Asian Community under attack by "Hip Hop & Rap" (again), this time in NY - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-01-2005, 11:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2005
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Asian Community under attack by "Hip Hop & Rap" (again), this time in NY

I agree most of us live in the here and now. Some do not. I'd venture to say that a derrogatory chant about african americans and slavery with all of the ugly adjectives and slurs that have been created by the lowest of society to demean thier humanity, would be received with equal disgust. I suppose that from your twice over response that you would advise "get over it". I'd like to be a fly on the wall as you tell some of the more large in stature young african american men to "get over it" in person.

aborted Shop Forum member

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 07:44 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: Passat Variant
Send a message via Yahoo to kuan1

Ignorant SOB's. Racism against Asians is good and thriving here in the heartland. I wed into a very white family and for some reason they think it's OK to talk about Asians in front of me. Just this last holiday season I was told by someone that they toss applications with "weird sounding names" because they "can't communicate." I had half a mind to call someone on this guy's engineering firm where he's junior partner.

Don't forget where you are and where you used to be Bill. Nobody effects real change by getting over it, whatever that means. We live well, we do our best, but we never get over it. Bigotry comes in all forms. The silent type is about the worst. Keeping quiet about it just enables bigots even more.

All hail the Sixteen Men of Tain!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:26 AM
jjl
BenzWorld Extremist

Vehicle: 280SE 280CE 560SEL

Quote:
kuan1 - 2/2/2005 2:44 PM

Ignorant SOB's. Racism against Asians is good and thriving here in the heartland. I wed into a very white family and for some reason they think it's OK to talk about Asians in front of me. Just this last holiday season I was told by someone that they toss applications with "weird sounding names" because they "can't communicate." I had half a mind to call someone on this guy's engineering firm where he's junior partner.

Don't forget where you are and where you used to be Bill. Nobody effects real change by getting over it, whatever that means. We live well, we do our best, but we never get over it. Bigotry comes in all forms. The silent type is about the worst. Keeping quiet about it just enables bigots even more.
I have to agree with this strongly, and it's generally applicable not only to racism, but to all kinds of oppression and discrimination. Never assume it's trivial, of no consequence, or a joke to others just because you don't care.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:44 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
azimuth - 2/2/2005 1:03 AM

I agree most of us live in the here and now. Some do not. I'd venture to say that a derrogatory chant about african americans and slavery with all of the ugly adjectives and slurs that have been created by the lowest of society to demean thier humanity, would be received with equal disgust. I suppose that from your twice over response that you would advise "get over it". I'd like to be a fly on the wall as you tell some of the more large in stature young african american men to "get over it" in person.
Mr. man-du asked what in his initial post was racist. I would say he should follow your advice and call some of these guys "rap monkeys". If you do, let us all know what hospital you're in, man-du.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
kuan1 - 2/2/2005 9:44 AM

How can anyone discriminate against you guys when your women are so hot? Give me an office full of Asian hotties over fat white girls any day.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 09:58 AM
BenzWorld W140 Host

Date registered: Aug 2003
Vehicle: W140 S 320 L & R129 500SL
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to zeaq Send a message via Yahoo to zeaq

New York suffered a tremendous attack on September 11th and they're still acting like a$$holes.They are asking for a second, more horrible one. Perhaps a disease epidemic.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-02-2005, 10:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in