post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 11:51 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1979 300SD, 1983 300D Mercedes
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 79-300SD
RE: "Abstinence" programs cause teenagers to screw

...........adn Just say NO programs cause teenagers to become hard core heroin addicts...........

----------------------------------------

Speed is a question of money. How fast do you want to go?

Proud Owner of a

1979 W116 300SD

1983 W123 300D

Come join us at http://schumanautomotive.com/forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 11:57 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
79-300SD - 2/3/2005 1:51 PM

...........adn Just say NO programs cause teenagers to become hard core heroin addicts...........
PONG!!!!

There is a serious difference between learning to like the world of booze and drugs as a kid and wanting to engage in sexual activity. Once is wholly a choice and the other is part of being alive. Just because a method may work in once situation does not mean it works in all situations. Think a little before prematurely ejaculating that tiresome, messy crap on the board. Jim
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 12:06 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quote:
JimSmith - 2/3/2005 1:57 PM

Quote:

PONG!!!!

There is a serious difference between learning to like the world of booze and drugs as a kid and wanting to engage in sexual activity. Once is wholly a choice and the other is part of being alive. Just because a method may work in once situation does not mean it works in all situations. Think a little before prematurely ejaculating that tiresome, messy crap on the board. Jim
You know Jim you could think a bit more rather than absent mindedly following the DNC mantra............and spouting off the crap they tell you to spout off.

Just how old are you.....that you have forgotten Both of those have a strong draw to young people particularly with a little help from peer presure.

Think a little before prematurely ejaculating that tiresome, messy crap on the board.

Proud Owner of a

1979 W116 300SD

1983 W123 300D

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Actually, the "Just Say No" and "DARE" programs are ending all over the country. Studies show kids abused drugs as much after being in these programs as they did if they never took them. As a result, budget-strapped governments are ending the programs as a waste of money. The "absitinence" programs are heading the same way.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 01:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
79-300SD - 2/3/2005 2:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

PONG!!!!

You know Jim you could think a bit more rather than absent mindedly following the DNC mantra............and spouting off the crap they tell you to spout off.

Just how old are you.....that you have forgotten Both of those have a strong draw to young people particularly with a little help from peer presure.

Think a little before prematurely ejaculating that tiresome, messy crap on the board.
79-300SD,

Seems imitation is the most sincere form of flattery...

But, seriously, if my post above is a quote of the DNC mantra, I would be glad to check the DNC mantra for more words of wisdom as I think those are particularly pertinent and valuable in the context of this thread.

The urge to use drugs or get drunk is not the same as the urge to get laid. If you don't see that, well, I am not the right guy to talk you through that. Jim
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 01:34 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quote:
JimSmith - 2/3/2005 3:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PONG!!!!

79-300SD,

But, seriously, if my post above is a quote of the DNC mantra, I would be glad to check the DNC mantra for more words of wisdom as I think those are particularly pertinent and valuable in the context of this thread.

The urge to use drugs or get drunk is not the same as the urge to get laid. If you don't see that, well, I am not the right guy to talk you through that. Jim
Jim you are clearly in serious geezer mode.....

because you forgot what the draw towards geting shitfaced drunk is to young people....and its not any different than getting high....

And getting laid has a LOT to do with peer pressure.

Teens are more about impusive actions than rational thought. If you forgot that you are far older than you care to admit.

Proud Owner of a

1979 W116 300SD

1983 W123 300D

post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
JimSmith - 2/3/2005 3:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PONG!!!!

79-300SD,

Not the same urge, but often the same party!

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 01:53 PM
BenzWorld Member

Vehicle: Passat Variant
Send a message via Yahoo to kuan1

My first time, 15 yrs. old, was without protection, done under heavy influence of alcohol and with a good friend's sister.

So there you go.

All hail the Sixteen Men of Tain!
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Oh yea! After that, I could hardly wait to do it sober!

post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 02:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Your perspective is somewhat telling. If you teach your kid drugs and alcohol are not good for them, and can lead to lapses in judgement that can cost lives, and all the other stuff DARE and such programs reinforce, you are not bullshitting your kid. If you teach your kids to be personally reponsible for their decisions, all decisions, that would include boozing and doing drugs, you are not bullshitting your kids. If you teach your kids to be personally responsible for all their decisions, and make when to have sex and with whom a personal decision they make and are therefore going to be personally responsible for the consequences, you are not bullshitting yourself.

Teaching kids to be personally responsible for their decisions is a full time, from birth type of job of a parent. You cannot treat a kid like a large vegetable for 10 or 15 years and then make them assume responsibilility for decisions they will make, all of the sudden, when they have no idea what the concept means, and expect it to work.

If you preach abstinence to your kids in the absence of being trained to be personally responsible for their decisions you are bullshitting your kids and yourself. They will decide when they will have sexual relations, and when they do that they will base the decision on what they have learned in life up to that point. If what they have learned from you, the parent, is that you are full of shit, well, your perspective will get very little representation in the decision-making process.

Besides, since I always thought sex with a woman was a good experience, I am not really looking to preach "don't have sex until you are married" to any of my kids - I would rather be at ease knowing they know the significance of the decision and have been prepared as well as I know how to make such decisions - because they were going to make the decision themselves anyway.

So, DARE and sexual abstinence preaching are two different solutions for two different problems. I don't know about you 79-300SD, but my chances of getting laid drunk were never that great, even in college. Must be my sexual partner selection program, but babes that would do you because they were drunk never appealed to me. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in