On Neocons - Page 16 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 08:29 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: On Neocons

Posted by Botnst: To me, it's all about oil. Saddam was a threat to it. He was bad. He had invaded several of his neighbors and threatened all of them and advocated using oil supply as a directed economic weapon against the USA. That's enough for me. He's no longer in power and that is more than fine with me. It's pure gravy that democracy may find a foothold, if the Iraqi's are willing, in a predominantly Arab country.

---------------------------------------------------

I see--a verbal threat is enough to pull the trigger for you. I suppose when Kruschev pounded his shoe at the U.N. and threatened to "bury" us, you were ready to nuke him and the USSR on the spot.

It's interesting that, to you, oil is the undisputed rationale for whatever form of mayhem we wish to engage in, and for whatever international protocals we wish to violate. Kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in the name of oil; kill 1600 (and counting) Americans in the name of oil; torture and maim detainees, whether we are sure they committed a crime or not, all ok in the name of oil. And of course, lie about the rationale for it all, and that, too, is ok--as long as it's for a good cause. And by good cause, we do not really mean removing an evil dictator (who was just fine with us for a long time, when he was cooperative), nor do we mean establishing democracy. That, of course, is just window dressing. That's just the bull shit we feed the masses, who are only too happy to lap lap lap it up.

No, we mean maintaining our constitutional right to drive, drive, drive--and to do so cheaply, far more cheaply than the rest of the industrialized world. For oil, we sacrifice (happily) someone else's sons and daughters and a large chunk of our treasury--just keep the petro flowing, by God.

Joe B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 08:30 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2005

Posted by Botnst: To me, it's all about oil. Saddam was a threat to it. He was bad. He had invaded several of his neighbors and threatened all of them and advocated using oil supply as a directed economic weapon against the USA. That's enough for me. He's no longer in power and that is more than fine with me. It's pure gravy that democracy may find a foothold, if the Iraqi's are willing, in a predominantly Arab country.

---------------------------------------------------

I see--a verbal threat is enough to pull the trigger for you. I suppose when Kruschev pounded his shoe at the U.N. and threatened to "bury" us, you were ready to nuke him and the USSR on the spot.

It's interesting that, to you, oil is the undisputed rationale for whatever form of mayhem we wish to engage in, and for whatever international protocals we wish to violate. Kill hundreds of thousands of Iraqis in the name of oil; kill 1600 (and counting) Americans in the name of oil; torture and maim detainees, whether we are sure they committed a crime or not, all ok in the name of oil. And of course, lie about the rationale for it all, and that, too, is ok--as long as it's for a good cause. And by good cause, we do not really mean removing an evil dictator (who was just fine with us for a long time, when he was cooperative), nor do we mean establishing democracy. That, of course, is just window dressing. That's just the bull shit we feed the masses, who are only too happy to lap lap lap it up.

No, we mean maintaining our constitutional right to drive, drive, drive--and to do so cheaply, far more cheaply than the rest of the industrialized world. For oil, we sacrifice (happily) someone else's sons and daughters and a large chunk of our treasury--just keep the petro flowing, by God.

Joe B.
post #153 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 11:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Zeitgeist - 5/27/2005 7:30 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 5/27/2005 3:27 PM
To me, it's all about oil. Saddam was a threat to it. He was bad. He had invaded several of his neighbors and threatened all of them and advocated using oil supply as a directed economic weapon against the USA. That's enough for me. He's no longer in power and that is more than fine with me. It's pure gravy that democracy may find a foothold, if the Iraqi's are willing, in a predominantly Arab country.
...and it sounds like you advocate murder, rape, torture and mayhem to get your way...at least when it's about oil. If that stuff's ok, what won't you do for oil? Can this country sink any lower than that, or do you even care? I can't possibly fathom the mindset that values a mere commodity higher than that of human lives and dignity...a commodity mind you that we don't even own, or have rights to in the first place--what a disgrace.
His reasoning Z, is the essence of Nazism.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #154 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 11:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:

Quote:
To me, it's all about oil. Saddam was a threat to it. He was bad. He had invaded several of his neighbors and threatened all of them and advocated using oil supply as a directed economic weapon against the USA. That's enough for me. He's no longer in power and that is more than fine with me. It's pure gravy that democracy may find a foothold, if the Iraqi's are willing, in a predominantly Arab country.
...and it sounds like you advocate murder, rape, torture and mayhem to get your way...at least when it's about oil. If that stuff's ok, what won't you do for oil? Can this country sink any lower than that, or do you even care? I can't possibly fathom the mindset that values a mere commodity higher than that of human lives and dignity...a commodity mind you that we don't even own, or have rights to in the first place--what a disgrace.
His reasoning Z, is the essence of Nazism.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #155 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 11:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:

