LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 05:47 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 1988 300E '91 560SEL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Homophobes-stand to attention!

you know I kinda have a real simple theroy on it. As long as we are not having sex what difference does it make if anyone is straight or gay? There is alot more to a person than just thier sexuality. Further more if you do happen to know someone is gay or straight you have nothing to fear and in most cases nothing to dislike. The fact is, No straight man is gonna be trying to sleep with a gay man. Right? There is no interest. Well belive it or not it's the same thing for gay men. It's just as uninteresting for a gay man to wanna sleep with a straight guy as it is to sleep with a woman. There are many character traits that make then unattractive sexually. Bottom line is, unless your sleeping with someone what difference does all this make? Another big thing going on here in the states is the debate over gay marriage. Everyone is doing everything they can to prevent gay marriage. I don't really understand what the problem is? I am going to give you a very literal point of view. I own a house now, but before I live in a large Rental apartment community. Over three hundred units there. Say you live in this community, Can you tell me you actually know every single person in this community? Do you know who they are married to? The girl in Apartment 2A is going to marry Rick Parker this week, do you knwo him? Do you care? Of course not. So why is it all the sudden everyone cares if gays are married or not? Here's a Thought. If your against gay marriage, don't marry a homosexual, just marry someone of the oppisite sex.lol I mean it's time to grow up. We are all one kind of people, we are the human race. I saw some pretty hateful remarks in these forums last week. Most would have been offended by them. I choose to do my best to ignore them. I understand how people are raised has a lot to do with thier views on life. I was raised in the south. I know all about prejudices. However to all those people who make those remarks. Had I saw you, broke down on the side of the road in your car, I would have still stopped to offer you help, reguardless of the fact that your straight. I would do it because you are a human being, and yes for those god fearing of you, I would do it because god put you here. Where not sleeping together, nor are we going to be, so lets all get past this small stuff.

Always,

Jessie O.
Palm Beach Florida
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 07:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
S-KLASSE8 - 5/26/2005 5:34 PM

I think it's funny that anybody that can't stand homosexuals is labeled a homophobe. Phobe - meaning, "fear of". That means to dislike something is the same as being afraid of it? I DON'T THINK SO! I don't like tuna fish or guacamole either, but it has nothing to do with any kind of phobia. That's just bogus fag psychology that tries to blame normal people, for not liking abnormal people. Don't buy into that crap.
Think as you may.
Although you are right about the original meaning of Phobos, the ethymological root of phobe, the current and accepted meaning of the word is not exclusive to fear.
Phobe also means "averse to". Scientist routinely use phobe in that way, hydrophobe comes to mind. Hydrophobic substances are non receptive to epiteths like fag, have no conscience that would support feelings of fear or hatred, etc... by now, you get the idea.

I'll disagree with you in that I don't think that homophobe is a funny label, I think it's a sorry label for sorry people.

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 08:14 AM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL

Quote:
Jessie - 5/27/2005 12:47 PM

you know I kinda have a real simple theroy on it. As long as we are not having sex what difference does it make if anyone is straight or gay? There is alot more to a person than just thier sexuality. Further more if you do happen to know someone is gay or straight you have nothing to fear and in most cases nothing to dislike. The fact is, No straight man is gonna be trying to sleep with a gay man. Right? There is no interest. Well belive it or not it's the same thing for gay men. It's just as uninteresting for a gay man to wanna sleep with a straight guy as it is to sleep with a woman. There are many character traits that make then unattractive sexually. Bottom line is, unless your sleeping with someone what difference does all this make? Another big thing going on here in the states is the debate over gay marriage. Everyone is doing everything they can to prevent gay marriage. I don't really understand what the problem is? I am going to give you a very literal point of view. I own a house now, but before I live in a large Rental apartment community. Over three hundred units there. Say you live in this community, Can you tell me you actually know every single person in this community? Do you know who they are married to? The girl in Apartment 2A is going to marry Rick Parker this week, do you knwo him? Do you care? Of course not. So why is it all the sudden everyone cares if gays are married or not? Here's a Thought. If your against gay marriage, don't marry a homosexual, just marry someone of the oppisite sex.lol I mean it's time to grow up. We are all one kind of people, we are the human race. I saw some pretty hateful remarks in these forums last week. Most would have been offended by them. I choose to do my best to ignore them. I understand how people are raised has a lot to do with thier views on life. I was raised in the south. I know all about prejudices. However to all those people who make those remarks. Had I saw you, broke down on the side of the road in your car, I would have still stopped to offer you help, reguardless of the fact that your straight. I would do it because you are a human being, and yes for those god fearing of you, I would do it because god put you here. Where not sleeping together, nor are we going to be, so lets all get past this small stuff.
Very well said.

