Are you confused about Iraq? Chances are? YES! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Are you confused about Iraq? Chances are? YES!

Are you confused about the war in Iraq? I would bet, that most of you are... Read this, and understand. http://www.usnews.com/usnews/news/iraq/articles/opinion030318.htm http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/050307/opinion/7barone.htm

"I have spent MOST of the money I have made in my life on expensive women, expensive cars, and expensive drugs. The rest I just wasted." S-KLASSE8, "Belief in the supernatural, reflects a failure in the imagination." - Edward Abbey "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes - 1979 (fully restored) 450SLC - 1989 (fully restored)420SEL - "S CLASS STYLE - S CLASS ATTITUDE"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 03:18 PM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL
RE: Are you confused about Iraq? Chances are? YES!

Edumacation the easy way. Beats thinkin'.
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

If you learn from experts you become educated. THEN, you may be able to form an EDUCATED opinion of your own. Or in your cases, just say something stupid. Stick to the thread topic if you can...

"I have spent MOST of the money I have made in my life on expensive women, expensive cars, and expensive drugs. The rest I just wasted." S-KLASSE8, "Belief in the supernatural, reflects a failure in the imagination." - Edward Abbey "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes - 1979 (fully restored) 450SLC - 1989 (fully restored)420SEL - "S CLASS STYLE - S CLASS ATTITUDE"
post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 03:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

So are you saying the ends justify the means? If lawless behavior results in a stable boot-licking government, it's all good?

OBK #35

post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
old300D - 3/4/2005 5:48 PM

So are you saying the ends justify the means? If lawless behavior results in a stable boot-licking government, it's all good?
It was a case of worse or worser. Less death vs more death. Stable government=less death. Saddam still in power=much more death. [xx(]

post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 04:11 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: '04 G35 Coupe 6MT

So an editorial from an already biased news source will educate me...

Damn my liberal college professors for failing at the task so miserably. I'm going to go yell at some of my employees.

'06 E350

'04 Infinity G35 6MT (Traded 4/06)

'97 C 230 (Traded 12/04)

'02 CLK 55 (RIP 8/04)
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 04:13 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)

Lets see,

We are paying BILLIONS to ensure cheap oil in Iraq! Oh wait oil is going to $60.00 a gallon!

We freed the Iraqis!
Oh wait we keep killing them!

We got rid of WMD's!
Oh wait there weren't any!

Our young service men get to die a horrible death!
Oh wait that sucks big time!

What is good about this POS war again???
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 04:16 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Vehicle: 1984 300SD 1986 300SDL 1989 300SE 1998 740iL
Quoted: 59 Post(s)

Quote:
Shane - 3/4/2005 6:13 PM

Lets see,

We are paying BILLIONS to ensure cheap oil in Iraq! Oh wait oil is going to $60.00 a gallon!

We freed the Iraqis!
Oh wait we keep killing them!

We got rid of WMD's!
Oh wait there weren't any!

Our young service men get to die a horrible death!
Oh wait that sucks big time!

What is good about this POS war again???
We are spreading democracy and we are killing the terrorists. I thought you already knew that, Shane.
You've certainly been told that enough times by you know who. When I watch him say it for the 49th time, he still looks like a man trying to convince himself.

Brian Carlton
1984 300 SD
1986 300 SDL
1987 300 SDL
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 06:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Am I confused about Iraq? Nope. Since the errors of the 1990's have been addressed, things are going better than I could have hoped. In 2003 I predicted, though teh cause was just, that we would fail because the Iraqi people were (I then believed) incapable of self-government. Few times in my life have I been so relieved to have been proven time-and-again, so wrong.

Is it a 'done deal'? Heck now! There is still an awful lot of hard work, pain, and loss that will be borne mostly by the Iraqi people and then by us. Even then, democracy is never a guarantee. It is always a hope or dream but never a certainty. But the people of Iraq have embraced it beyond my expectation. If they continue down this path, they may just pull this off.

We (mostly the USA but certainly Britain, Poland, Australia, Italy and others) will pay a huge price for teh freedom of others.

What better cause for risk and sacrifice is there than the advancement of liberty?
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-04-2005, 07:05 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
Botnst - 3/4/2005 8:56 PM

Am I confused about Iraq? Nope. Since the errors of the 1990's have been addressed, things are going better than I could have hoped. In 2003 I predicted, though teh cause was just, that we would fail because the Iraqi people were (I then believed) incapable of self-government. Few times in my life have I been so relieved to have been proven time-and-again, so wrong.

Is it a 'done deal'? Heck now! There is still an awful lot of hard work, pain, and loss that will be borne mostly by the Iraqi people and then by us. Even then, democracy is never a guarantee. It is always a hope or dream but never a certainty. But the people of Iraq have embraced it beyond my expectation. If they continue down this path, they may just pull this off.

We (mostly the USA but certainly Britain, Poland, Australia, Italy and others) will pay a huge price for teh freedom of others.

What better cause for risk and sacrifice is there than the advancement of liberty?
Let freedom reighn

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in