post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: Deals on MB Wheels thread

This 66 Cab looks like a great restoration project. The reserve has been met at 15k$:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6329&item=45235489 23&rd=1

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Compare to this fully restored 66 Cab:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6329&item=45242790 43&rd=1

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

I love this car. California car, low miles, unrestored original 230Sl. Read the guy's stroy and you can tell he is a true MB owner:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6329&item=45247643 78&rd=1

post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 03:11 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2004
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to lkirchner

Quote:
kvining - 2/4/2005 12:44 PM

This 66 Cab looks like a great restoration project. The reserve has been met at 15k$:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6329&item=45235489 23&rd=1
[8D]If anyone is interested in this model they should buy the fully restored one on e-bay. This one is a money pit and some poor fool overpaid dearly

Lou K
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

We'll you got two hours left to buy the money pit. The fully restored one is up to 28 grand last time I looked. I would think I car like that would go for about 35-40k$. So you really think a 15k buy in on a car that doesn't look that rough would eat up more than say, 20 grand? What did you think of the 230SL? Out of all the ones posted, that one looks like one worth being a keeper.

post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 07:58 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2004
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to lkirchner

Quote:
kvining - 2/4/2005 6:18 PM

We'll you got two hours left to buy the money pit. The fully restored one is up to 28 grand last time I looked. I would think I car like that would go for about 35-40k$. So you really think a 15k buy in on a car that doesn't look that rough would eat up more than say, 20 grand? What did you think of the 230SL? Out of all the ones posted, that one looks like one worth being a keeper.
[:D] 20 grand would be easy to dump into that thing and you still would not be finished. If these were the 1971 3.5 cars they would command a much higher price but the 6 cylinder models are not nearly as popular even though they look similar. The restored one looks very proper.

The 230 SL looks good from the pictures but I think this is one that would need a close up inspection. Some of the things I noticed in the pictures would make me wonder: the engine compartment looks shabby, the fuel pump is not the correct pump and it is missing the protective canister, the slight rust in the trunk quarter panel is typical and problematic on these cars. As far as one selling for $37,000; all that I can say is someone had more cents than sense. I restored one of these, W113, to a 99 point level and $37,000 is about tops for a good restoration. As an example,last weekend at Barrett-Jackson a great 2 owner, original 280-SL, 37,000 mile car sold for $20,000. I saw it in person and it was good.

Lou K
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 01:40 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Here's a sweet one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31853&item=4526510 771&rd=1

post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 01:49 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Here's a pair:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6329&item=45251765 68&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6329&item=45257593 35&rd=1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in