Date registered: Jan 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: minimum wage

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 3/12/2005 6:08 PM

Quote:
Shane - 3/9/2005 3:08 PM

The mega rich need to be brought down to size in this country. In a slow, peaceful way. Let the masses slowly sneak their wealth away as the rich have always slowly stripped away the poor's opportunity at monetary advancement.
Try it Shane. The rich didn't get rich by holding each others privates and siinging Kumbahya.

this is not to say that the rich don't hold each other's privates.........[:D]

aborted Shop Forum member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 12:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 2004 SL500 2002 SLK320

I was poor once. My mother did not speak English. But I work hard and am proud of where I am today. I remember the days when I made $3.75 flipping burgers, now I am paying $4.50 for a burger. I even sweep the floor of chemical plants for $5.00 an hour.

Minimum wage is just a starting wage for low-end jobs. It was never design for you to afford a Mercedes. If folks do not like being paid the minimum wage, they need to do something about it, like I did. Go to night school, find a trade, or go to college. They need to realize that getting rich does not happen in one day. It took me many years to get to where I am today, by taking one day or step at a time.

Most Jews and most Asian people have a belief to work for the next generation. They will work hard and save so the next generation and so on will have more wealth than the pervious generation. I see a lot of Americans live beyond their means to be like the Jones and only think of themselves now.

One thing that I noticed about a lot of people is that they want it now with no effort or work.

2002 SLK320
2004 SL500
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 01:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
(Thread Starter)

Perfectly said, Tiggerfink.

I have an Asian friend who works 7 days a week, very long hours in his restaurant. He has 4 children. 3 of them are in college. 1 is becoming a doctor and 2 are attending MIT as engineering students. They are twins. The 4th child is still in high school, but is very business oriented. She wants to run the restaurant. Hard work is the way to get ahead.
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 09:42 AM
BenzWorld Elite

I prefer to relax and let others make up the difference. The rich can afford it. They don't need all of that wealth. They earned it off the backs of shmedriks like me any way. It's only fair. We are all equal so we should all have equal amounts.

I suspect Shane has more wealth than I do. After all, he owns a Mercedes. I've been reduced to coveting Mrs. Azimuth's. I think Shane is comparatively wealthy and should float me several hundred dollars a month. Which I will quickly spend on products which are grown, harvested and smuggled into the US for my pleasure.

post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 01:33 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005

Quote:
azimuth - 3/13/2005 11:42 AM

I prefer to relax and let others make up the difference. The rich can afford it. They don't need all of that wealth. They earned it off the backs of shmedriks like me any way. It's only fair. We are all equal so we should all have equal amounts.

I suspect Shane has more wealth than I do. After all, he owns a Mercedes. I've been reduced to coveting Mrs. Azimuth's. I think Shane is comparatively wealthy and should float me several hundred dollars a month. Which I will quickly spend on products which are grown, harvested and smuggled into the US for my pleasure.
Doesn't watching Jerry Springer and relaxing all day get boring? I bet your mom yells at you all the time. [:0]

"I have spent MOST of the money I have made in my life on expensive women, expensive cars, and expensive drugs. The rest I just wasted." S-KLASSE8, "Belief in the supernatural, reflects a failure in the imagination." - Edward Abbey "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes - 1979 (fully restored) 450SLC - 1989 (fully restored)420SEL - "S CLASS STYLE - S CLASS ATTITUDE"
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 02:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
S-KLASSE8 - 3/13/2005 3:33 PM

Quote:

Doesn't watching Jerry Springer and relaxing all day get boring? I bet your mom yells at you all the time. [:0]
I just suck on a 40oz and ingnore the ho....
[8D]

post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 03-13-2005, 08:41 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005

Quote:
azimuth - 3/13/2005 4:02 PM

Quote:
S-KLASSE8 - 3/13/2005 3:33 PM

Quote:

I just suck on a 40oz and ingnore the ho....
[8D]
Me too... Pack the bowl, and hand me the lighter [:D]

"I have spent MOST of the money I have made in my life on expensive women, expensive cars, and expensive drugs. The rest I just wasted." S-KLASSE8, "Belief in the supernatural, reflects a failure in the imagination." - Edward Abbey "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes - 1979 (fully restored) 450SLC - 1989 (fully restored)420SEL - "S CLASS STYLE - S CLASS ATTITUDE"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in