LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 09:11 AM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: George Bush - The "Propaganda President" ?

Yes, it's nice to have the challenge of filtering the occasional gobbet of truth from all that sewage. It's remarkable that we are reduced to admiring the sophistry of these lowlifes, rather than pillorying them for the lying turds they are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 11:50 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This thread has gone on forever, and gone nowhere at the same time. Each political side, calls each others press releases, propaganda. You know that it's propaganda in itself, just to call the other sides release, propaganda. It's nothing more than differences in perspective and something called,"spin". As far as I can see , both sides are guilty of it. They have to. If one side spins something hard left, then to neutralize it, the other side has to spin the same story hard right. Both do it alot. Expect it and look past it, because it's not going to get any better.

"I have spent MOST of the money I have made in my life on expensive women, expensive cars, and expensive drugs. The rest I just wasted." S-KLASSE8, "Belief in the supernatural, reflects a failure in the imagination." - Edward Abbey "Give me a firm place to stand, and I will move the Earth." - Archimedes - 1979 (fully restored) 450SLC - 1989 (fully restored)420SEL - "S CLASS STYLE - S CLASS ATTITUDE"
post #73 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

What an interesting spin...
post #74 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 07:31 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
S-KLASSE8 - 2/27/2005 11:50 AM

This thread has gone on forever, and gone nowhere at the same time. Each political side, calls each others press releases, propaganda. You know that it's propaganda in itself, just to call the other sides release, propaganda. It's nothing more than differences in perspective and something called,"spin". As far as I can see , both sides are guilty of it. They have to. If one side spins something hard left, then to neutralize it, the other side has to spin the same story hard right. Both do it alot. Expect it and look past it, because it's not going to get any better.
As alluded to earlier, the difference is both of magnitude and subject. The American people have been duped regarding an issue which has resulted in tens of thousands of needless deaths. You may think this is a trivial issue, many of us do not.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #75 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 07:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Sorry, not duped, thus the deaths were not necessarily needless.
post #76 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 07:58 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 2/27/2005 7:47 PM

Sorry, not duped, thus the deaths were not necessarily needless.
You were not duped. I know a startling number of people who were. From an earlier post...
Quote:
If you don't want to call it propaganda, what is the mechanism that's been so frighteningly effective? Why is that so many Americans are out of touch with reality in regard to the actions of this administration, particularly in regard to Iraq? Ask your friends, family members and co-workers why we're in Iraq, and you'll get answers from seemingly intelligent people that GW himself would have to admit are untrue. At least that's been my experience. Why do so many people believe that Iraq was an active player in regard to the 9/11 attack? Why do so many people believe that Iraq played an active role in terrorism against the West prior to our invasion? Why do so many people believe Saddam was actively pursuing WMD arsenals immediately before our invasion? Why are so many people certain that we're right and justified in our actions, and that 95% of the rest of the world just doesn't have a clue? Since this isn't the result of propaganda, what is the source?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #77 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 08:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

All I can speak for is myself. All I represent is myself.
post #78 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 09:08 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

I see, so you've got representation. Have you ever considered seeking new counsel?
post #79 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-27-2005, 09:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Zeitgeist - 2/27/2005 11:08 PM

I see, so you've got representation. Have you ever considered seeking new counsel?
I got the only one who'd take me as a client. Anybody who'd have me for a client disqualifies himself for that reason, so I represent myself pro bono and I'm worth every penny of it.
post #80 of 90 (permalink) Old 03-01-2005, 08:01 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 1984 300SD 1986 300SDL 1989 300SE 1998 740iL
Quoted: 59 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 2/27/2005 9:31 PM

As alluded to earlier, the difference is both of magnitude and subject. The American people have been duped regarding an issue which has resulted in tens of thousands of needless deaths. You may think this is a trivial issue, many of us do not.
And I would fall into the category of those that do not think this is a trivial issue and of those who believe that the administration has somehow sold the public on a war without a justifiable reason.

I have an explanation for this. And, it involves the average intelligence of the average American. Suffice it to say that it is below average.

Brian Carlton
1984 300 SD
1986 300 SDL
1987 300 SDL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in