WTF?: Prof Won't Back Down On Comparing WTC Victims To Nazis - Page 13 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 07:07 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1979 300SD, 1983 300D Mercedes
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 79-300SD
RE: Where have all the crazies gone?

Quote:
Botnst - 2/6/2005 9:01 PM

Quote:
79-300SD - 2/6/2005 8:46 PM

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 2/6/2005 2:32 PM

In the 50's 60's & 70's, there seemed to be alot of crazies in the world, both to the right & left. I mean when someone did or said something so henious as this Prof., there was some nut to shoot him in the head. Here's hoping some of the crazies come out of the woodwork!
We can only hope someone does something to that professor who so much deserves to be strung up from a lightpole to have the buzzards pluck his eyeballs out. And feast on his intestines.
Wow. Look, its okay NOT to take "Braveheart" as a code of government.
Oh come on.....that would make for great TV.....and at the same time test the loudmouths such as this college professor as to the strength of his conviction towards supporting the terrorists.

I personaly would pay to see him strung up on pay-per-view.

----------------------------------------

Speed is a question of money. How fast do you want to go?

Proud Owner of a

1979 W116 300SD

1983 W123 300D

Come join us at http://schumanautomotive.com/forums
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-07-2005, 07:09 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Quote:
Botnst - 2/6/2005 9:01 PM

Quote:
79-300SD - 2/6/2005 8:46 PM

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 2/6/2005 2:32 PM

In the 50's 60's & 70's, there seemed to be alot of crazies in the world, both to the right & left. I mean when someone did or said something so henious as this Prof., there was some nut to shoot him in the head. Here's hoping some of the crazies come out of the woodwork!
We can only hope someone does something to that professor who so much deserves to be strung up from a lightpole to have the buzzards pluck his eyeballs out. And feast on his intestines.
Wow. Look, its okay NOT to take "Braveheart" as a code of government.
I would pay to see that loudmouth professor strung up on pay-per-view.

We could see how strong his convictions are towards helping the terrorists.

Proud Owner of a

1979 W116 300SD

1983 W123 300D

post #123 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 02:13 PM
BenzWorld Extremist

RE: WTF?: Prof Won't Back Down On Comparing WTC Victims To Nazis

Well this loudmouth prick of a college professor clearly is mentally deranged.......becasue if he isn't he should be jailed for being the most conteptuous asshole of the decade.

Proud Owner of a

1979 W116 300SD

1983 W123 300D

post #124 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 03:35 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004

This guy (Churchill) gave a speech the other night. The news carried portions of it and other portions in the paper.

I gotta say, I'm liking this guy more and more. His position (that WTC was a natural and inevitable consequence of our ME policy) can certainly be debated, but I'm digging his FU attitude.

He basically told everyone "piss off, I'm not apologizing, I'm not retracting, explaning, or backing up"

They are attacking his views, attacking his geneology, his publications and academic credentials and he has a big "va fungool" for everyone.

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #125 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 03:39 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
79-300SD - 2/7/2005 9:09 AM

I would pay to see that loudmouth professor strung up on pay-per-view.

We could see how strong his convictions are towards helping the terrorists.
What happened to the "we have to get rid of all this politically correct speach on campus" republican chant.

Here is a guy as un PC as you can get. Shouldn't you be supporting him?

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #126 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 05:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

More attacks on college professors. this one from the Manchester, NH Union Leader editorial page:

Speech on campus:
Creating a climate of fear

CRAFTY COLLEGE and university professors have figured out how to intimidate their students and get praised for it. Thankfully, some students are no longer standing for this.

By manipulating public respect for the First Amendment, some professors disguise intellectual pressure tactics as mere expressions of opinion offered in the spirit of open debate. What they are really doing is using their positions of authority to bully students into agreement. And for this they often are praised by their peers and bosses.

Take, for example, Keene State Professor David Stowell, who has some 15 political statements (left-wing, of course) displayed on his office door. The anti-war slogans (such as “How many Iraqi children did we kill today?�) angered Shane Calchera, a veteran who happened to have Stowell as a professor.

Calchera alerted the college that Stowell was creating an atmosphere that amounted to harassment of veterans. If Calchera’s door had been plastered with anti-woman slogans, a student would have won easily. But making veterans feel bad about themselves by calling them baby killers is still considered OK on campus. Calchera lost.

