Worldwide anti-war protesters mobilize on huge scale, force change in policy: NOT! - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: Worldwide anti-war protesters mobilize on huge scale, force change in policy: NOT!

Shane - 3/21/2005 2:38 PM

Botnst - 3/19/2005 10:19 PM

Hundreds of people turned-out on worldwide day of protests.

PS The population of the planet is nearly 5 Bn.

Worldwide protests mark Iraq war
There is still widespread opposition to the Iraq war

Protests have been taking place across the world marking two years since the start of the war in Iraq.

Thousands turned out in Japan and Australia to complain about their countries' involvement in Iraq.

Protest marches took place around Europe and similar events occurred in cities across the US.

In a radio address, US President George W Bush defended the war, saying it took place "to disarm a brutal regime, free its people, and defend the world".

More than 4,500 people marched in Tokyo during a visit by US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

"The Self-Defence Force [Japan's military] should withdraw from Iraq immediately... and the occupation of Iraq should be stopped," said Ken Takada, a member of civic group World Peace Now.

Japan has about 550 troops in southern Iraq in a non-combat role.

In Canberra and other Australian cities, protesters marched against what they called the "coalition of the killing".

Australia recently announced the deployment of a further 450 soldiers to Iraq.

In Greece, unions and left-wing groups organised marches on the streets of Athens.

An organiser said 5,000 people took part, while police put the figure at 2,000.

"Bush, the number one terrorist," said leaflets being passed out to marchers.

One of the biggest marches of the day was in London. Organisers say 100,000 people took part, while police put the figure at 45,000.

Two former British soldiers left a cardboard coffin outside the US embassy, inscribed with the words: "100,000 dead".

"I think it's outrageous what Blair and Bush think they can get away with," said John Salway, 59.

While some said they wanted British and US forces to withdraw from Iraq, others disagreed.

"We got the Iraqis into this mess, we need to help them out of it," said Kit MacLean, 29.

The UK has about 8,000 troops in Iraq.

In Istanbul, Turkey, an estimated 15,000 people marched against the war, while in Stockholm, Sweden, about 300 people turned out to display their anger.

Thousands also took to the streets in several US cities. Some of them bore coffins draped with the country's flag.

But correspondents say the US demonstrations were far smaller than previous protests against the war.

"I think Bush's re-election took the steam out of the anti-war movement," said New York activist Michael Letwin.

Demonstrators also gathered in San Francisco, Chicago and other cities to hear anti-war speeches.

The US has around 150,000 troops in Iraq.
Feling a little more War-Headed than usual lately Bot? You know there are ways other than physical violence to get your way? Even in the big bad world out there you won't appear weak if you achieve an accord without a threat. Remember, for every movement there is an equivalent counter one to balance it. We learn this from nature. You know something about nature don't you? Haven't your plants shown you anything? Are you listening? Are you too wrapped up in your fear that you cannot see clearly.
Did you and that other guy have a nice protest in Dallas?
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 08:27 AM
BenzWorld Extremist
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1979 300SD, 1983 300D Mercedes
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 79-300SD
RE: Worldwide anti-war protesters mobilize on huge scale, force change in policy: NOT!

phaedrus_242 - 3/21/2005 4:51 PM

Look, VD, we get the point. DNC party proaganda. The root of all evil. And liberal colleges and their staff. And the media, especially fox, what with their left wing slant, fed straight from the DNC propaganda machine. I would be interested to see the statistics on your own posts. What percentage uses the phrase "DNC party propaganda"?

Now that we've gotten this point across, do you really need to keep repeating yourself? Go read a book that isn't by a right wing talk radio host. Try "East of Eden" by Steinbeck. Not even you can find a slant in that, right?
Thy taking your head out of the sand and look at the liberal propaganda machine for what it is......

or do all dems like to play ostrich....

Speed is a question of money. How fast do you want to go?

Proud Owner of a

1979 W116 300SD

1983 W123 300D

Come join us at
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-22-2005, 01:41 PM
BenzWorld Member
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '04 G35 Coupe 6MT
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok, Not a dem. A progressive thinker, yes. A fiscal conservative, definately. Believe the government should not dictate morality, right effing on (I think that makes me socially liberal). Against the war, for certain.

Man, I could even get behind some right wing ideology (especially formerly sound economic policies where some one has to write the check), it's just the aggravating name calling by a few uneducated hayseeds regurgitating whatever Rush/Hannity/Savage has to say that kind of turns me off. And wait, as a pre-emptive strike (you like those, right?) to your next attack (notice I didn't say point), I don't really appreciate it when the other side does it either.

Now, you got any facts for me yet?

'06 E350

'04 Infinity G35 6MT (Traded 4/06)

'97 C 230 (Traded 12/04)

'02 CLK 55 (RIP 8/04)
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: