BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
RE: The Minutemen are here

Quote:
mzsmbs - 3/31/2005 5:57 PM

don't most illegals work for small businesses? mom and pop type of operations? that's what it seems to be around here...
That is the big thing that has changed, and that is why they are flooding in by the millions. The succession of Republican congress's have filled the laws on hiring these guys full of loopholes so the employer gets off scott-free for hiring them. The big companies have figured they can benefit too, and are now hiring them by the millions. I got really pissed about this the day I realized a company I was doing work for was hiring them to fill white collar jobs - it ain't just mowing your lawn, Mexico produces business grads just like every other country, and they are swimming the Rio Grande now too. The employers love them - what are they going to do, ask for a raise? Join a union? Complain to the feds about working conditions? People, you all better wake up, they have moved into TX in a big way, and are heading your way fast. They want your job. THEY WANT YOUR COUNTRY. As far as I am concerned, the people who give them jobs are TRAITORS.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 04:21 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 1989 W201.029/M103 3.0
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage

We had these "Guardian Angels" weirdos start patrolling public transport and dangerous areas over here about 15 years ago. Dressed in camo pants and black t-shirts, they made the news and most were supposedly martial arts experts, the "concerned citizens" who decided the police and state legislations weren't doing enough.

They were total dickheads to meet. Mostly they just picked on kids.

In the same bucket as evangelism, vigilantism doesn't work. The reasons are obvious. Primarily they're unlawful by nature, which is a bit like a pedophile priest preaching god's love...

driving a fast car should feel like falling off a building.
post #23 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 3/31/2005 6:17 PM

That is the big thing that has changed, and that is why they are flooding in by the millions. The succession of Republican congress's have filled the laws on hiring these guys full of loopholes so the employer gets off scott-free for hiring them. The big companies have figured they can benefit too, and are now hiring them by the millions. I got really pissed about this the day I realized a company I was doing work for was hiring them to fill white collar jobs - it ain't just mowing your lawn, Mexico produces business grads just like every other country, and they are swimming the Rio Grande now too. The employers love them - what are they going to do, ask for a raise? Join a union? Complain to the feds about working conditions? People, you all better wake up, they have moved into TX in a big way, and are heading your way fast. They want your job. THEY WANT YOUR COUNTRY. As far as I am concerned, the people who give them jobs are TRAITORS.
You did report this company didn't you? or not?
Did all these mexicans just start moven here in the last 4yrs?
post #24 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 06:38 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
guage - 3/31/2005 5:51 PM

i think they well man staggard check points
at suspected cross ways set up drag lines on
dirt roads and do tracking. they won't be in the city
in the back of trucks looking around, unless of course the shuttle departs from there

City?? This looks across my back fence down into Mexico - this is exactly where they'll be camping out with instructions to make a lot of noise (at night it's so quiet that you can here normal talking for about 1/2 mile) and have big camp fires. It's very windy at this time of year and lots of wood to burn. My biggest worry is that they'll start a fire just 1/4 so. at the border and it could sweep over us before our little volunteer fire dept. gets the word
post #25 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 06:40 PM
BenzWorld Member

Garage

Quote:
Did all these mexicans just start moven here in the last 4yrs?
That's a bit like asking when the Africans turned black isn't it?
Answer: dude we're all tribal. You just noticed it in someone else is all. Don't be such a bigot.

I used to hang around with this Peruvian guy for a bit. Biggest hassle was his aunt was into "spiritual" crap and his mom was a fundamentalist Catholic. He became a successful drug dealer.
He could've also been a soccer player. Those were just the choices white bigotry left him, as ignorant as it is to itself.

I dunno, I reckon some people could use climbing a little out of the words on their politic stances a bit and figuring out what they actually represent.

Kirk, be interesting to hear what you actually know first hand, no offense. Outspoken is healthy, I think. Maybe you speak from experience, I'd just like to hear some of it.

post #26 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 06:54 PM
BenzWorld Member

I live in AZ also. They stand around on street corners, by the HUNDREDS here in Phoenix. They live twenty to a house or apartment, even sleeping in yards. What a mess! They also want free schooling for their children, and free medical services. There ought to be a stiff fine for hiring these illegals, then they would stop coming. Once caught, they are back two days later, and so on, and so on... They are a blight on this beautiful state.

"I have spent MOST of the money I have made in my life on expensive women, expensive cars, and expensive drugs. The rest I just wasted." S-KLASSE8, "Belief in the supernatural, reflects a failure in the imagination." - Edward Abbey "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes - 1979 (fully restored) 450SLC - 1989 (fully restored)420SEL - "S CLASS STYLE - S CLASS ATTITUDE"
post #27 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 07:17 PM
BenzWorld Member

Garage

Quote:
S-KLASSE8 - 4/2/2005 12:54 PM

I live in AZ also. They stand around on street corners, by the HUNDREDS here in Phoenix. They live twenty to a house or apartment, even sleeping in yards. What a mess! They also want free schooling for their children, and free medical services. There ought to be a stiff fine for hiring these illegals, then they would stop coming. Once caught, they are back two days later, and so on, and so on... They are a blight on this beautiful state.
If your state has become ugly, maybe you should do something to make it beautiful again.
But be careful what you legislate. You never know when you might end up not so lucky one day yourself...then you'd be stuck facing the same laws you'd like to clean "them" up with.

Sounds like the US has problems with illegal immigration. The only way you're going to get at it, without shooting yourselves in the foot is at the borders. Then continually reforming foreign policy as the needs dictate, etc.

Dunno if racism and sociological bigotry is really going to help though. Not with 300m population and no KGB or Politbearau.

post #28 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 07:30 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

No offense, but as a resident of one of the more xenophobic countries on the planet, you can't possibly understand the complexities involved in the illegal immigrant problem here in Arizona. Nor can you understand the consequences. We have selective enforcement issues, local government complicity, big business complicity, the list goes on. It's a complex local issue that most Americans can't begin to grasp.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #29 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 08:08 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Jun 2003
Vehicle: 2006 E500, 2013 S550 and a retired 88 SDL

I have a problem with illegal immigration only. Don't lump me in with the racists chorus here.

I understand that jobs and income are the first motivation and I respect that theae people are willing to work goddamned hard for the money. We need to legalize this labor force so they are not burdens to the system and contribute (taxes) to the education and medical they utilize. It would help if wealthy growers and private businesses would stop exploiting these people and lobby for some legislation.

I'm not gonna friggin pick lettuce why should I stop somebody who's willing to do it. I think most of the migrant would prefer to have residence in their home countries (where dollars go farther) and work seasonally in the US.

Europe is pretty easy to cross why not here too.

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."
post #30 of 114 (permalink) Old 03-31-2005, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
GermanStar - 3/31/2005 9:30 PM
We have selective enforcement issues, local government complicity, big business complicity, the list goes on. It's a complex local issue that most Americans can't begin to grasp.
Ron- sounds like you've tuned into "The Way it Works Around Here" channel -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in