ghost posters - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
azimuth's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
ghost posters

For those who may not know, when a thread shows that a post has been registered by an individual but at first it doesn't appear, scroll down to where it says "printer friendly version" and click on that. The ghost post will magically appear.

aborted Shop Forum member

azimuth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 05:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
tcp_ML500's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Location: Exiled
Posts: 9,402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
RE: ghost posters

Quote:
azimuth - 5/22/2005 5:52 PM
For those who may not know, when a thread shows that a post has been registered by an individual but at first it doesn't appear, scroll down to where it says "printer friendly version" and click on that. The ghost post will magically appear.
Did you help write this software?

“I feel so miserable without you; it’s almost like having you here.”
-- Stephen Bishop
tcp_ML500 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 06:17 PM
~BANNED~
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Posts: 41,649
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
RE: ghost posters

Sybil alert!
Shane is offline  
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
azimuth's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: ghost posters

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 5/22/2005 7:45 PM

Quote:
azimuth - 5/22/2005 5:52 PM
For those who may not know, when a thread shows that a post has been registered by an individual but at first it doesn't appear, scroll down to where it says "printer friendly version" and click on that. The ghost post will magically appear.
Did you help write this software?
Nah, I do wonder why sometimes a post is registered as being there but doesn't show-up....anybody know that one?

aborted Shop Forum member

azimuth is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
azimuth's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: ghost posters

I discovered that if you have a "ghost post" that you want to resurrect, "quote" the dead post and post it again and they both will show-up.

There is prolly a better more logical way. I never do things expeditiously.....it hurts my brain.[:D]

aborted Shop Forum member

azimuth is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 06:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
tcp_ML500's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Location: Exiled
Posts: 9,402
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
RE: ghost posters

Quote:
azimuth - 5/22/2005 7:40 PM

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 5/22/2005 7:45 PM

Quote:
azimuth - 5/22/2005 5:52 PM
For those who may not know, when a thread shows that a post has been registered by an individual but at first it doesn't appear, scroll down to where it says "printer friendly version" and click on that. The ghost post will magically appear.
Did you help write this software?
Nah, I do wonder why sometimes a post is registered as being there but doesn't show-up....anybody know that one?
I looked up the code and the following never gets called...

if (loggedUser.Name == "azymuth")
{
postPlacement.randomization.disable();
}

If you read carefully, the programmer has a typo in your logon name, obviously, your posts still get misplaced at random...

“I feel so miserable without you; it’s almost like having you here.”
-- Stephen Bishop
tcp_ML500 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-22-2005, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
azimuth's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: ghost posters

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 5/22/2005 8:54 PM

Quote:
azimuth - 5/22/2005 7:40 PM

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 5/22/2005 7:45 PM

Quote:
azimuth - 5/22/2005 5:52 PM
For those who may not know, when a thread shows that a post has been registered by an individual but at first it doesn't appear, scroll down to where it says "printer friendly version" and click on that. The ghost post will magically appear.
Did you help write this software?
Nah, I do wonder why sometimes a post is registered as being there but doesn't show-up....anybody know that one?
I looked up the code and the following never gets called...

if (loggedUser.Name == "azymuth")
{
postPlacement.randomization.disable();
}

If you read carefully, the programmer has a typo in your logon name, obviously, your posts still get misplaced at random...
*adjusts his tie* I don't get no respect.....

aborted Shop Forum member

azimuth is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome