LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Oregon court voids 3,000 gay marriages.

SALEM, Ore. (Reuters) - Oregon's Supreme Court invalidated 3,000 marriage licenses on Thursday that had been issued to same-sex couples a year ago, saying they were unconstitutional.

The court said Multnomah County, which includes Portland and is Oregon's most populous county, had violated the state constitution's definition of marriage as a union between a man and a woman. I'm definately not a bible pounder and try to have an open mind to most things. When it comes down to it, I really don't have a problem with homosexual marriage with one exeption. Adoption of children. If you legalize their marriage, then they would have the right to adopt. I do have a problem with that! All children benefit from having a mommy and daddy influence as a role model. If you ask,"what about divorce?" Sure moms and dads do divorce, but the kids are not introduced to an "alternative lifestyle". They STILL have hetrosexuality as their defining role model. Think having two moms that sleep together, or two dads, doesn't influence children? Think again. It does. Homosexuals can do anything they want, just leave kids out of it. http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=671423

"I have spent MOST of the money I have made in my life on expensive women, expensive cars, and expensive drugs. The rest I just wasted." S-KLASSE8, "Belief in the supernatural, reflects a failure in the imagination." - Edward Abbey "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes - 1979 (fully restored) 450SLC - 1989 (fully restored)420SEL - "S CLASS STYLE - S CLASS ATTITUDE"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 07:35 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: Passat Variant
Send a message via Yahoo to kuan1
RE: Oregon court voids 3,000 gay marriages.

You don't have any gay friends with kids do you? I should introduce you to some. You might change your mind. Gay people have as many straight friends as most straight people. They live in a mostly straight world, and exposure to a gay lifestyle is here to stay, straight or not. Hetero people have no clue until they're actually introduced to the inner workings of non-breeding families.

Regardless of whether you understand or not, if it's OK for parents then it should be OK for kids. Why the double standard? IMO it's better for a kid to have parents than none, gay, single, or hetero.

All hail the Sixteen Men of Tain!
post #3 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-15-2005, 10:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005

Quote:
kuan1 - 4/15/2005 9:35 PM

You don't have any gay friends with kids do you? I should introduce you to some. You might change your mind. Gay people have as many straight friends as most straight people. They live in a mostly straight world, and exposure to a gay lifestyle is here to stay, straight or not. Hetero people have no clue until they're actually introduced to the inner workings of non-breeding families.

Regardless of whether you understand or not, if it's OK for parents then it should be OK for kids. Why the double standard? IMO it's better for a kid to have parents than none, gay, single, or hetero.
Kuan, in your opinion, what is the best environment for raising children?

aborted Shop Forum member

post #4 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 12:19 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)

What if it is two HIV black kids that nobody wants to adopt? Is it ok for two gay men/women to raise them then?
post #5 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 01:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004

I have no children, however several of my nieces are very confused about a few kids who have two mommies or two daddies, either because of being gay or divorce and remarriage. It just seems that we shouldn't have to try and explain this to six year olds. Let kids be kids.
post #6 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 01:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004

Quote:
lovemyc280 - 4/16/2005 2:19 AM

What if it is two HIV black kids that nobody wants to adopt? Is it ok for two gay men/women to raise them then?
Nothing much sadder than that scenerio, but my answer is still a resounding NOPE!
post #7 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 03:01 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon

Homo's and Lesbians can do what they like in their own space - but legalizing their activities also endorses and legitamises this small population percentile. Count me as a lowering tolerant anti-gay. I say thank you Oregon court for standing up to yet further changes to good old values. They can civil unite (legal partnership) to their hearts content, but extending this to the right to bring up kids is seriously sick shit.
post #8 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 05:03 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Yawn,

Married, not married, I don't care.

As for raising kids, let whoever wants to raise one raise one. Given all the screwed up straight parents I can't imagine gay ones are going to do any worse.

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #9 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 05:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon

Koop - it's way past your bed time. Kiss your two Daddies goodnight.
post #10 of 71 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 07:48 AM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: Passat Variant
Send a message via Yahoo to kuan1

Quote:
azimuth - 4/15/2005 11:14 PM

Kuan, in your opinion, what is the best environment for raising children?
A positive and caring one. Single, two males, two females, four aunts, a convent, a whole village, state....

OK maybe not the state.

All hail the Sixteen Men of Tain!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in