Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: Looks like the nutcases have arrived

Quote:
That Guy - 1/24/2005 1:59 PM

Quote:
Professor - 1/24/2005 1:48 PM

Ok, I am shadow boxing. Usually I am very helpful whenever someone needs information or clarification. All you have to do is check my posts on the w126. I like to pepper some of my posts with a little of my dry humor and i do enjoy using the forum. This particular thread has gone nowhere and I don't feel like I am really welcomed to say something that might enlighten this subject for some. I was reluctant now I am convinced that if I did try to put some info here that it will degrade to stupidity.
That said, I am not wasting my time on this subject again, don't ask me because you have already concluded that I am full of shit.
I will however post what I know on my website, you are welcome to go there and maybe learn something. Until I do, go shadow box with someone else.
Look, prof. I hear where you are coming from on Kirk. A lot of times he can be too strident in his opinion. At the same rate I don't see where everyone's convinced you are full of shit. I see an earnest desire to have opposing information presented. A desire that you have failed to fulfill.

If I was to get on a discussion forum and say that I can beat a C32 in my stock 190E with no supporting evidence, then I guarantee you I would get the same response. Unfounded claims are just that.. unfounded. And when you make them don't be surprised to be called out on it. The thread has gone nowhere because you haven't posted anything to move it forward. Hopefully once you've posted something to your website and others have had a chance to see it, this thread will move forward again.
The professor is going to have difficult time explaining how one, after obtaining a valid IP to sign on to the net, can then send a false IP from that connection and receive back a web page. Even if the evil IP is valid, it requires a complete, separate connection to the net, that uses that IP, and it has to be obtained validly as well, but this is nothing more than re-routing an IP, so is not a "spoof". The only possible way to do it, is to release the IP address for the connection, and then renew it with the evil address, before the returned web page began arriving at your computer. One would have to do this every time one wanted a web page. The timing issues, the provider issues, among others make this an impossible idea, certainly impossible for getting around an IP ban on a forum, if not just plain dumb. Any TCPIP connection only has one address. You simply cannot give a single connection an alternate or momentary change of address on a dedicated IP - it requires ending the connection. Of course, this is only my "superficial" understanding.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 05:49 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

ILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT IT IS ILLEGAL TO INQUIRE INTO IP SPOOFING BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 10-4:44 PM ON ANY GIVEN DAY OF THE WEEK! I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I AM THE EXPERT ON COMPUTERS ON THIS BOARD NOT YOU! GET IT!

I AM THE ONE WHO HAS THE BEST TOYS AND THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN ANYONE HERE WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. I AM THE GREATEST AND EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS.
post #63 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 05:52 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004

Quote:
Medzuck - 1/24/2005 7:49 PM

ILL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT IT IS ILLEGAL TO INQUIRE INTO IP SPOOFING BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 10-4:44 PM ON ANY GIVEN DAY OF THE WEEK! I KNOW THIS BECAUSE I AM THE EXPERT ON COMPUTERS ON THIS BOARD NOT YOU! GET IT!

I AM THE ONE WHO HAS THE BEST TOYS AND THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN ANYONE HERE WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT. I AM THE GREATEST AND EVERYONE ELSE SUCKS.
Read it...know it.....live it.
post #64 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Still waiting for an explantion of IP spoofing from our resident computer expert, Mr. Howitzer.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #65 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 06:06 PM
BenzWorld Member

Banning IP addresses is a popular method for getting rid of trolls. The idea is that you will ban them in this way so that they can’t just join with a new account. But the biggest troublemakers will just use a proxy to get around the IP ban. You can try banning every public proxy, but that can be pretty time consuming when you consider how many proxies there are and how often they pop up. On top of that, this doesn’t do anything to deal with dial-up users who will typically have a new IP address at every connection.

www.proxyforfree.com

http://channels.lockergnome.com/net/archives/20040809_successful_forums_tip_3_troll_prevention_ and_extermination.phtml

post #66 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 06:37 PM
BenzWorld Member

Hey ron check my last login IP helllloooo from Mexico.

Not trying to stir the pot but just proving it can be done.

post #67 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:03 PM
BenzWorld Member

I'm in GA now.
post #68 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:10 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Jan 2005

I'M NOT JUST THE COMPUTER EXPERT, I AM AN EXPERT IN EVERYTHING, JUST ASK ME. I AM AN EXPERT AT WATCHING TV, AND I KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW, AND MORE, ABOUT TV ANTENNAS, CABLE, TIVO. IN ADDITION, I KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT GUNS. I KILL EVERYTHING I EAT, EVEN THE VEGETABLES. I SHOOT THEM WITH MY GUN THEN I RUN OVER THEM IN MY AVALANCHE OR MY 4 WHEELER. I LOVE BOY SCOUTS SO MUCH THAT I AM STILL A BOY SCOUT AND I SHOVEL THE DRIVEWAYS OF MY NEIGHBORS BECAUSE OF THE WARM FUZZY FEELING I GET IN MY WITTLE DANGER ZONE. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN MY CHEEKS? THEY STICK OUT LIKE A WITTLE CHIPMUNKS.
post #69 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 07:29 PM
BenzWorld Member

Just more proof that you guys know you got slammed.
post #70 of 76 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 08:00 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

I checked out the free service @ P4F, but it doesn't appear to allow someone to gain access to a site via the email registration procedure. A "friend" of mine recently attempted to regain access to a site that was so rudely wrenched away from his innocent hands. My "friend" is a top notch hamster breeder and would love to share his gift with others of like mind. My friend was able to post once, but was once again rudely denied access to his hamster hombres. What recourse does my friend have at his disposal? My friend is very friendly and isn't much of a threat to anyone--almost ghostlike actually.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in