem cells can do, they create organs from scratch that are perfect DNA matches to you. An empty egg is filled with YOUR DNA. When the cell begins to divide, it reaches the point very early, where a nice little copy of your liver can be easily separated to put in a petri dish. Now tell me, when your liver craps out, just how much are you going to be willing to pay for that one I got in the petri dish? It reaches this point before it can think and feel, before it can think or feel altho in your case we should let it mature, to the point where we can do a brain transplant. All this dead shit, cord blood and other crap that belongs in the dumpster, ain't gonna get that little pancreas you need to save yur life. Whoever pulls this off, is going to have the greatest gold mine in human history. While we're all eating dog food, I'll be sure to give my thanks to Jesus, and his agent on earth, Mr. Bush.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 09:28 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1989 300 TE
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Really? If they put as much money and effort into developing ways to use cord blood stem cells to do the same thing instead of fighting for partial birth abortions. We would be moving along much faster. I think this is enought to show you that cord blood does not belong in the trash as you said. Even if it doesn't yet do exactly what you want it to do.
If my liver begins to fail. Chances are that I am not going to pay for a replacement from a dish. I don't fear the afterlife. I don't wish to live forever with replacement parts.

Read at your leisure....

A South Korean woman paralysed for 20 years is walking again after scientists repaired her damaged spine using stem cells derived from umbilical cord blood.

Hwang Mi-Soon, 37, had been bedridden since damaging her back in an accident two decades ago.

South Korean researchers last week went public for the first time with the results of their stem cell therapy.

Ms Hwang walked into their press conference with the help of a walking frame.

See link from ABC

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-17-2005, 10:16 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Thanks, KV. There are just too damn many Stoopid Americans need to be educated. Or pull their a$$ out from their b-hinds. Or need massive dose of antidote from the Bush's Kool-aide.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: