Shane - 1/28/2005 11:39 AM
Just read this in the New York times. Funny. Everyone I know is working harder, earning less, and becoming more stressed by the day. What gives? How come the mega wealthy now have serious money to spend on luxury items like private jets?
On a side note a friend of mine was with his mega wealthy New York friends in Aspen and they were all talking about their private jets they have or are on order. Seems a private jet is the current status symbol, taking the place of the mandatory yacht. I was not there because I am not worth 100 million. That is the entry level, and it skyrockets from there. These people are the power brokers and they are the only ones I know who are smiling right now.
Does this say something about our political climate?
Is it really justice that .01% of our american poulation gets to tell the other 99.9% what to do?
Serious, nonpartisan answers please...
Q: Is it really justice that .01% of our american poulation gets to tell the other 99.9% what to do?
A: Yes, it is. It is justice of the highest degree, Biblical justice, eye for an eye, for a tooth, the whole jaw!
For years, the minorities have been on the receiving end of the stick! Well, what you have just read in the NY Times shows that a minority (.01%) has had enough, and has decided to take control of their own destiny, perhaps even seeking revenge over an otherwise oppressing majority (99.99%, I corrected your math, thank me later...) We should all applaude at this manifestation of the realization of the American Dream.
Q: Does this say something about our political climate?
A: Not a thing!
In dictatorial regimes, the minority (much less than 0.01%) dictates what the rest (over 99.99%) must do.
Social democracies, exhibit the same ratio or rulers to rulees.
In the animal kingdom, things are just as bad, some even have monarchies (the non constitutional kind, so the U.K., for the purpose of the present discussion, should be excluded from the animal kingdom), the ratio of queen to worker ants is dramatically low (but sensibly the same this century as it was in the last), and I don't see that ratio improving in bee hives either.