LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 07:41 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2003
Vehicle: 300d, 409d
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Bush "Town Hall Meetings" = Nuremburg Rallies

It's really shameful to compare Bush's faux town hall meetings to Hitler's Nuremberg rallies. Hitler clearly understand the power and value of rhetoric and concentrated on developing an ability to appeal to both the intellectual and the uneducated. He was a genius at a skill in which Bush is clueless.

By the way, the people thrown out of the meeting here in Colorado are still trying to obtain the name of the Bush staffer who posed as Secret Service in order to threaten and eject them. So far, no one is talking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 10:24 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2005

Anyone who saw the Frontline piece on Karl Rove will understand that propaganda is the one thing this administration is really good at. Rove is a master of controlling events to suit his purposes, just as he is a master of smearing rivals (Ann Richards, John McCain, John Kerry) with favorite tricks (one of his favorites, and one he used on all three, is associating the rival with gays).

Joe B.
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 06:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 4/19/2005 8:34 AM

Quote:
Botnst - 4/18/2005 5:15 PM

Just from the sounds of them, I think Gov Dean's meetings are similar to the early Nazi meetings, with their near-continuous hate-filled comments about Republicans. I haven't heard such rapid, mindless offensive gutter-talk since the sanctimonious Republicans were hounding Bill Clinton.

My mind turns off whenever I hear somebody somebody say or write text with something like, "All Democrats...", or "All Republicans....", "All _______". Just insert Jews, African Americans, homosexuals, liberals, conservatives, etc. That kind of talk says far more about the speaker than it does about his subject.
I have been to numerous Dean events. No one is turned away. Protests in the crowd are tolerated. You are welome to come see for yourself. I'll tell you what - I'll try to get into a Bush event, and you try to get in to a Dean event. Let's see who the Nazi is.

I have never once heard Dean say "all Republicans" or anything like that. While his speeches are tough, they are not "hate filled". If you really want to hear "hate filled", I suggest an hour of AM radio, which is not "near-continous", it is in fact utterly continous, foaming at the mouth, rabid hatred for anyone left of Bill O'reilly. Instead of running your mouth, perhaps you should post one of Dr. Dean's speeches to prove your baseless and base assertion.

The chances of me going to ANY political event are incalculably inifinitisimal.

I've heard Dean a few times on C-SPAN. When he says that he hates Repos and believes that all Repos are dishonest, etc, I take him at his word. I understand him to believe that. I see no difference in that type of statement and saying, "I hate all...". Doesn't matter the target, what matters is the belief system. that one is, by definition, prejudiced.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 07:12 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2003
Vehicle: 300d, 409d

Quote:
Joe Bauers - 4/22/2005 12:24 AM

Anyone who saw the Frontline piece on Karl Rove will understand that propaganda is the one thing this administration is really good at. Rove is a master of controlling events to suit his purposes, just as he is a master of smearing rivals (Ann Richards, John McCain, John Kerry) with favorite tricks (one of his favorites, and one he used on all three, is associating the rival with gays).

Joe B.
I saw part of that piece and I agree that Rove is the master of propaganda. But the propaganda skills of this administration, while central to its power, are not focused on the ability of Bush to produce a powerful public speech. It's probably why they forced out the three people. Hitler was willing to fight with words in public. Bush can't, so the audience has be be carefully constructed and the manipulation of the news media becomes the central focus of the propaganda efforts.

It could be just the differences between propaganda in the radio age and propaganda in the age of TV.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Botnst - 4/22/2005 8:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Just from the sounds of them, I think Gov Dean's meetings are similar to the early Nazi meetings, with their near-continuous hate-filled comments about Republicans. I haven't heard such rapid, mindless offensive gutter-talk since the sanctimonious Republicans were hounding Bill Clinton.

My mind turns off whenever I hear somebody somebody say or write text with something like, "All Democrats...", or "All Republicans....", "All _______". Just insert Jews, African Americans, homosexuals, liberals, conservatives, etc. That kind of talk says far more about the speaker than it does about his subject.
I have been to numerous Dean events. No one is turned away. Protests in the crowd are tolerated. You are welome to come see for yourself. I'll tell you what - I'll try to get into a Bush event, and you try to get in to a Dean event. Let's see who the Nazi is.

