Vehicle: 1984 300SD 1986 300SDL 1989 300SE 1998 740iL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
RE: Bush, the Dope Head

Quote:
kvining - 2/24/2005 7:46 AM

Quote:
Brian Carlton - 2/21/2005 11:45 PM

If I'm not mistaken, he drank rather heavily until he was nearly 40 years old. At that point, with his wife ready to leave him, he turned his life around and went into politics. He became governor of Texas eight years later.
There are actually two different stories told by Bush, and he picks them according to his audience when he tells them. This is the kind of documented dishonesty of this creep that amazes me in that he gets a free pass from the press. In the South when he speaks to his hayseed rube base, he claims an itinerant Baptist preacher "saved" him in a miraculous tent conversion. In the North, when he talks to crowds not into the Bible thump crap, he tells of a walk with Billy Graham on the beach, we gets him to see the effect he is having on his dear sainted mother. I think they are both bullshit, stories concocted by Rove - in fact they all started being told by Bush when Rove arrived on the scene and realized he had a politcal goldmine on his hands - concocted as a way to minimize the damage of any future revelations about Bush and as a way to rehabilatate his reputation. I think Bush has never dealt with his addictions, and all this conversion talk is total BS. As far as his wife goes, Kitty Kelly says in her tell-all book on the Bushes, that she's a doper too.
I firmly agree that they are both bullshit stories. The genius of the operation, Karl Rove, gets the shrub to say the precise words that will unite the base when speaking with the conservative south. They will forgive him for abuse of alcohol due to the fact that he is repentant.

The speeches in the north, where there is a bit more clarity and analysis done is more difficult. I am still not quite sure how Rove got the votes in states such as Iowa, Ohio, and Indiana. The whole deal of appealing to Christian beliefs with repentance and forgiveness absolutely stuns me with its success in the north. I still have to tip my hat to Rove. The man is an absolute genius. Got a shrub elected, TWICE!!!!!

Brian Carlton
1984 300 SD
1986 300 SDL
1987 300 SDL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 12:53 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

One thing to abuse alcohol and smoke pot, admit to it, and get help as Bush did. No ones perfect. But to continually LIE about your behavior, like sack-o-shit Clinton did, showed a much more disturbing mentality. Lie about EVERYTHING even when you get caught red handed, then lie some more. Lying to the Grand Jury got him impeached(remember?). Lying about Monica. Lying about inhaling pot(saying you didn't ihale it, made him look more idiotic, than just admitting to it). As a compulsive lier, most people didn't believe the rest of the shit he said. Why would you?[?]

"I have spent MOST of the money I have made in my life on expensive women, expensive cars, and expensive drugs. The rest I just wasted." S-KLASSE8, "Belief in the supernatural, reflects a failure in the imagination." - Edward Abbey "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes - 1979 (fully restored) 450SLC - 1989 (fully restored)420SEL - "S CLASS STYLE - S CLASS ATTITUDE"
post #33 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 01:21 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

True, but Clinton should be held to a different standard. He was widely known as a liar and a womanizer before he took office. Anyone who expected that pattern to change was deluding him/herself. Frankly, I believe Bush would have never attained office had it not been for Clinton's personal failings.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #34 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 01:31 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Vehicle: 1984 300SD 1986 300SDL 1989 300SE 1998 740iL
Quoted: 59 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 2/24/2005 3:21 PM

Frankly, I believe Bush would have never attained office had it not been for Clinton's personal failings.
In discussing Bush with various conservative people who live in the south, their position was that they would vote for anyone other than the Democrats after what they just exhibited with Clinton. Just like we feel "anybody but Bush", they felt the same way when the shrub was running.

In retrospect, Kerry didn't offer them anything substantive to allow them to jump ship. Being a strong liberal didn't help him any.

Brian Carlton
1984 300 SD
1986 300 SDL
1987 300 SDL
post #35 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2005, 03:45 AM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1980 280e

Quote:
quote:
S-KLASSE8 - 2/24/2005 11:53 AM

One thing to abuse alcohol and smoke pot, admit to it, and get help as Bush did. No ones perfect. But to continually LIE about your behavior, like sack-o-shit Clinton did, showed a much more disturbing mentality. Lie about EVERYTHING even when you get caught red handed, then lie some more. Lying to the Grand Jury got him impeached(remember?). Lying about Monica. Lying about inhaling pot(saying you didn't ihale it, made him look more idiotic, than just admitting to it). As a compulsive lier, most people didn't believe the rest of the shit he said. Why would you?

