Which talking head do you despise the most? - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Which talking head do you despise the most?
Bill O'reilly 15 65.22%
Tim Russet 1 4.35%
Wolfe Blitzer 5 21.74%
Whats-his-name Scarborough 1 4.35%
Sean Hannity 1 4.35%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 08:21 AM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Which talking head do you despise the most?

We don't get these gobshites on UK tv - I mean this kind of political commentary, no tthose particular individuals (never heard of 'em). I wonder why. The closest we have is the 'fake interview' where one hack in the studio asks another questions whilst the latter stands outside 10 Downing Street. It's been a long time since I heard a radical opinion on tv.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-05-2005, 09:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
jjl - 4/5/2005 10:21 AM

We don't get these gobshites on UK tv - I mean this kind of political commentary, no tthose particular individuals (never heard of 'em). I wonder why. The closest we have is the 'fake interview' where one hack in the studio asks another questions whilst the latter stands outside 10 Downing Street. It's been a long time since I heard a radical opinion on tv.
What you are missing is not worth the words spent decrying the loonies that get on the air. I don't know why these guys get their little panties all askew over a bunch of propagandists. Apparently the propagandists hit fairly close to the mark with their propaganda. Little piggies, all.

The whole lot belong wrapped in pita and covered in minced onions and garlic.

Have you seen the little piggies
Crawling in the dirt
And for all the little piggies
Life is getting worse
Always having dirt to play around in.

Have you seen the bigger piggies
In their starched white shirts
You will find the bigger piggies
Stirring up the dirt
Always have clean shirts to play around in.

In their styes with all their backing
They don't care what goes on around
In their eyes there's something lacking
What they need's a damn good whacking.

Everywhere there's lots of piggies
Living piggy lives
You can see them out for dinner
With their piggy wives
Clutching forks and knives to eat their bacon.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

O'Reilly denied calling the pope "senile" -- but he did

www.mediamatters.org

In response to a caller on his radio show, Fox News host Bill O'Reilly falsely claimed that he "never said the pope was senile." In fact, in 2002, O'Reilly called Pope John Paul II "too senile to know" about the damage Cardinal Bernard Law, former archbishop of the Boston Archdiocese, had caused by allegedly covering up incidents of sexual abuse of children by priests in the archdiocese.

O'Reilly blamed the caller's "propaganda" first on the conservative Catholic League for Religious and Civil Rights, then on Media Matters for America. To date, Media Matters has documented only one person calling the pope "senile" -- discredited Unfit for Command author Jerome R. Corsi.

From the April 8 broadcast of Westwood One's The Radio Factor with Bill O'Reilly:

[CALLER]: Thanks for takin' my call, Bill. Well, I think -- you know, you're doing a lot of really good work in terms of spirituality and protecting the young. But one of the things I had a question for you -- is about 12 to 18 months ago you were saying that the Pope was also autocratic and senile. And you didn't like him --

O'REILLY: And senile? Is that what you said?

[CALLER]: You did say that --

O'REILLY: No, I didn't.

[CALLER]: -- on some of your radio programs if you check the archives.

O'REILLY: Well, look, you're takin' the Catholic League -- you're taking their pronouncement, correct? Am I correct, [caller]?

[CALLER]: Now, I don't know anything about the Catholic League pronouncement.

O'REILLY: Whadda you takin' then, Media Matters?

[CALLER]: No, I'm not takin' that either.

O'REILLY: All right, well, you're takin' some kinda propaganda 'cause I never said the pope was senile. And you know, I criticized the pope when he shoulda been criticized, and that is for not being proactive enough in the pedophilia scandals here in the USA, and in failing to put off a cogent policy to fight terror. Now, I wrote a column -- this column's posted right now. And I have said that and been very consistent. I have not changed my mind. Now, you've got crazy left-wing nuts who distort what's said on this program every day.

And, they spit stuff out -- Catholic League picked it up. Attacked me this week. You know, the usual propaganda. So, you wanna buy into that, [caller], and live in that land, you go right ahead.

But anybody listening to me and watching The Factor knows I've been very consistent about the pope, and two areas I felt his pronouncements were wrong, and otherwise, I admired him as a very holy man who had a deep respect for life. And that's the truth of that matter.

From the December 12, 2002, edition of Fox News' The O'Reilly Factor, in a segment with Philip Moran, general counsel for the political advocacy group Catholic Alliance:

O'REILLY: Well, wait a minute. Hear me out. We all know, everybody knows -- even Law knows. Everybody but the pope, who's too senile to know, and I say that with all due respect. I don't think the pope is lucid, I don't think he knows what's going on, and I say that because Law's been in Rome for five days, has not seen the pope, has not even talked to the pope, and this is the worst scandal in a century --

MORAN: He's going to meet with him --

O'REILLY: -- in the Catholic Church, and the pontiff can't talk to you, and you're there for five days. There's something going wrong there. But, anyway, everyone knows, including Cardinal Law, that because of his actions as leader of the dioceses of Boston, children -- children -- hundreds of them -- were damaged for the rest of their life. Now everyone knows that. You can hide -- you can say the legalisms, tort, depositions, civil. Everybody knows that.

— R.S.K

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 08:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Can I change my original vote from Colmes to O'Reilly?

He is such a perp....

aborted Shop Forum member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in