Vehicle: 2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Israel plans strike on Iranian nuclear plant

Quote:
84300DTurbo - 3/14/2005 8:20 AM

remember 1981...

http://www.alisrael.com/tamuz/
I was in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia when that happened. I remember they were paying kids and people to hold signs to protest America and Israel. My brothers and I were laughing so hard, because we got paid to hold signs on TV. The majority of the Arabs did not care about Israel bombing Iraq.

I wish some of you would live in the Middle East and just get an idea of what is going on. They have a little group that hate Americans and a big group that loves Americans.

2002 SLK320
2004 SL500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 10:04 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: '85 300TD

You can bet that the US and UK and several other countries have plans drawn up as well.

Why does Israel deserve uncritical american support? http://www.wrmea.com/html/us_aid_to_israel.htm

Our international presence is like Lucky the Leprechaun, guarding carefully that which he's simultaneously selling in every corner store. "They're always after me lucky charms!"

The world is only safe when we, the chosen intellectual elite have and threaten to use nuclear force. If anyone else so much as hints to the same, watch out! What a policy.

'85 300TD Pastel Beige
361,500 miles and counting
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-14-2005, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

It certainly is a very complicated topic with a lot of featured players. I can't help but wonder how this type of strong-arm posturing on the part of Israel right now might impact the current situation in Lebanon. I agree that Israel has every right to assure its survival, but I also think a 'cooler heads' approach might be more productive in regard to the removal of Syrian influence in Lebanon. And lets not forget that the Muslim world sees no important distinction between Israel and the U.S.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 05:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 3/15/2005 12:05 AM
...And lets not forget that the Muslim world sees no important distinction between Israel and the U.S.
Just as we westerners see no distinctions among the "Muslim World"? Or are only muslims so myopic?
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 08:12 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2003
Vehicle: 300d, 409d

Let me see if I have this straight. Iran is an evil nation unfit to own nuclear weapons which it can use defensively or offensively like all the other nations that have them. But, Pakistan, that bastion of freedom and light, unsullied by Muslim extremism is worthy enough of their nuclear weapons that we wont bring the subject up at least as long as their dictator is willing to go along with Bush's project of democracy.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

That's why the issue is Israel's and not our's... [;)]

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 09:07 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: Runs

Iran has more oil than they can possibly ever burn. It can be viewed as an unlimited supply of energy. What in the world do they want with nuclear power? Ummm. Duhh. I know.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 12:30 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2004

Quote:
kerry edwards - 3/15/2005 3:12 PM

Let me see if I have this straight. Iran is an evil nation unfit to own nuclear weapons which it can use defensively or offensively like all the other nations that have them. But, Pakistan, that bastion of freedom and light, unsullied by Muslim extremism is worthy enough of their nuclear weapons that we wont bring the subject up at least as long as their dictator is willing to go along with Bush's project of democracy.
I am from - and live - in Pakistan and I gotta tell you, you're spot on. It seems my country was spared only because Musharaf was willing to become one of Dubbyas terriers.

If there are gonna be rules they should be the same for everyone. What was it that Orwel said about all animals being created equal?[;)]
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 06:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
LK ONE - 3/14/2005 11:49 PM

Finally an intelligent and interesting topic. I am in complete agreement with Kirk. Any country that openly and dogmatically advocates the annihilation of Isreal and is pursuing nuclear power has already used up any plausible deniability that their intentions are peaceful. Oops, sorry Iran, maybe next time you'll keep your mouth shut about your intentions in advance.
Makes you wonder what "intelligence" Botnst is looking for, doesn't it? Their nuclear program sticks out like a sore thumb. Pakistan, our other "pal" admits to giving them the recipe for making a bomb. The 911 commission clearly documented Iranian secret service involvement with the hijackers, and the country is run by a bunch of murderous religious nuts. What else do you need Botnst, a brick from the reactor falling on your head?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 06:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 3/15/2005 12:05 AM

It certainly is a very complicated topic with a lot of featured players. I can't help but wonder how this type of strong-arm posturing on the part of Israel right now might impact the current situation in Lebanon. I agree that Israel has every right to assure its survival, but I also think a 'cooler heads' approach might be more productive in regard to the removal of Syrian influence in Lebanon. And lets not forget that the Muslim world sees no important distinction between Israel and the U.S.
Personally, I don't see what the big deal is with Lebanon. The country is the size of a postage stamp. It has no strategic value, other than as a staging area for attacks on Israel, a problem that seems to have been solved with Israel's truce with Hezbollah and Syria. Syria, for all the bashing it takes, seems to have ended one of the murderous civil wars of the century by occupying the place, and without some international force to replace them, I think the place is going to go back to being the same nut house it has always been, simply because the populace is for the most part composed of various armed gangs. It's future is the same as Iraq's - a country run by various mafia organizations, with those that can cater to the Western corporations coming out on top while the radicals blow up the place. The US has essentially destroyed the UN as a viable organization, and now the world must pay the price - if we are not there to guarantee an "election", no one else is around to do tht job anymore, meaning one thing - violence, violence no matter what the Israeli status is. One must consider how the Israelis view an unstable Lebanon where the largest organized politcal force, after the Syrian withdrawal, will be Hezbollah. Why should the Iranians nuke Israel when they can just smuggle the parts into Lebanon and let the crazies do it (coming soon to an Iraq near you)?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in