Its a lot to ask, but, How about a little consistency? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 12:17 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
RE: Oh Come On!

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 6/8/2005 12:35 PM

Quote:
Mark08859 - 6/8/2005 12:24 PM
If the circumstances were reversed and it was you, I guarantee that you would be seeing jail time.
Shane likes cows, but he is no zoophiliac, he can do much better than Monica!
I could do better. I would have gotten her at on the cover of cigar monthly.

Cows? How crude. Don't be so fowl.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 12:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
RE: Oh Come On!

Quote:
Shane - 6/8/2005 1:17 PM

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 6/8/2005 12:35 PM

Quote:
Mark08859 - 6/8/2005 12:24 PM
If the circumstances were reversed and it was you, I guarantee that you would be seeing jail time.
Shane likes cows, but he is no zoophiliac, he can do much better than Monica!
I could do better. I would have gotten her at on the cover of cigar monthly.

Cows? How crude. Don't be so fowl.
Sorry Shane,

By cow, I meant the female animal you can milk. Damn, never mind, I'll post a picture...[:)]

ďI feel so miserable without you; itís almost like having you here.Ē
-- Stephen Bishop
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-08-2005, 12:40 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 99 E 320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BackRoll23 Send a message via MSN to BackRoll23 Send a message via Yahoo to BackRoll23
RE: Its a lot to ask, but, How about a little consistency?

Better than being a chicken "lover":

post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-09-2005, 10:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
Mark08859 - 6/8/2005 1:24 PM

You just proved Ms. Fowler's point. While the crime by the former president may not be as bad in your eyes as those committed by his more conservative counterparts, he still lied under oath. Last I heard, this was still against the law, regardless of why he lied (yes, even for a bj). If the circumstances were reversed and it was you, I guarantee that you would be seeing jail time.
If I was being questioned under oath about a real crime committed by someone, but not me, and the DA got off on a tangent and asked me about getting blow jobs from someone I was not married to, and I lied, I think no one would have noticed, even if he produced photos of me getting the bj. The question was out of order and would have been stricken from the record, along with my response, regardless of what it was.

To quote KV, who said it best,
"Give me a break with the "lying under oath" crap. The guy lied about someone sucking his cock. How fucking stupid can a situation get. The real scandal is how the right wing stuck their dicks in the taxpayer's mouth and blew a ten million dollar wad over that kind of stupid shit."

Jim
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:19 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2003

Quote:
kvining - 6/8/2005 1:35 PM

Give me a break with the "lying under oath" crap. The guy lied about someone sucking his cock. How fucking stupid can a situation get. The real scandal is how the right wing stuck their dicks in the taxpayer's mouth and blew a ten million dollar wad over that kind of stupid shit.
Quote:
JimSmith - 6/10/2005 12:27 AM

If I was being questioned under oath about a real crime committed by someone, but not me, and the DA got off on a tangent and asked me about getting blow jobs from someone I was not married to, and I lied, I think no one would have noticed, even if he produced photos of me getting the bj. The question was out of order and would have been stricken from the record, along with my response, regardless of what it was.

Jim
Again, thank you both for also proving Ms. Fowler's point. The crux isn't how trivial you consider the crime to be; it is consistency.

If 'Dubbya' had been the recipient of Monica's talents, you'd be railing against his not doing his job during troubled times and using the power of his office to exert undue influence over an intern. In short, you folks would find a reason to complain. And, you'd be correct in doing so.

In the eyes of the law, again, regardless of reason, lying under oath is a "real" crime. Whether you like it or not. And if we did it w/o the office of the presidency to protect us, we'd be sent to jail.

'08 C300 Sport/Barolo Red/Gray-Black Leather/6 SP/AMG Wheels/iPod/P2/MultiMedia/Tele Aid
'09 Pasion Coupe/Gray Metallic/Black Tridion/Comfort Package/Solid Roof/Premium Sound/Fog Lights/Clock-Tach/Anti-Theft/Navigation/Bluetooth
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 09:35 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
Mark08859 - 6/10/2005 8:19 AM

Again, thank you both for also proving Ms. Fowler's point. The crux isn't how trivial you consider the crime to be; it is consistency.

If 'Dubbya' had been the recipient of Monica's talents, you'd be railing against his not doing his job during troubled times and using the power of his office to exert undue influence over an intern. In short, you folks would find a reason to complain. And, you'd be correct in doing so.
If you believe that a known philanderer and liar should be held to the same moral scrutiny as a self-professed born-again member of the Christian moral majority, I couldn't disagree more. The only consistency issue that matters to me is these folks behave in a manner consistent with their behavior before they were elected. In that context, Clinton did exactly that, and GW has not, since I don't recall seeing "mass-murderer" on GW's resume during the initial campaign.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 10:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Mark08859 - 6/10/2005 11:19 AM
Clinton's case was clearly entrapment. Getting a blow job is not illegal, and neither is getting a blow job from someone other than your wife. It is, depending on the individual, embarassing, humiliating or worse, to be confronted about the subject in a public forum. The fact that Clinton got a blow job from Monica, or even many blow jobs from Monika, was never a valid avenue to pursue in the investigation of the Clinton's in their Whitewater land deal.

Directing a cover-up of a burglary is criminal. You can hide behind your white veil of purity, and pretend there is no difference. That does not make your delusional pretense true.

Quote:
You are imagining things here. If Dubbya got a blow job from anyone in the White House or anywhere on earth, I could give a hoot. If it made him a little more rational and kept us out of his typical black and white, good guy vs. bad guy view of the world where we have to us United States resources like our youth to act out his fantasies, I would even make a direct contribution for paying for it.

Quote:
In the eyes of the law, again, regardless of reason, lying under oath is a "real" crime. Whether you like it or not. And if we did it w/o the office of the presidency to protect us, we'd be sent to jail.
That is fantasy. The question would have been objected to by your attorney, and the judge would have sustained the objection. You and I are not the subjects of "Special Prosecutors" investigations and since the Republicans took over the White House, neither is the President. Get over it. All people who are guilty and claim to be innocent do not get an extra year tacked on for lying in court. Jim
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 10:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:

Quote:
kvining - 6/8/2005 1:35 PM

Give me a break with the "lying under oath" crap. The guy lied about someone sucking his cock. How fucking stupid can a situation get. The real scandal is how the right wing stuck their dicks in the taxpayer's mouth and blew a ten million dollar wad over that kind of stupid shit.
Quote:
JimSmith - 6/10/2005 12:27 AM

Jim

Actually, if Dubya was the recipient of Monica's talent, I'd feel the same way about it - I could give a fucking shit. As a matter a fact, I could give a shit if you get a blow job and lie about it. Surprisingly, most people, with the except of Republican tight asses, could give a shit. That, my friend, is the great lesson of Whitewater.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Veteran

Vehicle: 1982 300SD
(Thread Starter)

I still say, your perception of truth is colored in a major way by the political fallout. To you there is no such thing as truth or false; its all in how it plays politically.
Jim, How in the world do you conclude that Clinton's BJ from Monica was entrapment? Did Ken Starr hire Monica to seduce Bill?, or was it that evil genius Karl Rove who unzipped Bill's pants and forced him to recieve oral sex from Monica. Entrapment?! What are you smoking? How is anything that resulted from that activity anyone except Bill's fault? The problem is that Bill has rarely taken responsibility for anything bad that happened to him--and you ( his supporters) were his enablers.
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-10-2005, 07:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
MS Fowler - 6/10/2005 8:11 PM

I still say, your perception of truth is colored in a major way by the political fallout. To you there is no such thing as truth or false; its all in how it plays politically.
Jim, How in the world do you conclude that Clinton's BJ from Monica was entrapment? Did Ken Starr hire Monica to seduce Bill?, or was it that evil genius Karl Rove who unzipped Bill's pants and forced him to recieve oral sex from Monica. Entrapment?! What are you smoking? How is anything that resulted from that activity anyone except Bill's fault? The problem is that Bill has rarely taken responsibility for anything bad that happened to him--and you ( his supporters) were his enablers.
The blow job was not entrapment, the calling of the President to the Grand Jury in an investigation of the Whitewater land deal and asking him if he had sex with Monica Lewinski was entrapment. The question had nothing to do with anything remotely associated with Whitewater, and the question had nothing to do with a crime that might or might not have been committed. Nothing useful to the investigation of the alleged criminal activity associated with Whitewater could possibly have come from the questioning of the President along this line. The evidence that the questioning was irrelevant to the investigation and all of its veins comes from the fact that NO CRIMINAL CHARGES ASSOCIATED WITH THE ACTUAL ACT OF GETTING A BLOW JOB WERE LEVIED. That makes the line of questioning out of order and the act of putting the President in a position where he was tempted, only by the circumstances created by the Special Prosecutor, to commit the crime of lying to the Grand Jury. Go check out what entrapment is. Kenneth Starr was guilty. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in