My friend needs alot of help here... - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 05:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
RE: My friend needs alot of help here...

280ce, there is something inonsistent in your story. You said he pulled out too slowly and got hit in the rear, yet he got a ticket for reckless driving. Sounds like what actually happened is your fuckhead friend ran a stop sign and got hit in the right rear quarter, almost killing a little girl in the other car, and then split, not even seeing if he could aid in helping the people that got hurt.

I am always amazed when I hear these stories from states other than Texas, and it seems like people just got tickets. Did your pal spend the night in jail? In Texas "leaving the scene of an accident, injury resulting" is a felony, and your pal would already be on his way to the joint, where he belongs. He sounds like a total asshole that deserves an Iron Bar University education. I hope he gets one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 1980 MB280ce
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

He is sort of an ass....he stole over $600.00 worth of pennies from his dads penny collection...to buy drugs....and yes unfortunatly i helped him lug almost 200 pounds of pennys to his friends car....and painfully cashed everyone in at a coin machine....but other then that he told me he was creeping up to make a left and thought he could make it....and he stupidly floored it at the worst possible moment....and then got hit on the back right side of his car....pulled a 360 and actually alligned up with the way he wanted to go...so he just kept on the gas...Their car was a 4 door cavilier and was considered totaled, His car was a chevrolet tahoe s10 4door and when he went back the scene of the crime the one thing he didnt get charged for YET is leaving the scene...but like the cop said..more tickets are coming in the mail and his court date is december 27....

And no he didnt spend a night in jail and wasnt even placed under arrest...they just gave him a ride home w/tickets
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-28-2004, 10:54 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 2004 SL500 2002 SLK320

Well,

If he is under 18, he is lucky. In my state the charges will be drop when the person turns 18. It is like that in a lot of states.

2002 SLK320
2004 SL500
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 12:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

In Texas you are required to stop, check to see if anyone is injured and if so we are required to "render aid", and you must remain on the scene. He would have committed two felonies in this state - failure to render aid and leaving the scene of an accident that resulted in an injury. I am amazed that other states would be so lax - the whole purpose of laws like that is to get drivers like that off the road. Being 16 here wouldn't help much - they will certify you as an adult here in a heartbeat.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 02:54 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: 1984 300D

Dave is in deep trouble!

Dave shouldn't worry about his criminal legal problems right now, worse case scenario he'll get a few months in juvenile detention unless he’s a repeat offender. I know it sounds bad but he'll survive the experience.

Dave needs to worry about what he's done to other people. He needs to start thinking about someone other than himself for the first time in his life.

He almost killed an innocent little girl! They used to give people 20 years in prison. He out to be thankfull that someone didn't crush his skull in on the spot for wht he did. I might have had I been there.

Dave's parents better have minimum of 500K in liability insurance or they could lose everything; cars, assets, home… everything! No they can't file bankruptcy protection either! Unless your friend was legally emancipated prior to the incident, his parents are ultimately responsible for any negligence or damages from criminal acts he commits. That’s the law. Believe me when I say Dave’s parents are in just as much trouble as him and they should be, shame on them for raising such a worthless selfish little TURD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in