post #81 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 09:39 AM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: HA HA BUSH WINS OWNED!

...you "libertarians" still haven't addressed the very real threats to personal liberty inherent in Bush's allegiance to the American Taliban. Care to prognosticate about the impacts stemming from a judicial overhaul with regard to personal liberties?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 09:42 AM
BenzWorld Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Damn it, I keep missing my cue. My Public Libertarian Espousement quotient (PLE) review is going to be really poor this week.

Is there something you'd like me in particular to say, beyond what I already said, you know, the obvious 'Republicans suck when it comes to personal liberty, and both major parties suck when it comes to fiscal conservatism'? Or are you trying to get the other libertarians to pitch in too?
post #83 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 10:02 AM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
webwench - 11/7/2004 10:42 AM

Damn it, I keep missing my cue. My Public Libertarian Espousement quotient (PLE) review is going to be really poor this week.

Is there something you'd like me in particular to say, beyond what I already said, you know, the obvious 'Republicans suck when it comes to personal liberty, and both major parties suck when it comes to fiscal conservatism'? Or are you trying to get the other libertarians to pitch in too?
...sheesh, I should really label my intended dialogistas by name. Truth is, I don't know much about your political stances WW, so I'll just take it upon "faith" that you are a principled libertarian (small l) in every regard--so am I. I'm just the left-wing type. My rather pointed questions are directed at a few of my good "libertarian" friends, with whom I've been sparring for nearly two years. Please feel free to express your opinions at will, and without any need to add sensitivity to your already high-powered PLE meter--just remain extra vigilant of the Cato Institute though...

post #84 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 11:56 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2002
Vehicle: 04 G500

President Bush has done a lot for my country!

Republican picks no race color, creed or sex.

Republican ==> hard work that pays, even at the cost of having to involuntary taxes to pay to the liberal parasites.

Proud to be a Filipino Rebuplican. Not that I'm wealthy but strictly believe in hard work, morals and values.

Liberals wants everything for free and more. Fuck Em'

It's funny how Ferrari, Porsche, Audi, BMW and exotic car forums are predomindantly Bush supporters...then you've got the lower of the class cars, Kerry supporters. Go figure.....

My parents, and ancestors have always taught me to "go with the winners". And I did!

04' G500 (G-Wagen) Benz (sold) <== we trully miss her.
04' Range Rover <== Traded with an Audemars Piguet RG Royal Oak Montoya =)
07' BMW 750Li <== traded this in, economy is down.
--
10' Acura TL w/ Tech package. (I'm loving this new ride)
09' GL320 BlueTec Black on Black w/ Everything except the grille guard.
08' Gallardo Spyder on HRE's
post #85 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 12:28 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2002

[QUOTE]430 - 11/4/2004 6:30 PM

HAHAHAHAHA

You memebers of the far left are hilarious. Keep up this attitude, personal attacks, and lies and you will not even have enough seats left in the Senate after the next election to filibuster. Which would be bad, grid lock in government is good.

Draft, Ha!
Iraq = Vietnam, Ha!
High Unemployment, Ha! (Look at the facts)
Deficits, Look at the persentage of GDP, look at the interest rate being paid on the debt. It will hopefully begin to decrease but no governmental debt would be much worse than our current debt load.
First I hope for true tax reform (won't happen) say a flat tax or a national sales tax. Barring that lets make the tax cuts deeper and permanent. Lets privatize Social Security. Lets pass Tort Reform. I hope there is movement on issues like stem cell research. But Bush doesn't have to move towards the middle, he won re-election, he won the popular vote.[QUOTE]

430: Either you're devoid of a brain, or you listen to waaaaaaay too much Limbaugh and you've now become incapable of your own thought process.

If there is one thing that infuriates me more than anything else with regard to Bush is his complete and utter incapacity to admit mistakes or change direction. Republican's see this as a sign of strength and trust. Unfortunately it's a sign of very poor leadership, defiance and arrogance.

If you actually believe that our national debt and our trade deficit are not incredible problems facing our country then you haven't been paying attention (or you've only been getting your info from talk radio). Do you know that there are several prominent Republicans, leading economist, and the former chairman of the Federal Reserve that feel our national debt and trade deficit are unsustainable. Our trade deficit is at the highest percentage of our GDP in the history of the US. We are relying on other countries for over 40% of our debt load. Many of the same countries that we've turned our backs on.

At this point if Bush continues to "stay the course", and we continue to drive up the deficits, we are looking at possible economic collapse. I don't feel that will happen, but at the VERY least we will see high inflation, much higher taxes, no Social Security, and much higher costs of goods (housing, cars, etc). There is even speculation that oil will switch to being priced as euros and NOT dollars because OPEC nations are losing a significant amount of money with oil being priced in dollars. This is keeping the value of the dollar artificially high. What do you think will happen with our economy and our debt when foreign investors start looking elsewhere?
post #86 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 02:25 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Oct 2004

Yeah, who needs stem cells any way? I think Jesus said it best, "Fuck those who have less than you".
post #87 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 02:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430

Indy --

Sorry to disappoint you but I don't listen to Rush, Hannity or any of the other entertainers on the radio.

The economists you are qouting are they the same ones that during the Clinton years said the Boom-Bust cycle was over and it was only up from here?

Do the math on the debt to GDP ratio in real dollars you will see it is no where near the peak.

It is unsustainable if we keep the growing the debt at its current rate true, I give you that. But there are other more pressing issues. There were a number of events that conspired to run up the deficeit the last couple of years, not the least of which is both the President & Congress being unable to control their spending. It is time to slash gov't spending not increase it.

There is much more to say but have more pressing matters to work on.

Nominate a candidate that can win and is a centrist not a far left leaning politico if you actually want to have a chance to win. If there is a candidate that has the fiscal values of a true republican and the social values of a democrat they will win. But note: when I say social values I am not refering to wealth redristribution, nationalized health care, etc. I am refering to not legislating morality.
post #88 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 05:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430

Quote:
Shane - 11/5/2004 1:09 AM

Going overseas again soon. I will have to tell everyone I am from Canada again just to avoid the relentless USA bashing. Sad thing is I am also ashamed to be an american more than ever. We are supposed to be the brightest star on this planet. I see the star fading and falling behind the rest just because some corporate ceo's/policticans are smart enough to manipulate the voting public. Sad. History is full of this stuff.

I guess we will get the government we deserve. [:(]
Shane, if you are embrassed to be an American please emigrate. I have certainly not liked everything this country has done and do disagree with choices we have made (There is no country on Earth that has not made a number of decisions I disagree with). But I am proud to be an American.

I will say it again, based on your posts you just don't get it.
post #89 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-05-2004, 08:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
Shane - 11/5/2004 1:09 AM

Going overseas again soon. I will have to tell everyone I am from Canada again just to avoid the relentless USA bashing. Sad thing is I am also ashamed to be an american more than ever. We are supposed to be the brightest star on this planet. I see the star fading and falling behind the rest just because some corporate ceo's/policticans are smart enough to manipulate the voting public. Sad. History is full of this stuff.

I guess we will get the government we deserve. [:(]
Coward.
post #90 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-06-2004, 01:40 AM
BenzWorld Sponsor

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: CLK320 2005
Send a message via AIM to autoblz Send a message via MSN to autoblz

YEAH
HAIL BUSH!!!!
YOU JUST OWN KERRY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in