NO MORE DOGS - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 10:09 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
RE: NO MORE DOGS

Can't stand small dogs. Simply call them fake dogs. I have a Yellow Lab, house dog, perfectly trained. Friends have Rotts, and Malamutes that are also perfect house dogs when trained correctly. No dogs under 50lbs. Period. Whadyawannado? Look like a fag???[;)]

Cats are cool too! Especially big ones!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 10:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

You know webwench, I'm sure that any number of guys on this web site can sympathize with difficult dating situations involving dogs, antibiotics and insect infestations.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #23 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 10:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 6/6/2005 4:36 AM

Quote:
GermanStar - 6/5/2005 8:23 PM
I had a female Afghan who picked up fleas
Since the Taliban have been ousted, Afghan female are allowed to bathe again. Time to get yourself a new one!
ROTFLMAO!!!!
post #24 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
kvining - 6/6/2005 12:30 AM

You know webwench, I'm sure that any number of guys on this web site can sympathize with difficult dating situations involving dogs, antibiotics and insect infestations.
Yes, as you yourself did with the tale of the relationship that broke up over the cat and the flea-infestation problems. I feel much better now that I realize I'm not alone, it gives me a warm fuzzy inside. Either that or it's my tapeworm flipping over... either way, I'm all good.
post #25 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 11:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

ok kv, it's not the pitt bull's fault it's the freaking owner's. have one and he is good dog.. well behaved and all.. i also have a G-shep.. same, good dog well behaved... no liking, slobbering, barking, jumoing etc...

as to fleas and tick, any of you ever heard of Advantage?.. try it, it works v. well..

ww, i kept loughing when i read your posts here.. sorry.. i spent most of this weekend in the woods and have picked at least 50 ticks off of me in the last two days.. not kidding either.... but they aren't really any big deal unless you leave them on for a while... this is some year for them ... poison ivy is extra large this year also...

in political asylum
post #26 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 12:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

oh, chiggers are pretty nasty.. they really like certain environments: bush-hogged grass, raspberries.. etc. the only way to prevent those is to be completely covered with high thread count clothing... rain gear also works... they also tend to live in the same geographical area (spot) year after year...

if you do happen to get them, dab a small dropplet of finger nail polish (clear) on each "bite" site.. it will burn for a second but it will not itch like crazy.. sometimes i've had to use anti-itch cream though.. you'll probably have to re-apply the polish a few times but it sure beats open and untreated "bites." they die off within a week or so.. beats suffering.. and it's real suffering, believe me. the tick was nothing in comparison.. you wouldn't sleep for weeks...

in political asylum
post #27 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 12:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
webwench - 6/6/2005 1:09 AM

Quote:
kvining - 6/6/2005 12:30 AM

Yes, as you yourself did with the tale of the relationship that broke up over the cat and the flea-infestation problems. I feel much better now that I realize I'm not alone, it gives me a warm fuzzy inside. Either that or it's my tapeworm flipping over... either way, I'm all good.
You may have missed my subtle pun. The dogs I am referring to are not canines.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #28 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 12:08 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
mzsmbs - 6/6/2005 1:52 AM

ok kv, it's not the pitt bull's fault it's the freaking owner's. have one and he is good dog.. well behaved and all.. i also have a G-shep.. same, good dog well behaved... no liking, slobbering, barking, jumoing etc...

as to fleas and tick, any of you ever heard of Advantage?.. try it, it works v. well..

ww, i kept loughing when i read your posts here.. sorry.. i spent most of this weekend in the woods and have picked at least 50 ticks off of me in the last two days.. not kidding either.... but they aren't really any big deal unless you leave them on for a while... this is some year for them ... poison ivy is extra large this year also...
Yes, like you, I always leave my ticks on for awhile before I pick them off. Before that time, I like to keep them around because they look like piercings, without the expense, and in many cases, also help me cover up that embarrassing bald spot. Webwench, you could save some money here, especially if you can relocate the little critters to your ear lobes. As they change to a more blood-gorged color, you can leverage your wardrobe to suit.

On the pit bulls, I have found people's dislike of these animals tends to increase according to the number of small children they have.

post #29 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 12:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
mzsmbs - 6/6/2005 2:00 AM

oh, chiggers are pretty nasty.. they really like certain environments: bush-hogged grass, raspberries.. etc. the only way to prevent those is to be completely covered with high thread count clothing... rain gear also works... they also tend to live in the same geographical area (spot) year after year...

if you do happen to get them, dab a small dropplet of finger nail polish (clear) on each "bite" site.. it will burn for a second but it will not itch like crazy.. sometimes i've had to use anti-itch cream though.. you'll probably have to re-apply the polish a few times but it sure beats open and untreated "bites." they die off within a week or so.. beats suffering.. and it's real suffering, believe me. the tick was nothing in comparison.. you wouldn't sleep for weeks...
Camphophenic works good on chiggers, but it is fun to let them mature so you can watch your own little Salvador Dali film on your shins. I want to thank you for bringing balance to this thread - we needed a pro-tick and chigger advocate.

post #30 of 63 (permalink) Old 06-06-2005, 12:56 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004

Quote:
kvining - 6/6/2005 7:08 AM

Yes, like you, I always leave my ticks on for awhile before I pick them off. Before that time, I like to keep them around because they look like piercings, without the expense, and in many cases, also help me cover up that embarrassing bald spot. Webwench, you could save some money here, especially if you can relocate the little critters to your ear lobes. As they change to a more blood-gorged color, you can leverage your wardrobe to suit.

On the pit bulls, I have found people's dislike of these animals tends to increase according to the number of small children they have.
Is it me or are the posts on benzworld getting funnier by the day.[:D][:D]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in