I have never once heard Dean say "all Republicans" or anything like that. While his speeches are tough, they are not "hate filled". If you really want to hear "hate filled", I suggest an hour of AM radio, which is not "near-continous", it is in fact utterly continous, foaming at the mouth, rabid hatred for anyone left of Bill O'reilly. Instead of running your mouth, perhaps you should post one of Dr. Dean's speeches to prove your baseless and base assertion.

I've heard Dean a few times on C-SPAN. When he says that he hates Repos and believes that all Repos are dishonest, etc, I take him at his word. I understand him to believe that. I see no difference in that type of statement and saying, "I hate all...". Doesn't matter the target, what matters is the belief system. that one is, by definition, prejudiced.
Once again I will ask you to document your claim that Dean called "all Republicans dishonest" or that he said he "hates Repos". Its odd I hear the same baseless claims on right wing radio and from Sean Hannity. Is that your source?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 01:31 PM
BenzWorld Member

Posted by KirkVining: Once again I will ask you to document your claim that Dean called "all Republicans dishonest" or that he said he "hates Repos". Its odd I hear the same baseless claims on right wing radio and from Sean Hannity. Is that your source?

---------------------------------------------------

I, too, would like to see a source here. I listened to Dean numerous times during the primary campaign, and since, and I never heard him utter anything along the lines of him hating all Republicans, or that "all Republicans are dishonest." I do recall him saying that Republicans, in general, are meaner than Democrats, and that he thought Dems needed to toughen up to face that level of meanness.

Joe B.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 01:43 PM
BenzWorld Member

Posted by Kerry Edwards: saw part of that piece and I agree that Rove is the master of propaganda. But the propaganda skills of this administration, while central to its power, are not focused on the ability of Bush to produce a powerful public speech. It's probably why they forced out the three people. Hitler was willing to fight with words in public. Bush can't, so the audience has be be carefully constructed and the manipulation of the news media becomes the central focus of the propaganda efforts.

-------------------------------------------------

This is a point well-taken. Hitler was obviously a strength of his party's propaganda machine; Bush is a weakness. Hitler's gift for oratory carried the propaganda, while Bush's weakness in that area needs to be constantly managed by those around him who are smarter. They select the words to put in his mouth; they select the visual background behind him; and they select the audience. This is why they wanted to limit the number of debates--there was a fear that he might say something astoundingly stupid if left to his own devices, such as they are. In terms of raw IQ, Hitler, of course, had Bush beat by a mile.

Joe B.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 01:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
kvining - 4/22/2005 9:54 AM

Quote:
Botnst - 4/22/2005 8:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Once again I will ask you to document your claim that Dean called "all Republicans dishonest" or that he said he "hates Repos". Its odd I hear the same baseless claims on right wing radio and from Sean Hannity. Is that your source?
Good grief. Go to Google and enter Dean Republicans. Look down the list of hits. Read at your leisure.

B
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

What I see is a big difference between what Dean says and what your propaganda machine claims he says. Read at your leisure:

http://www.crocuta.net/Dean/Dean_Speeches.htm

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 04-22-2005, 04:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Whatever.

He was on C-Span twice since he got the new job, at least that I've seen him. I heard what he said. I formed my opinion and provided it. You have your opinion, which is fine, and then you slather on your snide little commentary about from whom I get my info. Hell boy, seems like you listen to Hannity and Limbaugh and quote them with regularity. That's fine with me, I don't give a damn. But I do prefer to hear the source of news in their own words rather than through some damned-fool who thinks he can interpret better than I can hear. I don't think I've ever quoted any of those yoyos. I'd just as soon waste my time listening to late-night turnip farts at my in-laws.

I provided everybody with the world's simplest search. Everybody...make up your own minds.

IMO, he (uh, Dean) and Rove should marry and run off to Transylvania together and leave us all to muddle on through our miserable little lives without their plotting, scheming and meddling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in