LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2002
Vehicle: '97 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Move to Columbia, South Carolina? (256KB photo)

Been thinking about moving to South Carolina, more specifically Columbia... I have been looking for a home here in Connecticut but to no success. If I find something I like then I get overbid. The prices here in Connecticut as sooo inflated that it is scarey to imagine how much the prices will drop here when they do. Been looking into SC as I would think that the prices have a lighter tendency to drop as much as they would here, as the pricing there is already lower there don't appear to be as many large companies that attract to the area as in Connecticut. I could be wrong. I'm here to learn...

Reasons: I want to move to the south where life in general is less expensive than in the NorthEast. I don't mind the slower pace, my significant other wants to further pursue her education at USC in the medical field, specifically Pharmacology, and the company I work for has an office there, I would basically just be looking for an opening there...

Can anyone from that area tell me a little more about it? I've done some homework on it so far by location some statistics on the demographics of the area, mean age (33), temperatures etc.... The area so far looks mint. Not to mention is is a small drive away from Florida, where we have some family and I love the attractions in Florida.

I like the amount of space around and Lake Murray looks like a great place to enjoy the outdoors.

- I've never been to the area and would not mind purchasing a home there (at least a deposit) if I find something that I like. What areas are recommended and to be avoided?

I am including a screen shot of a bunch of home(s) and condo(s) that I have pulled off Realtor.com to get a feel for what is available in Columbia. I see a large number of new construction and already established home for sale more so toward the upper right corner. It isn't too far from Fort Jackson Military Reserve. I wouldn't imagine that this would scare people away...

Any insight is greatly appreciated. BTW, #2 on the map is the location where I would like to pursue a home, there is one there but not sure yet if it is available. Let me know if ya'll can't read the info on the map.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in