LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 10:21 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: E320 Coupe
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
RE: BUSH CUTS FUNDING FOR WIC NUTRITION PROGRAM

# 1 she is not a vegetable; the constant misportrayal of Schivo in the media is disturbing. she can laugh, differentiate between people, is fully alert, and the "persistent vegetative state" was a diagnosis that was given years ago, and they now have new standards. just ask the nurses and doctors who have TAKEN CARE of her if THEY think she's a vegetable. more than a dozen doctors from all over the country, including one nominated for the Nobel Prize in medicine, have filed sworn affidavits saying she CAN get better and is NOT a "vegetable." most people aren't even aware of this.

is a vegetable able to laugh? respirator? no. pacemaker? no. life support? no. she's not on medical treatment--- is your fork medical treatment? she's just getting food and water through a tube. (because he's not allowed her to even get therapy to start swallowing on her own) (and another thing, she's not even allowed to go outside, per his instructions)! what kind of "guardianship" is that. guardianship requires a vested interest in the one you are in custody of. the husband's interests lie with the woman he is living with and the children that he has had with her, not with his wife.

BIG side note.... person at my office has a child who had some kind of throat problem. the problem? the throat didn't work--- milk would go into the kid's lungs. so, she had to have an operation to fix things so she could SWALLOW. the only thing with Schivo is she can't swallow food.

#2 religious does not = simple-minded. it takes more faith to believe that I came from a blob, then a fish, then a monkey, then to a man. if you repeat something over and over again-- and loud enough-- people will begin to believe it. tell little johnny since he starts going to school that hes stupid and guess what: he'll be stupid. tell kids this stuff from grade 1 on and guess what: they'll believe it.

evolutionists are so concerned about the theory that they don't want ANYHTINGelse taught alongside it in the classroom. why aren't the monkeys in the zoo standing up straight and shaving? because they're not MEN, nor will they ever turn into one. evolution was conceived in a time where people thought that if you had a pile of trash rats would be "born" from it.

every single "missing link" has been exposed as a fraud

do NOT listen to me, look it up for yourself. the data is there, put your eyes on it.

#3 someone mentioned that entitlement programs should be cut. I agree and disagree. the problem is that people are using these programs as ways to live, and not ways to learn. the point of feeding kids is to guess what, feed kids! not to have the mother pop out 4 more kids and get more money for each one till the day she dies... who is that helping? you're paying more taxes for all of this. she's not contributing to society. the kids? forget it. we don't need more kids with no sense of direction. what kind of care are they getting? work is not a curse to be avoided, it is a way to live.

#4 for comic relief, any flight that cost millions I want to know about--- I'd love to be the travel agent who got THAT commission! need to change careers ;^)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 10:29 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: E320 Coupe
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Zeitgeist - 3/24/2005 11:20 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 3/24/2005 7:20 PM

I'd like to see evrybody who wants to spend my money on their favorite charity first deplete their own largess that they would squander on watching big overpaid guys inject drugs, then pummel one another. After that, I might listen to them about supporting their choice of charity.
I'll bet you're paying for a fabulous WIC program in Iraq--apparently your charity knoweth no bounds...as long as those bounds are outside the bounds of these United States.

Doesn't anyone find it offensive that we even need a WIC program here in the wealthiest, most powerful nation the world has ever seen? Why can't, or won't we create a world-class society to match our world-dominating military? ...and who the f@#k spent my peace dividend?
the reason is because at the core people are selfish... we have our times of greatness, but if you distributed the wealth in america evenly in a matter of a few years it would be back where it was. the only thing that separates the rich and the poor is how they think. if the poor man starts to think like a rich man, he'll be rich. if a rich man starts to think like a poor one, he'll be poor. this problem will never be solved because at the core, when you boil everything down people are selfish. you don't haev to teach a 2 year old to be selfish, you have to teach him to share.

we're not teaching our 2 year olds.
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 11:06 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2002
Vehicle: ML430/ SL500 SA
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WIC has nothing to do with Women, Infants ,and Children.

It is all about six-figure government jobs for a few hundred, and tens of thousands of federal employees.

Guess who they all vote for?

I will give you a hint. It isn't the Republicans.

Please post a link to one story about one child who has starved to death in the US in the last 20 years.

.....I am still waiting.

Obesity is the number one health problem among the "poor".

Voting to take my money away to give to someone else makes you a thief, not a saint.

"I feel much better ever since I gave up hope."

1999 ML430 * Navigation System * 285/70 R17 All terrain T/As -33 inchers*ORC suspension lift kit* Side Step Rail Rock Sliders * Brush Guard * HELLA lamps * Front Skid Plate* All Weather Mats * All-Terrain Rear Seat Cover * Wet Okole Neoprene Front seat covers* All-Weather Rear Cargo Mat/Divider * Yakima LoadWarrior Rack * Roofmount Fullsize spare * Trailer Hitch * Rhino Hitch Step* Rhino Tail Light Guards* WARN 8000i Multi-Mount Winch* Go-Light Remote Motorized Spotlight * Moto-Jack Motorcycle Carrier

2002 SL500 Sliver Arrow w/limited edition James Bond briefcase
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 11:15 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2002
Vehicle: ML430/ SL500 SA

Quote:
LK ONE - 3/23/2005 11:37 PM
When is Congress going to have an emergency Sunday session to force feed the millions of children that go to bed hungry in our own country EVERY NIGHT?
Wow. The big dig has really whacked you guys out wicked hard.

The millions of children that go to bed hungry EVERY NIGHT?

Where are these kids? How did they get so fat?

What about the millions of children that are abducted by aliens every night?

What about the 50,000 children who are raped each minute, then starve to death right after they are discriminated against because of their race, gender, or sexual orientation? EVERY NIGHT? Especially the day of the Super Bowl.

Damn you, Bush. Damn you!

I have to get back to my booth on the Mass Pike, now.

"I feel much better ever since I gave up hope."

1999 ML430 * Navigation System * 285/70 R17 All terrain T/As -33 inchers*ORC suspension lift kit* Side Step Rail Rock Sliders * Brush Guard * HELLA lamps * Front Skid Plate* All Weather Mats * All-Terrain Rear Seat Cover * Wet Okole Neoprene Front seat covers* All-Weather Rear Cargo Mat/Divider * Yakima LoadWarrior Rack * Roofmount Fullsize spare * Trailer Hitch * Rhino Hitch Step* Rhino Tail Light Guards* WARN 8000i Multi-Mount Winch* Go-Light Remote Motorized Spotlight * Moto-Jack Motorcycle Carrier

2002 SL500 Sliver Arrow w/limited edition James Bond briefcase
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 11:30 PM
MTI
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350

Quote:
Benz4Dirt&Sky - 3/25/2005 1:06 AM

Please post a link to one story about one child who has starved to death in the US in the last 20 years.

.....I am still waiting.
Google this:
Faheem Williams

* In the US: Fewer than 1% of all children in the United States have chronic malnutrition.

Incidence of malnutrition is less than 10%, even in the highest risk group (children in homeless shelters).

Some studies indicate that poor growth secondary to inadequate nutrition occurs in as many as 10% of children in rural areas.

Studies of hospitalized children suggest that as many as one fourth of patients had some form of acute PEM and 27% had chronic PEM.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-24-2005, 11:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004

Finally, some voices of reason!
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 06:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
...Doesn't anyone find it offensive that we even need a WIC program here in the wealthiest, most powerful nation the world has ever seen? Why can't, or won't we create a world-class society to match our world-dominating military? ...and who the f@#k spent my peace dividend?
I don't believe we need one, either. So let's get rid of it.
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 08:02 AM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Botnst - 3/25/2005 5:29 AM

Quote:
...Doesn't anyone find it offensive that we even need a WIC program here in the wealthiest, most powerful nation the world has ever seen? Why can't, or won't we create a world-class society to match our world-dominating military? ...and who the f@#k spent my peace dividend?
I don't believe we need one, either. So let's get rid of it.
Ya, that misspent cash is denying some hungry kids in Afghanistan and Iraq a chance to lose their superfluous limbs to a cluster bomb or two. It's all about getting your priorities straight, ain't it? Spread the wealth I say, let them eat yellow-cake
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 08:43 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)

Me, me, me, me, me,

I, I, I, I, I,

Welfare Cheats Must Die,
Welfare Cheats Must Be Bombed,
Welfare Cheats Are Obese,
Welfare Cheats Ad Nauseum...

The lovely rant of the criminally conservative...

As if mankind isn't selfish enough without bragging about it.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-25-2005, 01:58 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
Shane - 3/25/2005 10:43 AM

Me, me, me, me, me,

I, I, I, I, I,

Welfare Cheats Must Die,
Welfare Cheats Must Be Bombed,
Welfare Cheats Are Obese,
Welfare Cheats Ad Nauseum...

The lovely rant of the criminally conservative...

As if mankind isn't selfish enough without bragging about it.
Oh paragon of selfless virtue, don't be modest.

Tell us all, what percent of your gross income did you claim as a charitable deduction on your 1040?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in