BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 79 300SD, 80 300TD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: The world thinks conservatives are dumb

Quote:
Vollkommen Warrior - 11/5/2004 11:50 AM

Then "the world" is wrong. Take care world.
Wouldn't be the first time, for sure.

Mike

Yes, I'm STILL an insensitive Libertarian jerk.

1979 300SD
1980 300TD
1982 300D

"......I told you so......"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 03:42 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
RE: The world thinks conservatives are dumb

A note from Bill Well
I'm the one who posted the IQ chart correlating IQ and votes in the 2000 election. As the "humor" contributor, I am the one that tracks down amusing stories or cartoons to post here at the American Assembler.
When I posted this chart I had no idea the ruckus it would cause from both the left, who opposed conjuring up the whole IQ business, and the right, who opposed the supposed stats.
As this has gotten a bit out of hand, I feel, and the editors feel, that I should take responsibility for posting this thing and clarify my reasons and intents about using what is clearly suspect data in the first place.
It was irresponsible of me to post this chart in this format and I apologize to the American Assembler and it's readers for having done so. It was never my intent for anyone to take this seriously and I erred in judgment in not realizing that people would. Even if this chart is not a hoax, as it most probably is, it was inappropriate to post it for it is simply offensive.
I have to say that I did not invent this chart. It's been floating around for years. All I did was dress it up a bit. But I regret posting it and I regret the fallacious distraction it's caused from the real issues presented on this site. And yes, I even apologize to Republicans for implying they are stupid. Some people around here still think there's hope for you all.
I now agree with some readers, and my editors, that, while I thought this would be a bit of amusing banter, it is damaging to the credibility of the Assembler and distracting from the real issues facing our country. My attempt to mock Republicans for voting for George Bush by posting suspect IQ data was not funny or constructive.
It is not the position of the American Assembler that there is any relevance whatsoever to any attempt to correlate intelligence or academic achievement with political leanings.
Once again, please accept my apologies for bad judgment and bad taste.
Sincerely,
Bill Well
bill_well@bellsouth.net
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in