George Bush - The "Propaganda President" ? - Page 9 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 08:22 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: George Bush - The "Propaganda President" ?

I actually think that a lot of folks simply place their faith in the process and don't care about the details. You know -- 'if we invaded Iraq, then it must have been the right thing to do'. I'm not sure what that says. Is it misplaced trust, ambivalence, apathy, distraction?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 09:21 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 1984 300SD 1986 300SDL 1989 300SE 1998 740iL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 3/1/2005 10:22 PM

I actually think that a lot of folks simply place their faith in the process and don't care about the details. You know -- 'if we invaded Iraq, then it must have been the right thing to do'. I'm not sure what that says. Is it misplaced trust, ambivalence, apathy, distraction?
It's misplaced trust. That is exactly what it is.
The administration said it and I believe it. Why would they lie about it? Besides, if I hear the word "terrorist", I say go kill them!

I know a typical woman of average intelligence and quite typical of not wanting any details who firmly agrees with the policy of the administration of targeting "Muslims" for "extra processing" at the airport or "indefinite detainment" for further investigation.

Hey you never know if they might be a terrorist so, you had better err on the side of trampling the Constitution. (Where is the barf key on this thing).

Brian Carlton
1984 300 SD
1986 300 SDL
1987 300 SDL
post #83 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 09:28 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

I wasn't misled and frankly, didn't much care what the admin said. IMO the same reason it would have been a good idea to get the mad bastard the first time was still in force when we finally did get that mass murdering mofo. The subsequent twelve years and dozen resolutions in the UN were guilding the lily.

Looks like democracy is breaking-out all over the middleast and former soviet republics. Like those kuh-razy neocons suggested. Doesn't that just piss you off something awful?
post #84 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 09:39 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quote:
Botnst - 3/1/2005 11:28 PM

I wasn't misled and frankly, didn't much care what the admin said. IMO the same reason it would have been a good idea to get the mad bastard the first time was still in force when we finally did get that mass murdering mofo. The subsequent twelve years and dozen resolutions in the UN were guilding the lily.

Looks like democracy is breaking-out all over the middleast and former soviet republics. Like those kuh-razy neocons suggested. Doesn't that just piss you off something awful?
Hardly. If democracy can be successful in a country that has extremely deep ethnic rivalries then I'll be the first to tip my hat to this President. In fact, I might even respect him somewhat. But, he's got a long, long, long, long way to go. And, unfortunately, that long way is going to consume a lot of lives in the interim.

Brian Carlton
1984 300 SD
1986 300 SDL
1987 300 SDL
post #85 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 09:41 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 3/1/2005 9:28 PM

Yes, we want more blood and mayhem -- everyone needs motivation (elipse, elipse, elipse)

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #86 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 06:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Brian Carlton - 3/1/2005 10:01 PM

Quote:
GermanStar - 2/27/2005 9:31 PM

As alluded to earlier, the difference is both of magnitude and subject. The American people have been duped regarding an issue which has resulted in tens of thousands of needless deaths. You may think this is a trivial issue, many of us do not.
And I would fall into the category of those that do not think this is a trivial issue and of those who believe that the administration has somehow sold the public on a war without a justifiable reason.

I have an explanation for this. And, it involves the average intelligence of the average American. Suffice it to say that it is below average.
The average American is below average? I need help with that, Mr. Kiellor.
post #87 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 06:51 PM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I struggled with that. One average is a mean and one a median? Bit too subtle.
post #88 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 07:02 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quote:
Botnst - 3/2/2005 8:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

As alluded to earlier, the difference is both of magnitude and subject. The American people have been duped regarding an issue which has resulted in tens of thousands of needless deaths. You may think this is a trivial issue, many of us do not.
And I would fall into the category of those that do not think this is a trivial issue and of those who believe that the administration has somehow sold the public on a war without a justifiable reason.

I have an explanation for this. And, it involves the average intelligence of the average American. Suffice it to say that it is below average.
If I define "average intelligence" as the ability for a person to gather facts from multiple sources and make an intelligent decision on the pros and cons of an argument, without ignoring the argument and simply accepting the populist view and/or the view as portrayed by the media, the, my fellows, the average American, unfortunately, does not have "average intelligence".

And this is how the average American is a moron.

Brian Carlton
1984 300 SD
1986 300 SDL
1987 300 SDL
post #89 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 08:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Brian Carlton - 3/2/2005 9:02 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 3/2/2005 8:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

If I define "average intelligence" as the ability for a person to gather facts from multiple sources and make an intelligent decision on the pros and cons of an argument, without ignoring the argument and simply accepting the populist view and/or the view as portrayed by the media, the, my fellows, the average American, unfortunately, does not have "average intelligence".

Jay-zus! If you define average intelligence as the ability to parse that first sentence, I'm screwed!
post #90 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-02-2005, 08:39 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quote:
Botnst - 3/2/2005 10:17 PM

Quote:
Brian Carlton - 3/2/2005 9:02 PM

Jay-zus! If you define average intelligence as the ability to parse that first sentence, I'm screwed!
Yep, I guess I got a little out of hand with that one. Rewrite:

I define "average intelligence" as the ability for a person to gather facts from multiple sources and make an intelligent decision on the pros and cons of an argument, without ignoring the argument and simply accepting the populist view and/or the view as portrayed by the media. The average American, therefore, does not have "average intelligence".

Brian Carlton
1984 300 SD
1986 300 SDL
1987 300 SDL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in