Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: Censorship at MBShop

Quote:
webwench - 1/20/2005 12:13 PM

Heck, I've had it with the lot of you. Bunch of whiny babies running to the moderators about other posters, and bunch of whiny babies over here casting aspersions on everyone they can name, and scared to death to admit there may have been a scintilla of fault in your own behavior. Most of you are no better than the shopforum whiners are, and you deserve eachother.
Lighten up webbie. It's controversial stuff and people are going to talk about it. It's also something that naturally puts people on the defensive. I admit to being human, I make mistakes and am riddled with character defects, just like everyone else. Whatever shortcomings you see in my behavior is not apparent to me and vice versa, that is the human condition. I deal with it in others by allowing everyone, including myself, the right to be wrong.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 122 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 11:53 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Z, near as I can tell, you were blameless. That Guy also, actually.
post #93 of 122 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

...well, I just evaluated my package--good lord...shrinkage!
post #94 of 122 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 12:00 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 1/20/2005 11:46 AM

So now let's look at it another way, how can one evaluate the merits of a particular subject without being swayed by presentation? Because if the truth is what's important, then the package shouldn't mater. So how can we remove the contents from the various packages and fairly evaluate them?
I find the question ironic. You above all have demonstrated an ability and appreciation for presentation above and beyond the truth. It's your hobby, for Chrissake! [:D]

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #95 of 122 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 12:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Webwench, I prefer the acidic tirade to the offer of a concilliatory had of friendship. When you lose patience you get very skillful. Stylistically speaking, I'm not begging for my own personal drubbing.

Something Germanstar (I think) said several whining pages and threads ago passed me by but caught my eye. He implied that coming to this forum and busting the folks who are angry about the banning is premature, they're too angry to be objective. I believe that's accurate for people who are normally objective. But for people who think life is out to get them, they'll get another layer of reassurance that their world-view is correct--they will never wear a foil hat, it intereferes with orders from the Overlords. And busting them is not going to help them a bit--it just adds to the conspiracy.

post #96 of 122 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

I'll endeavor as usual to remain an inoffensive turd. Please don't hate me cuz I'm pretty...
post #97 of 122 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Botnst - 1/20/2005 2:01 PM

Webwench, I prefer the acidic tirade to the offer of a concilliatory had of friendship. When you lose patience you get very skillful. Stylistically speaking, I'm not begging for my own personal drubbing.

Something Germanstar (I think) said several whining pages and threads ago passed me by but caught my eye. He implied that coming to this forum and busting the folks who are angry about the banning is premature, they're too angry to be objective. I believe that's accurate for people who are normally objective. But for people who think life is out to get them, they'll get another layer of reassurance that their world-view is correct--they will never wear a foil hat, it intereferes with orders from the Overlords. And busting them is not going to help them a bit--it just adds to the conspiracy.
I think you miss the point entirely of all of this, and you invent a motivation and reaction in us that doesn't exist. That being said, I admire a man that has the courage of his ignorance.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #98 of 122 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
webwench - 1/20/2005 1:53 PM

Z, near as I can tell, you were blameless. That Guy also, actually.
We are all "blameless". Someone over there decided that free expression of opinion was no longer wanted. You can get bogged down in all the personalities and situations you want to, that is the core of the matter. In the process they get into the cesspool of that kind of thinking - once one person or idea is restricted based on content, then the whole thing tumbles like a house of cards. At this point, they resemble someone going through a nervous breakdown over there, as the repression crowd tries to define what "political speech" is. Apparently calling Michael Moore an idiot is not, and complaining about liberals in the SSI thread is not as well. Anyone can see the people in charge of this are a confused bunch whose motivations are immature and not worthy of people who preside over political discussions. I see no "blame" here, only twisted rationales.

post #99 of 122 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 12:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 1/20/2005 2:08 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 1/20/2005 2:01 PM

I think you miss the point entirely of all of this, and you invent a motivation and reaction in us that doesn't exist. That being said, I admire a man that has the courage of his ignorance.
Why do you do that?
post #100 of 122 (permalink) Old 01-20-2005, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

KV, you wear the mantle of victimhood as though it were custom-tailored just for you. Amazing, really.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in