Stowell, in turn, has filed a complaint with the ACLU, saying, “I was investigated because of my political views because someone objected to them, and that’s frightening.�

No, professor, you were investigated because you used your position to create a climate of fear. There is a huge difference between stating your views on your own time and using public property and a position of authority to badger people whose academic destinies you partially control.

Professors, no matter their political views, ought to act like professionals and refrain from political sloganeering in the workplace. It is a breach of decorum, even if done with the most innocent motives. It is deliberate intimidation of subordinates (students) when done with malice. Of course, removing open politicking from professors’ offices and the classroom will never happen. So at the very least professors ought to consider the effect their proselytizing might have on students who disagree with them and do it with the utmost tact — assuming they have any.

http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_showa.html?article=50586

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #127 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 05:23 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2003
Vehicle: 300d, 409d

Gotta agree with Koop. While I think he has been milking a questionable Indian background, and what he said he wrote is not exactly what he did write, it sure is refreshing to see an independent thinker surrounded by AIM security guards, tell the state that's he's not going to change his ideas to please the Governor. Precisely what should be happening in a free society.
post #128 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 05:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

More attacks on college professors. this one from the Manchester, NH Union Leader editorial page:

Speech on campus:
Creating a climate of fear

CRAFTY COLLEGE and university professors have figured out how to intimidate their students and get praised for it. Thankfully, some students are no longer standing for this.

By manipulating public respect for the First Amendment, some professors disguise intellectual pressure tactics as mere expressions of opinion offered in the spirit of open debate. What they are really doing is using their positions of authority to bully students into agreement. And for this they often are praised by their peers and bosses.

Take, for example, Keene State Professor David Stowell, who has some 15 political statements (left-wing, of course) displayed on his office door. The anti-war slogans (such as “How many Iraqi children did we kill today?�) angered Shane Calchera, a veteran who happened to have Stowell as a professor.

Calchera alerted the college that Stowell was creating an atmosphere that amounted to harassment of veterans. If Calchera’s door had been plastered with anti-woman slogans, a student would have won easily. But making veterans feel bad about themselves by calling them baby killers is still considered OK on campus. Calchera lost.

Stowell, in turn, has filed a complaint with the ACLU, saying, “I was investigated because of my political views because someone objected to them, and that’s frightening.�

No, professor, you were investigated because you used your position to create a climate of fear. There is a huge difference between stating your views on your own time and using public property and a position of authority to badger people whose academic destinies you partially control.

Professors, no matter their political views, ought to act like professionals and refrain from political sloganeering in the workplace. It is a breach of decorum, even if done with the most innocent motives. It is deliberate intimidation of subordinates (students) when done with malice. Of course, removing open politicking from professors’ offices and the classroom will never happen. So at the very least professors ought to consider the effect their proselytizing might have on students who disagree with them and do it with the utmost tact — assuming they have any.

http://www.theunionleader.com/articles_showa.html?article=50586

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #129 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 08:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

What disturbs me more than hyperbole from dick-headed profs is some knucklehead official in gov thinking he knows better. This is one of those very frequent cases when gov saying less and doing less would be a real blessing. If anybody that has a method for shutting-up politicians before they say something remarkeably stupid could make a lot of money.

OTOH, I have no problem at all with private citizens squealing and squalling and witholding donations. Or conversely, having a leftie conversion experience, drinking blue koolaid and giving a gazillion Soros dollars to wacky profs. Just so it's not gov, I like it that people get pissed-off by profs. Heck, at least you know the profs are doing something, even if it is stupid. Who wants a buncha aig-haids sitting around tut-tutting the quality of freshmen for fifty years on the public dole?
post #130 of 153 (permalink) Old 02-11-2005, 07:40 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C 111 Nardo
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Quote:
azimuth - 1/31/2005 10:20 PM

actually I don't see his opinion as being all that dangerous as long as the opposite point of view has equal time/forum with the same audience.
That is how the process should flow! An intelligent debate should allow the discerning audience to dismiss the professor's garbage from fact.

But if impressionable students are never presented the counterpoint, then the following philosopher has expressed it clearly centuries ago...

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." --Voltaire

I guess this quote could be used appropriately to illustrate many of the subjects discussed in other threads on this OT forum. For instance, regardless of my political non-affiliations, I'd have been willing to wage war against Iraq based on a convincing (but possibly unsubstantiated) theory that showed their WMDs were a threat to us.

I feel so miserable without you; its almost like having you here.
-- Stephen Bishop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in