On Neocons - Page 14 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 02:56 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: On Neocons

Posted by Botnst: Now if you mend your ways and kiss the arse of people who hate us and want to kill us, you'll have a chance of getting back into the path of righteous self-delusion.

-------------------------------------------------

Let's see, of the 19 who attacked us, 14 were from Saudia Arabia; none were from Iraq. Yet, we're in Iraq. Maybe it's just a case of "they all look the same." A simple answer for the simple minded.

Joe B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 03:20 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 300 SEL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
JimSmith - 5/27/2005 3:32 PM

Geez Skeez, I think I will leave you to admire and defend Caligula and his "frat-party" habits alone. He just wasn't my kind of Fuehrer, but your vigorous defense of him puts your affection and dedication to the present Fuehrer Bush in perspective. Jim
Reading comprehension problems? Pointing out that you predictably resort to hand-waving and hysterics in lieu of reasoned arguments is in no way a 'vigorous defense' of Caligula or his more endearing habits.

Let them hate, so long as they fear — Caligula
post #133 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 03:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
re: your "Imagine a world without liberals" avatar

Quote:
Skeezix - 5/27/2005 4:20 PM
Reading comprehension problems? Pointing out that you predictably resort to hand-waving and hysterics in lieu of reasoned arguments is in no way a 'vigorous defense' of Caligula or his more endearing habits.
All y'all would look like this!

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
post #134 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 04:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Joe Bauers - 5/27/2005 4:52 PM

Posted by Botnst: Now if you mend your ways and kiss the arse of people who hate us and want to kill us, you'll have a chance of getting back into the path of righteous self-delusion.

---------------------------------------------------

Let's see--"the people who hate us"...

We were attacked by 14 people from Saudia Arabia, but curiously enough, we're in Iraq. Maybe it's just another case of "they all look the same." Makes it that much simpler, especially for the simple minded.

Joe B.
It's an entire system of thought - the input is dead innocent kids, innocent non-combatants that make up most of the populace of Iraq who are non-humans who can be killed, a Baathist ruling class who was disgusting, but had actually never attacked the US, a phony "democracy", and the Bitsnst output is "the people who hate us", a facade to cover up the murder of 100,000 innocent people, murdered for the sake of an oil supply. And then HE claims we engage in self-delusion. What a Kool-Aid drinking ass.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #135 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 04:04 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

...methinks a puerile retort is in the works.
post #136 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 04:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Skeezix - 5/27/2005 5:20 PM

Quote:
JimSmith - 5/27/2005 3:32 PM

Geez Skeez, I think I will leave you to admire and defend Caligula and his "frat-party" habits alone. He just wasn't my kind of Fuehrer, but your vigorous defense of him puts your affection and dedication to the present Fuehrer Bush in perspective. Jim
I'll match you with reasoned argument anytime. So far the only thing you have been on this board is a name-calling pinhead.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #137 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 04:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
Skeezix - 5/27/2005 5:20 PM
Comparing the content of your posts on the subject, the defense you mounted for Caligula was considered "vigorous" if not effective or meaningful. To make you feel better, I will retract the statement and declare it was meaningless too. Done. Jim
post #138 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Joe Bauers - 5/27/2005 4:56 PM

-------------------------------------------------

Let's see, of the 19 who attacked us, 14 were from Saudia Arabia; none were from Iraq. Yet, we're in Iraq. Maybe it's just a case of "they all look the same." A simple answer for the simple minded.

Joe B.
I agree there were no Iraqis. Never thought otherwise.

The whole Iraq thing, for me, was not about 9/11 nor WMD. That's other folk's rational's, not mine.

To me, it's all about oil. Saddam was a threat to it. He was bad. He had invaded several of his neighbors and threatened all of them and advocated using oil supply as a directed economic weapon against the USA. That's enough for me. He's no longer in power and that is more than fine with me. It's pure gravy that democracy may find a foothold, if the Iraqi's are willing, in a predominantly Arab country.
post #139 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
kvining - 5/27/2005 6:01 PM

Quote:
Joe Bauers - 5/27/2005 4:52 PM

---------------------------------------------------

Let's see--"the people who hate us"...

We were attacked by 14 people from Saudia Arabia, but curiously enough, we're in Iraq. Maybe it's just another case of "they all look the same." Makes it that much simpler, especially for the simple minded.

Joe B.
It's an entire system of thought - the input is dead innocent kids, innocent non-combatants that make up most of the populace of Iraq who are non-humans who can be killed, a Baathist ruling class who was disgusting, but had actually never attacked the US, a phony "democracy", and the Bitsnst output is "the people who hate us", a facade to cover up the murder of 100,000 innocent people, murdered for the sake of an oil supply. And then HE claims we engage in self-delusion. What a Kool-Aid drinking ass.

Typical example of your carefully reasoned argument.
post #140 of 188 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
old300D - 5/27/2005 4:08 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 5/27/2005 11:57 AM

Quote:
Zeitgeist - 5/27/2005 1:45 PM

...clever setup for your favored "You're either with the Imperialists or you're with the Jihadists"--nice.

BTW: Fascism is still wrong, and apologizing for fascists is too.
It would all make sense if you only knew a proper definition of fascism. Instead, you take the much more personally satisfying approach as pioneered by Humpty-Bumpty.

http://stripeys.com/stripey/humptyandalice.htm
The sophist strikes again.
Fucking cunt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in