BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
RE: The US is not a Christian Nation.

Quote:
S-KLASSE8 - 2/28/2005 9:24 PM

KVINE - As usual, your arguments are circular. One false presumption, trying to support the next. I am a "process engineer", and an expert in research methodology. You have to do thorough research to come to a CONCLUSIVE answer. I read all your very long, cut and pastes. Seems you stopped researching when you got the answer you expected, instead of researching exhaustively, and confirming all of the data for reliability, then compiling, to eliminate unsubstantiated hypothoses. A fact based conclusion that was CONFIRMED through multiple, reliable sources is the result of real research. Get a degree! You're not fooling anyone with your ranting and raving. Read this, and learn. This is the result of true research.
You're a fake.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 08:01 AM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: '04 G35 Coupe 6MT
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 3/1/2005 7:26 AM

You're a fake.
And quite annoying.[:o)]

'06 E350

'04 Infinity G35 6MT (Traded 4/06)

'97 C 230 (Traded 12/04)

'02 CLK 55 (RIP 8/04)
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 08:23 AM
BenzWorld Member

The article that Kerry points to seems to be picking at technicalities that don’t much matter in day to day fact. Language or the meaning of terms is kind of a fashion that changes character over time. Christianity has a more rigid conservative connotation for most people than it had thirty-five years ago. As long as Xmas and Easter are the major religious holidays I think you must say that the US is a Christian nation – just as a practical thing.
Is it true that when the Declaration of Independence was signed that black slaves were the majority of the people living in what is now the US? I suppose native Indians were actually the majority, but I heard this briefly mentioned somewhere.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 11:12 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005

Quote:
phaedrus_242 - 3/1/2005 10:01 AM

Quote:

You're a fake.
You both sound quite educated. kvine is somewhat of a minor celebrity where I work. My cohorts ask me,"What has the vine written today?" Because of your idiotic, highly emotionally charged outbursts. We laugh untill our sides hurt. Keep up the good work, many people are depending on your liberal comedy relief. [:D][:D]

"I have spent MOST of the money I have made in my life on expensive women, expensive cars, and expensive drugs. The rest I just wasted." S-KLASSE8, "Belief in the supernatural, reflects a failure in the imagination." - Edward Abbey "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes - 1979 (fully restored) 450SLC - 1989 (fully restored)420SEL - "S CLASS STYLE - S CLASS ATTITUDE"
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 12:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
crash9 - 3/1/2005 10:23 AM

The article that Kerry points to seems to be picking at technicalities that don’t much matter in day to day fact. Language or the meaning of terms is kind of a fashion that changes character over time. Christianity has a more rigid conservative connotation for most people than it had thirty-five years ago. As long as Xmas and Easter are the major religious holidays I think you must say that the US is a Christian nation – just as a practical thing.
Is it true that when the Declaration of Independence was signed that black slaves were the majority of the people living in what is now the US? I suppose native Indians were actually the majority, but I heard this briefly mentioned somewhere.
Feel free to look this up, but I believe black slaves were a majority in colonial times only in the tobacco and sugar states (cotton was not a major crop at that time) of Mississippi and Louisiana, and perhaps Georgia and Alabama as well. The main reason for this was disease - blacks had resistance to tropical diseases that ravaged these areas, and no whites wanted to settle in areas that were then considered no better than Devil's Island. In any case, the populations were large enough in the South that Southerners stuck the "three fifths of a man" thing in for assigning seats in Congress.

I agree with your assesment that the US is a Christian Nation in terms of culture, but this term now has a political meaning as well - that the actual governmental system of the United States was designed to be some kind of Christian artifact. There is deep Nazi-style thinking behind this, in fact all the current active Neo-Nazi movements in the US adopt the "Christian Nation" hogwash. It insinuates a government for by and of Christians, and they posture themselves as some kind of benevolents that will treat non-Christians equally as they legislate from their crucifix-adorned halls of Justice and their tent-revival Congressional caucuses. They claim US law has its foundations in the 10 Commandments, more historical hogwash. What they really are advocating is removal of the 14th Amendment - that we are all equal before the law.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 12:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
S-KLASSE8 - 3/1/2005 1:12 PM

Quote:
phaedrus_242 - 3/1/2005 10:01 AM

Quote:

You're a fake.
You both sound quite educated. kvine is somewhat of a minor celebrity where I work. My cohorts ask me,"What has the vine written today?" Because of your idiotic, highly emotionally charged outbursts. We laugh untill our sides hurt. Keep up the good work, many people are depending on your liberal comedy relief. [:D][:D]
That's cool man - we're all getting a good laugh out of the "grad student" over here as well. Don't laugh too hard, you might burn yourself on the french fries.

post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 12:35 PM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL

Let's see what we're dealing with here - reverse web cam, hold still...gotcha.

As I suspected - a typical 'Process Engineer'.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 12:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Here's his process:

post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 12:45 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)

Hey SKLASSLESS!

Bush also has a grad. degree, as do most of the cronies in his admin. With this in mind you can see it does not guarantee an educated mind. When people are children they scream constantly "that is mine!" and are inherently selfish. Then they grow up. So what is Bush's, et al, excuse? Yours?
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 12:52 PM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL

Shane, you got the wrong guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in