Why some manage to confuse sexual preferences with liking or disliking people really beats me. What a great thing to judge someone on. Really, I just don't get it. As you said, it's such a small part of life. And anyway, it's none of anyone else's fucking business, literally.
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 08:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005

Quote:
Jessie - 5/27/2005 7:47 AM

As a younger and less sophisticated thinker, I associated my discomfort for the gay sex act with the individuals engaged in it. I called them fags and other derrogatory names etc. It is my eventual association with good natured folks like you, sir, which changed my perception of homosexuals. I have never met an intolerant homosexual though I'm certain that the hetero sex act is as undesirable to them as the homosexual sex act is to me.

Your statement that you would still stop and help another individual who was in need regardless of thier sexuality is just as keen if considered in the reverse. Would a person in need turn down your kindness if he/she knew your sexuality and were offended by it? I'd say not unless he/she were so totally blinded by a misguided priciple that the detriment was thiers quite literally.

If it's not too sappy, I would thank you for your contributions and willingness to participate where some are openly hostile to a facet of your life. In the end, the sexual experience is but a small part of us and our experience yet it seems to color everything in our lives.....funny.

If you can imagine, absent the hormones involved, the sex act is really a silly behavior. For a laugh, next time you are engaged, see if you can isolate the physical behavior from all of the other factors. think about what you are doing....it always gives me a chuckle but might lend poignancy to the miniscule part of our lives it is.

aborted Shop Forum member

post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 10:09 AM
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)

Nice to hear some people downplay the overhyped significance of sexual preference. True.
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 10:36 AM
worst mod in BW history

Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Shane - 5/27/2005 11:09 AM

Nice to hear some people downplay the overhyped significance of sexual preference. True.
It definitely depends on your upbringing. I grew up in a very progressive area of the city where same sex parents were not that uncommon, and this is back in the mid 70's. Fellow students who constantly protested about "faggots" and "homos" were looked at with a watchful eye. As Azimuth said, when you're younger, your ability to let people just live their lives is obstructed by ignorance. I knew a guy for about six years. We studied Tae Kwon Do together. He was a complete racist and gay-hater. One of those "If a faggot ever comes near me, I’m gonna kick his ass!� types. One day in the midst of a barbiturate binge, the guy hit on me....He was crying like a baby and shit. The most uncomfortable time of my life. As much of an asshole that he was, I felt sorry for him.

post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 11:34 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005

From the range of comments you guys have posted, it strikes me funny that you have turned my "dislike" of openly gay individuals into "hatred" of them. Hate is a strong word, not to be used lightly. That's the reason I didn't use it. I even compared my dislike for them to food items. Strong emotions huh? As far as my dislike goes, how on Earth would I know that anyone is gay if they didn't try to rub everyones face in it. How would I know if they didn't tell me or make everyone aware of it? Don't want to be prejudciced? Don't brag about it or talk about it. I have never had a single conversation with anyone EVER, that I told them that I am a hetrosexual. Can't they keep their business, "their business"?

"I have spent MOST of the money I have made in my life on expensive women, expensive cars, and expensive drugs. The rest I just wasted." S-KLASSE8, "Belief in the supernatural, reflects a failure in the imagination." - Edward Abbey "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes - 1979 (fully restored) 450SLC - 1989 (fully restored)420SEL - "S CLASS STYLE - S CLASS ATTITUDE"
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 12:03 PM
worst mod in BW history

Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
S-KLASSE8 - 5/27/2005 12:34 PM

From the range of comments you guys have posted, it strikes me funny that you have turned my "dislike" of openly gay individuals into "hatred" of them. Hate is a strong word, not to be used lightly. That's the reason I didn't use it. I even compared my dislike for them to food items. Strong emotions huh? As far as my dislike goes, how on Earth would I know that anyone is gay if they didn't try to rub everyones face in it. How would I know if they didn't tell me or make everyone aware of it? Don't want to be prejudciced? Don't brag about it or talk about it. I have never had a single conversation with anyone EVER, that I told them that I am a hetrosexual. Can't they keep their business, "their business"?
I think flamboyence is in their nature....[:D]

post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 01:12 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 1988 300E '91 560SEL

Ok, please don't take this the wrong way. I am not at all offended by what you said. Other than one's behavior, or seeing them in bed, there is really no reason for you to know that someone is gay. However, when you show up at a party with your wife, how do you introduce her? It is assumed at that moment that you are straight "As if anyone had any doubt, I didn't", and you are not going to have sex with your wife infront of this crowd of people to prove it. It's just accepted that is who you are and she is your spouse. Well for me, I have a Partner of 16 years, when we show up at a party, this is who we are. And again we are not going to have sex in front of a crowd of people to prove we are gay.lol However if you did see me in Public alone, you might never know, or even suspect that I am gay. But again if you see me at a social gathering with my other half, your gonna assume I am, which is true. It's not that I am rubbing anything in your face. It's just who we are, and weather we tell you we are or not, your gonna figure it out, unless your the most brainless moran on the face of the eart, "which I also don't belive".lol I also understand why you might feel the way that you do. There is a portion of the gay population who in my own opinon "makes being gay look bad". I have seen it time and time again. You will never ever see my partner and I groping all over each other in public. That should be kept private. we respect EVERYONE, we don't want to see you and your wife groping all over each other, and we are not going to do it in front of you either. However I have seen the news on TV, where fags are hanging from the roof top, dresses like the biggest sissy's you have ever seen and just making themselves look like fools. We don't like it either. You must understand though in every group of people there are ones who make us all feel uncomfortable and this is no reason for us to decicde the whole group of people is like that bad apple. Think about it, I know you have heard the phrase "trailer trash", I have, I heard it most of my life. However there are some problems in trailer parks, but I also know some very good stand up people who live in mobile homes also. Then we talk about white people "white I happen to be" you have heard the phrase "white Trash", well I hate to tell you, there is some white trash out there, but the entire white race is not trash, only a small portion. So what I am saying with all this, is I can understand the reason why you feel like you do, but please don't assume everyone who is gay is going to behave the way you have seen it. I think now days it's pretty safe to say, that everyone know's someone who is gay, maybe at work, maybe the person next door, maybe even the guys posting and asking for help once in a while on the Benz website, sometimes they are right under you nose, and you don't even know it. I have tons of friends all over the place, in fact majority of them are Straight. And not just straight women, but men too. We have friends from every walk of life. Nothing phases me anymore. I have a very strong sense of humor. You will even hear me blurt out the word Faggot from time to time. So please know that I do understand where you are comming from, and I am not trying to put anything in your face, or force you into beliving anything you don't want to. At some point in time your gonna be somewhere though, and either two men, or two women are gonna walk in the room. You just gonna know, there not going to have to say anything, but you will know. Before you decide you hate them the moment you know, take a chance to introduce youself, they might be the next best set of friends you have ever met. And certainly when you do see them as a pair, rest assure they are not looking to pick someone up.

How would I know if they didn't tell me or make everyone aware of it? Don't want to be prejudciced? Don't brag about it or talk about it. I have never had a single conversation with anyone EVER, that I told them that I am a hetrosexual. Can't they keep their business, "their business"?[/QUOTE]

Always,

Jessie O.
Palm Beach Florida
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 01:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
Jessie - 5/27/2005 2:12 PM
Ok, please don't take this the wrong way...
However if you did see me in Public alone, you might never know, or even suspect that I am gay.
Ok, please don't take this the wrong way.
The frequent interspersion of "lol" in your prose gave you away. I believe you're a teenager pretending to be gay!

Ok, please don't take this the wrong way either.
Time to shell out the $15 buckes for a keyboard with a functional [Enter] key. lol.

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in