Anti-gay Republican Mayor turns out to be town's biggest queer - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anti-gay Republican Mayor turns out to be town's biggest queer

One of boneheaddoctor's idles turns out to have feet of clay, and buns of steel!

Spokane mayor takes leave
amid sex probe

Report: West offered jobs to men met in chat
rooms; computers seized
The Associated Press

Updated: 10:58 p.m. ET May 9, 2005SPOKANE, Wash. - Embattled Mayor James West said Monday he will take a leave of absence for a “few weeks� to prepare to defend himself against a newspaper’s allegations of child molestation and that he offered city jobs to men he met online.

West told the City Council that the molestation allegations reported in The Spokesman-Review last week were false and that he would take his first vacation since taking office in January 2004 to prepare a response.

“I hope that you and the people will reserve judgment on me until the newspaper is done persecuting me and allow me to have the fair opportunity to respond to each of the allegations in due time,� West said at the beginning of the council meeting.

He left without taking questions.

Job offers to chat-room denizens?
An hour after West’s announcement, the paper posted a new story on its Web site alleging West offered city jobs to two young men he met through a gay Internet chat room — and that one of them briefly accepted a city appointment.

Ryan Oelrich, an openly gay 24-year-old, told the paper he accepted West’s appointment to the city’s Human Rights Commission in April 2004 after meeting West online at Gay.com.

Oelrich said he resigned from the commission in January after West “hounded me for months, telling me I was cute and asking me out on dates.� Oelrich said he refused the mayor’s advances, the newspaper reported.

The newspaper said another man, who is 25 and spoke on condition of anonymity, said West offered him a job as the city's human resources director, but the man said he was not qualified.

When he rejected the human resources job offer, the man said West offered him a job as aquatics director, overseeing operations at the city's swimming pools, the newspaper reported. The man did not accept that job either.

Calls placed Monday to the mayor's office and City Attorney Mike Connelly seeking comment on the latest allegations were not immediately return ed.

Abuse allegations date to 1970s
The newspaper on Thursday published a series of reports that West had been accused of abusing boys while he was a sheriff’s deputy and Boy Scout leader in the late 1970s and early 1980s.

West, a former Republican state Senate leader and staunch opponent of gay rights, denied those allegations but subsequently acknowledged that he had visited the gay online chat room and had relations with adult men.

The articles resulted in a number of calls for West to resign.

Earlier Monday, city officials seized West’s City Hall computers for an investigation into whether he improperly used them to visit gay chat rooms.

And Monday afternoon, a Spokane resident, Shannon Sullivan, filed a recall petition against West. If the petition is approved by a judge, recall supporters would have to gather more than 12,000 signatures to place the issue on the ballot.

Admits offering internship, memorabilia

The newspaper alleged that West offered autographed sports memorabilia and a possible City Hall internship to someone he thought was an 18-year-old man in a chat room. The man was actually a computer expert hired by The Spokesman-Review as part of a journalism sting operation.

West also disputed a story in Sunday’s newspaper that quoted a city councilwoman as saying he told her that he had masturbated in his office. West said he was at home, not in his office, when the simulated online sex occurred, the newspaper reported.

The Spokesman-Review has called for West’s resignation, saying in an editorial Sunday that he can no longer govern effectively. The Seattle Times also called for West to step down, as did a national gay advocacy organization.

“This man — whether he’s straight, bisexual, or gay — deserves nothing but scorn,� said Matt Foreman, executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force in Washington, D.C. “He needs to resign immediately.�

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 10:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Anti-gay Republican Mayor turns out to be town's biggest queer

Sometimes I wonder about folks like this. In public they are one thing. In private they are the antipathy of thier pubilc selves. At least KV is a gomer all the time.....

I'm only kidding[8D]

By the way, Kirk. How's that new pink feather boa working out for ya?

aborted Shop Forum member

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

It's actually more a mauve.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 11:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
kvining - 5/10/2005 12:57 AM

It's actually more a mauve.
LOL

aborted Shop Forum member

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 12:50 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: 04c230k sport sedan

incredible. it gets more and more crazy as i read. this world we live in is screwed up.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 03:20 AM
~BANNED~

Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Q
Anti-gay Republican Mayor turns out to be town's biggest queer
UQ

The term 'queer' is widely held as being offensive.Kindly adopt more sensistive terminology,such as sausage-jockey,arse bandit,shirt lifter or pillow biter.Thank you.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 08:42 AM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Every vocal anti-gay bigot is now suspect...the louder the hue and cry, the more they have to hide.
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 09:10 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Bwaaaahahahaha

Quote:
deathrattle - 5/10/2005 4:20 AM
The term 'queer' is widely held as being offensive.Kindly adopt more sensistive terminology,such as sausage-jockey,arse bandit,shirt lifter or pillow biter.Thank you.
Thanks!

That was a good (and much needed) laugh! It reminded me of another sensitive aphorism heard in "As good as it gets": Fudge packers.

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 11:44 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

If we could only catch Santorum with a sheep.

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-10-2005, 11:56 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005

I've got a picture of vining sucking Republican dick on ebay right now. The bidding is intense! Up to a penny. [:D]

"I have spent MOST of the money I have made in my life on expensive women, expensive cars, and expensive drugs. The rest I just wasted." S-KLASSE8, "Belief in the supernatural, reflects a failure in the imagination." - Edward Abbey "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes - 1979 (fully restored) 450SLC - 1989 (fully restored)420SEL - "S CLASS STYLE - S CLASS ATTITUDE"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in