LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 02:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: The Minutemen are here

Nope - not the response I expected,it answers nothing yet contains fuck you attitude. Autumn is here now, we have survived another Summer, thank you for concern.
Instead of going for your guns, how about a reasoned conversation homeboy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 02:23 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 1989 W201.029/M103 3.0
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage

Germanstar, I have no problem with that. As you say you were merely expressing an opinion. Perhaps this was misrepresented unintentionally.
You should have no need whatsoever to support your own opinions to yourself, the thought is completely ridiculous. You'd end up walking around arguing with invisible people. Others would start picking on you. Eventually you might load a MAC-9 to get back at them, it's no good for anybody.

However, what you appeared to say, if I'm not mistaken is that yours was more important than mine, because due to my nation's policies I would be unable to comprehend such intricicies as you are privy to, due to location and national political claims.

Ironic that I was talking about blindness and bigotry.

I'm sure that wasn't what you meant to say however, rather a witty and intelligent illustration which demonstrates insight that others can learn from. You just couldn't be bothered, as you mention.
Fair enough. I don't judge you.
[;)]

PS. a lot of your policies equally "complex" are they? People 'round here say that too.

driving a fast car should feel like falling off a building.
post #43 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 07:09 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
guage - 3/31/2005 5:51 PM

i think they well man staggard check points
at suspected cross ways set up drag lines on
dirt roads and do tracking. they won't be in the city
in the back of trucks looking around, unless of course the shuttle departs from there
The first time some bunch of armed private citizens tries to stop me at a "checkpoint", I'm going to kill as many of those bastards as I can.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #44 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
kvining - 4/1/2005 9:09 AM

The first time some bunch of armed private citizens tries to stop me at a "checkpoint", I'm going to kill as many of those bastards as I can.
As he slowly morphs into the VDude - hey it's Friday, race weekend, the new F-5000 - lighten up. From wwhat I've seen these guys aren't a problem - large lard filled doughnut eaters that would be out of breath running 10yrds.
post #45 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Alfa

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Wow bravo, move to Wisconsin and set up
in a tree stand too.
What are you doing crossing the border at unauthorized points?
You truly are a internet tuff guy.
post #46 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 07:46 AM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: Runs

Quote:
shrimpton - 4/1/2005 3:23 AM

You poor guys, not only must the US fight for freedom beyond your borders, you must also fight to prevent others who aspire to share the same freedom you hold so dear,from breaching your borders.
It is easy to be a snippy little shit and take a superior attitude.

It is not the illegals who are the problem, the problem lies with the profiteers who are exploiting the illegals and us. It is ok to break the law in the US if the right people profit from it.

There are basically two types here in the US, the exploiters who are politically well-connected and protected and free to break laws at will for fun and profit. And then there are the rest of the poor dumb suckers who are subject to the law and burdened by morals.

If you follow the law the bulk of your efforts are consumed by taxes, licenses, permits, fees, bonds, insurance and more insurance and more insurance, interest, etc. All of which are legislated to control competition and only apply to the poor dumb suckers. Yes it is truly a privilege to be an American.
post #47 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
vanir - 4/1/2005 2:23 AM

However, what you appeared to say, if I'm not mistaken is that yours was more important than mine, because due to my nation's policies I would be unable to comprehend such intricicies as you are privy to, due to location and national political claims.
Actually, all I'm really saying is that mine is more important than yours because the problem is in my backyard, and you're 10,000 miles away. I'm sure you can comprehend such intricacies, but I'm also sure that you are unaware of them, as are the vast majority of Americans. I could be wrong -- my conclusion is based on proximity alone. Note that this is a local, rather than a national issue. Your national origin does not taint you, it merely adds a bit of irony.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #48 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 12:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005

Quote:
shrimpton - 4/1/2005 4:02 AM

Nope - not the response I expected,it answers nothing yet contains fuck you attitude. Autumn is here now, we have survived another Summer, thank you for concern.
Instead of going for your guns, how about a reasoned conversation homeboy.
yup, I was in a bad mood. Sorry for my earlier bellicosity. I did, however answer your Q with my perspective. As to the F you attitude, I'll dial that down to "mind your own bees wax"[:D]

aborted Shop Forum member

post #49 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 05:08 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: Runs

LouDobbs.com at CNN has a poll that asks, Do you support the goals of the Minuteman Project? I voted yes, the poll results are now at 90% Yes.
post #50 of 114 (permalink) Old 04-01-2005, 05:16 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: 1989 W201.029/M103 3.0
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
...but I'm also sure that you are unaware of them, as are the vast majority of Americans.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate being promoted from xenophobic Australian to one of the "other" Americans, but you must understand any communication I may have available is precluded by the need of my being considered in equal validity to yourself.
You never know when someone else, even living far away at the time knows a little something of what you're speaking about. It would seem counterproductive to simply dismiss objective interjections; convenient but counterproductive.

Nevertheless I appreciate your open candor, Germanstar. You have my respect as a moderator.

driving a fast car should feel like falling off a building.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in