Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
I worship Entropy!

Quote:
kvining - 3/11/2005 6:49 AM

Quote:
shrimpton - 3/11/2005 2:04 AM

Shane ... please go to Texas! Not sure what your problem is, so I'll ask a contextual question to my post and your subsequent response - are you a faggot?
There is nothing I hate worse than a snivling little small minded bigot. Fuck you, you stupid asshole.
In this case, tho, I see an opportunity to increase the degree of organization in the universe. Faggots and assholes should unite, for evident mutual benefits!

Personal observation seems to indicate that the proportion of faggots and assholes to the general population is substantially similar, anywhere in the world. Localalized variations are myths (Greece comes to mind)!

“I feel so miserable without you; it’s almost like having you here.”
-- Stephen Bishop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 08:27 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: Do you want the USA to police the world?

Quote:
Botnst - 3/10/2005 5:29 PM

Must be passing strange to ignore facts, truth, and reality with a tenaciously embrace of fantasy.
These might seem incongruent at first glance, but I've seen substantial evidence that Bot-ulism can lead to Iraqnophobia.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #33 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
kvining - 3/11/2005 6:49 AM

Quote:
shrimpton - 3/11/2005 2:04 AM

Shane ... please go to Texas! Not sure what your problem is, so I'll ask a contextual question to my post and your subsequent response - are you a faggot?
There is nothing I hate worse than a snivling little small minded bigot. Fuck you, you stupid asshole.
And on a more tender note... I am a fourth generation Texan, sixth generation american, and I live where I was born right here in Big D. And if you would come to my fair state I would love to show you our shooting ranges. They are world class, for world class assholes like you. I bet I could nail your ass from a quarter mile away, and as an added bonus your head would look good, stuffed on my wall in the library room.
Then, if you survive, which is unlikely, all my faggot friends could then do with you what they will. Hint: You could see their gun collections! They think a gatlin gun makes a nice breakfast room conversation piece, and they love going to South Africa for safaris!
Oh you'll just have a gay ol' time if you come to Dallas!

Welcome!
post #34 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 02:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 3/11/2005 10:27 AM

Quote:

Must be passing strange to ignore facts, truth, and reality with a tenaciously embrace of fantasy.
These might seem incongruent at first glance, but I've seen substantial evidence that Bot-ulism can lead to Iraqnophobia.
You're such a cutey when you're pissed.
post #35 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 05:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Shane - now I see your problem. Being a redneck texan faggot with cowboy hunting fantasies sure puts you up there in the "interesting" league. Perhaps you just need a good spanking eh?.
Kvining - feel better now? -keep taking the pills.
post #36 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 05:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 3/11/2005 4:07 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Actually guys, I have summed up Bot's position before and will risk his wrath again by summing it up once again. Bot believes oil is worth any risk. Controlling Iraqi oil was his goal, and he could give a shit less if the invasion was sold on WMD when it was known there was no case for them, and if we didn't invade quickly the UN inspectors were going to prove it. The ends justified the means. And, Bot is not real clear on how US government control of Iraqi oil is good for us, he is just sure it is better than if Saddam was controlling it. So, killing and maiming thousands of American kids, while doing the same to tens of thousands of Iraqis, and spending us into near bankruptcy while using fear tactics to restrain our Constitutional Rights and fundamental American Freedoms is all fine. An investment of red American blood for black Iraqi crude oil that will somehow help you and me. I have read most of his points and posts and that about sums it up. Jim
post #37 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

...you forgot the part whereby the US is so special, so exceptional, that even when we do wrong, it really was the right thing to do--always.
post #38 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 07:26 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
JimSmith - 3/11/2005 7:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Actually guys, I have summed up Bot's position before and will risk his wrath again by summing it up once again. Bot believes oil is worth any risk. Controlling Iraqi oil was his goal, and he could give a shit less if the invasion was sold on WMD when it was known there was no case for them, and if we didn't invade quickly the UN inspectors were going to prove it. The ends justified the means. And, Bot is not real clear on how US government control of Iraqi oil is good for us, he is just sure it is better than if Saddam was controlling it. So, killing and maiming thousands of American kids, while doing the same to tens of thousands of Iraqis, and spending us into near bankruptcy while using fear tactics to restrain our Constitutional Rights and fundamental American Freedoms is all fine. An investment of red American blood for black Iraqi crude oil that will somehow help you and me. I have read most of his points and posts and that about sums it up. Jim
You did okay until you assert that I think the USA should control Iraqi oil. I NEVER said the USA should control Iraqi or any other middleastern oil or any other oil anywhere outside of our territory. I said we were right and it was a good, just and noble action to take to depose that mad bastard and his murderous sons and their depraved regime. The Baathists had continually called for controlling the world through oil pricing and had invaded two countries in furtherance of that goal. Good riddance. I'm glad it got done and I'm proud that we had a hand in it. A secondary goal was removing WMD and thirdly, to midwife a change from despotism to democracy in the middleast. Fourthly, to stop the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis by the Baathist bastards. The first goal has been achieved, the second was unnecessary, and the third is underway and may actually succeed. The fourth is attenuated but they are still bombing their own people. My position has been clear since 1991. It is the same now.