I think your a dry alcoholic and drug addict after you've gotten help and haven't used any for many years, once a doper or alcoholic always a doper or alcoholic, now his kids and his brothers kids are on the same track woo hoo!
As far as Clinton is concerned there is no evidence that he even tried marijuana let alone inhaled, imo I think he was lieing about even trying marijuana, which is of course normal for a politician, every politician is a pathological liar imo, but a dry alcoholic + dry drug addict + politician = a problem. (My math is very simple because most conservatives barely made it thru highschool...."The more education you have the more likely you will be a Democrat" or so the saying goes...flame on)
post #36 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2005, 06:00 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
Frankly, I believe Bush would have never attained office had it not been for Clinton's personal failings.
So does every other American.[:0]

I'm curious why Kirk calls Bush a dope head while I'm sure he's has consumed more weed and drink than Bush and call him a dope head?

You guys are just a bunch of hypocrites plain and simple. I never blamed Clinton for weed use, I laughed at the I didn't inhale remark, I do belive that marital infidelity is a serious character flaw however.

post #37 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2005, 12:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
Howitzer - 2/26/2005 8:00 AM

Quote:
So does every other American.[:0]

You guys are just a bunch of hypocrites plain and simple. I never blamed Clinton for weed use, I laughed at the I didn't inhale remark, I do belive that marital infidelity is a serious character flaw however.
Yep.

Take your oath seriously. If you promise something, do it. If the reason for the promise no longer exists, tell the otehr party to teh rpomise, sever the relationship, then move on. But deceit, lies, careful choice of words to avoid discovery of infidelity all point to teh same thing--untrustworthiness. If your wife can't trust you the keep your pecker in your pants, why should anybody trust you with things like, nukular weapons?

But Clinton is gone and it's time to moveon.

In a few years, Dubyah will be a memory and as useful as Clinton or Dubbie-Daddy or Jimmy is today.
post #38 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Botnst - 2/26/2005 12:31 PM

Yep.

Take your oath seriously. If you promise something, do it. If the reason for the promise no longer exists, tell the otehr party to teh rpomise, sever the relationship, then move on. But deceit, lies, careful choice of words to avoid discovery of infidelity all point to teh same thing--untrustworthiness. If your wife can't trust you the keep your pecker in your pants, why should anybody trust you with things like, nukular weapons?

The American people knowingly chose a candidate who reeked of "untrustworthiness". The man's character flaws came out quite clearly during his initial presidential campaign. I find it difficult to criticize the man for being true to himself and to the people who put him in office. Clinton deserves none of the blame -- American voters deserve it all.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #39 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2005, 03:56 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Howitzer - 2/26/2005 6:00 AM

You guys......
One of my least favorite expressions. Who exactly are "you guys"? Does it change from post to post, from day to day?

post #40 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-26-2005, 05:04 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
GermanStar - 2/26/2005 5:53 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 2/26/2005 12:31 PM

Yep.

The American people knowingly chose a candidate who reeked of "untrustworthiness". The man's character flaws came out quite clearly during his initial presidential campaign. I find it difficult to criticize the man for being true to himself and to the people who put him in office. Clinton deserves none of the blame -- American voters deserve it all.
Don't lump me in with "those people" that put pecker head Clinton in office! You're right in saying the man(?)lacked ANY character. But to say he wasn't to be held responsible for his lies? He was. He was impeached. Only a sack-o-shit like him, would not be so ashamed, as to ever show his face in public again. How embarrassing........!

"I have spent MOST of the money I have made in my life on expensive women, expensive cars, and expensive drugs. The rest I just wasted." S-KLASSE8, "Belief in the supernatural, reflects a failure in the imagination." - Edward Abbey "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes - 1979 (fully restored) 450SLC - 1989 (fully restored)420SEL - "S CLASS STYLE - S CLASS ATTITUDE"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in