Quote:
His statement, Z, is the essence of Nazism. The invasion of Chile for copper, Uguanda for industrial diamonds, all will be ok by him. The important thing is The Needs of The State, and the Will of The Leader.

post #156 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 09:30 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 300 SEL

Quote:
JimSmith - 5/27/2005 8:32 PM

I think you are granting yourself way too much credit. You have offered nothing but opinions, no facts. And shallow, selfish, smug opinions at that. While your diction is a great improvement over the VADude normal fare, your contribution sounds a lot like you are playing Pong with yourself. Jim
Well yippy skippy. Opinion is what this thread is all about. My original contribution was to call Zeitgeist on his foolish claim that 'facts are beside the point'. At which point the bluntskulls jumped in to bemoan the fact that somebody dared spak against their dogma.

Which brings us to your Ad Homenim attack. You attempted to discredit anything I said by using my sig quote as evidence that I was somehow mounting a 'vigorous defense' of Caligula by pointing out your all-to-common liberal tactic of attacking the person instead of the issue.

Be careful reading this...I wouldn't want your lips to get tired.

By the way...is posting something multiple times what all the cool kids do?

Let them hate, so long as they fear — Caligula
post #157 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
kvining - 5/27/2005 10:10 PM
His statement, Z, is the essence of Nazism. The invasion of Chile for copper, Uguanda for industrial diamonds, all will be ok by him. The important thing is The Needs of The State, and the Will of The Leader.
...as long as the glorious leader's rhetoric is steeped in flowery nationalism and statements of ever-so-good intentions, anything goes--Amerika uber alles!!
post #158 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 10:53 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
Skeezix - 5/28/2005 11:30 AM

Quote:
JimSmith - 5/27/2005 8:32 PM

I think you are granting yourself way too much credit. You have offered nothing but opinions, no facts. And shallow, selfish, smug opinions at that. While your diction is a great improvement over the VADude normal fare, your contribution sounds a lot like you are playing Pong with yourself. Jim
Well yippy skippy. Opinion is what this thread is all about. My original contribution was to call Zeitgeist on his foolish claim that 'facts are beside the point'. At which point the bluntskulls jumped in to bemoan the fact that somebody dared spak against their dogma.

Which brings us to your Ad Homenim attack. You attempted to discredit anything I said by using my sig quote as evidence that I was somehow mounting a 'vigorous defense' of Caligula by pointing out your all-to-common liberal tactic of attacking the person instead of the issue.

Be careful reading this...I wouldn't want your lips to get tired.

By the way...is posting something multiple times what all the cool kids do?
I realize the multiple posting thing can easily confuse some readers. But reexamine the sequence. You accused me of an "ad Hominem" attack on Caligula, and defended the quote you use in your signature after I pointed out how that particular quote, and Caligula's political outlook in general, was suited to someone who supports the use of fear for political purposes. I then merely pointed out the defense of Caligula's political theories and their practice was well aligned with those supporting the Bush administration.

You also suggested your posts consist of no more than facts, and, when I reviewed the contributions you offered on this thread, I could find little more than your opinions. If that was in response to Zeitgeist's statement that you quote a snippet from above, you need to reread the discussion leading up to that statement. Your opinion on facts in that context is out of context as you apparently missed Zeitgeist's point.

This discussion reminds me of Tom Delay deflecting the spotlight from his activities that have earned him a reputation for shady deals and false ethics, to Tom Delay being "miffed" that his "good name" is being used on prime time TV shows in a less than complimentary context. Skeezix, giving out misinformation and claiming others are somehow being unfair or uncouth when they point this out is a proven Republican Party tactic. It works on the farm animals they have under their control, but not on normal, healthy, humans who resist being dominated by fear tactics. Shape up or ship out. Jim
post #159 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 12:23 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

How many fucking cunts must be dropped before we once again have peace?

post #160 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-28-2005, 03:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
re: your "Imagine a world without liberals" avatar

Quote:
Skeezix - 5/27/2005 7:00 PM

Quote:
tcp_ML500 - 5/27/2005 5:40 PM
All y'all would look like this!
Though I'm fairly sure that you meant insult, the fact that the people pictured appear to have worked for what they have means that you have, indeed, come surprisingly close to the truth.
Paranoia is not necessarily a bad thing. Taking things personally is not becessarily a bad thing.
As for my intention, it was but a sarcastic commentary. How interesting that you would consider it an insult and respond accordingly, when your current avatar is anything but an insult to liberals whose existance you deem worthless. I now realize your entitlement to insulting others, all the while lending the same intentions to whomever does not seem to align with you.

I am not surprised you identify with the individuals portrayed in this oil painting on beaverboard, you, your ideas, and your deliveries of such are Gothic, if American.

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in