The rest of your "analysis" continues on the false trajectory that you injected early-on.

Rather than following your lead in which I present and equally a sloppy synopsis of your argument, why not enlighten us yourself, with your own strategy for dealing with Saddam, 1992 to the present. If at all possible, differentiate it from the French approach.
post #39 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 08:49 AM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
coup de grace?

...ooh Jim, he sez you're like the French--how will you ever recover from that witty repartee?
post #40 of 107 (permalink) Old 03-12-2005, 08:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 3/12/2005 9:26 AM

Quote:
JimSmith - 3/11/2005 7:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You did okay until you assert that I think the USA should control Iraqi oil. I NEVER said the USA should control Iraqi or any other middleastern oil or any other oil anywhere outside of our territory. I said we were right and it was a good, just and noble action to take to depose that mad bastard and his murderous sons and their depraved regime. The Baathists had continually called for controlling the world through oil pricing and had invaded two countries in furtherance of that goal. Good riddance. I'm glad it got done and I'm proud that we had a hand in it. A secondary goal was removing WMD and thirdly, to midwife a change from despotism to democracy in the middleast. Fourthly, to stop the slaughter of hundreds of thousands of Iraqis by the Baathist bastards. The first goal has been achieved, the second was unnecessary, and the third is underway and may actually succeed. The fourth is attenuated but they are still bombing their own people. My position has been clear since 1991. It is the same now.

The rest of your "analysis" continues on the false trajectory that you injected early-on.

Rather than following your lead in which I present and equally a sloppy synopsis of your argument, why not enlighten us yourself, with your own strategy for dealing with Saddam, 1992 to the present. If at all possible, differentiate it from the French approach.
1992 and 2003 were two entirely different sets of circumstances. In 1992 Saddam was not the skeleton of a political influence and military capability he was in 2003. I would have supported an effort to end his political career with the first Gulf War. But we didn't.

In 2003 Saddam presented no special threat to us. Osamma Bin Laden was the head of the organization threatening us, and his is the organization that still lights the particular security threat color lights today. Osamma should be the target of our billions of dollars. Saddam was relatively meaningless. The UN inspectors and sanctions had Saddam hog tied while our enforcement of "no-fly" zones had him under the tightest possible surveillance. If he had WMD, which I believed he did from the pronouncements by the President, we surely would know. If he didn't, I think we also would surely have known. He didn't and we were lied to by the President.

Iraqi oil was for sale like any other oil from the region. If we wanted it we could have bought it. There was no need to invade Iraq for their oil.

I supported the Congressional Resolutions that made clear we were not in the regime building business. There were specific resolutions passed that made it plain that we were going support an uprising against Saddam but only with out of country training, weapons supplies and other humanitarian support. No American soldiers were allowed by these resolutions to invade Iraq, until the last one, which allowed the invasion as a last resort to protect us against an imminent WMD threat from Saddam. It clearly stated regime change, specifically prohibited by the earlier resolutions, was not grounds for invading.

Unlike you, I am not convinced our way is the only way. I do not believe there is some DNA encoded directive that humans must live in our brand of freedom. I do not think it is our business to preach our way of life to the world. I think we would be better off making our form of government better for us, and ensuring our way of life here, in our country survives the challenges for economic and military superiority from India and China and the likes for the next century or more, while our domestic issues with race, class, gender and religion are addressed to bring the best of our potential to reality for Americans, first. We like our freedoms, and we put them at risk with $60 billion per month trade imbalances and half trillion dollar annual deficts.

It was imperative to respond to 9-11 and get Osamma. It was not imperative to invade Iraq. We are weaker for having attacked Iraq. And we are becoming weaker in the world's economy by every measure. Saddam doesn't even appear on the first thousand items on my list of national priorities, and hasn't since we let him live after the first Gulf War. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in