LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 07:04 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Nov 2002
Vehicle: 01 SLK230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: HA HA BUSH WINS OWNED!

For God's sake, use that thing between your ears! The point of the quote isn't "Republicans are Nazis". The point of the quote is "telling people they are under threat is an effective way to manipulate them". The fact that it was said by an officer of the Nazi party (who successfully manipulated a civilized, cultured populace and made them do awful things) is incidental.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 07:58 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1998 MB SLK 230
Send a message via AIM to mrfu Send a message via Yahoo to mrfu

Quote:
djbenedict - 11/4/2004 3:04 PM

For God's sake, use that thing between your ears! The point of the quote isn't "Republicans are Nazis". The point of the quote is "telling people they are under threat is an effective way to manipulate them". The fact that it was said by an officer of the Nazi party (who successfully manipulated a civilized, cultured populace and made them do awful things) is incidental.
*nodding his head in agreement*
post #33 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 08:14 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Jun 2004
Vehicle: SLK in brilli silver
Send a message via AIM to Miked619 Send a message via MSN to Miked619

Quote:
430 - 11/3/2004 3:41 PM

First off Congrats to Bush. Not a huge fan but he was by far the lesser of 2 evils.

I applaud Kerry for his handling of the concession and not wrapping this thing up in the courts.

Lastly I am sorry but you are a Moron if you believe the Draft will be enacted. You have been brain washed by the unfounded rumors on the net and from the far left. If you stop and think about it you will realize why it wont happen. Yes the troops are spread a bit thin but there is no compelling reason for a draft. Yes, Bush can't be president again but if he enacted the draft how many seats in congress do you think the republicans would lose? How long do you think it would be before we had another Republican Pres? Do you really think Bush would want his legacy to be that of the pres that brought back the draft? Just stop and think about it.
Hey why do you feel the need to insult me? Im not gonna engage on this crap again at all. You can call me a moron if in fact he has not done it in the next four years, until then TRY to repect me, it might be a challenge not to lash out against someone who has a different view. I also though retain the right to call you a moron when he does do it.
post #34 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 10:34 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: SLK 350
RE: HA HA HA HA HA BUSH WINS OWNED!

Quote:
Indy Joe - 11/3/2004 8:46 PM

If you two, and the majority of Bush supporters, only had half a clue. Please open your minds and stop acting like lemmings.
I am not a Bush supporter, but I love the hypocritical, fallacious logic here: "I'm labeling a large group of people as not having 'half a clue' and yet I am not the one who needs to open my mind . . . "

[:P]

2005 SLK 350
post #35 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 10:36 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: SLK32, ML430

Cvayala -- Thanks for the definitions. But I am not the guy who did not know what owned meant.

Miked619 -- Not meant as a personal attack. I am just in disbelief that anyone would buy into the BS about the draft. I think if anyone steps back and looks at it objectivly they will see that 'that dog won't hunt'.

For those people that think votes for Bush were simply because of the war you are sadly mistaken. I do not know anyone who voted for Bush because of one issue (unless you count a vote against Kerry as a single issue). In fact there are a lot of people that voted for Bush that do not agree with the handling of the war in Iraq.

Taxes, Health Care, Defense, Tort Reform, Clarity of position are among the reasons for voting against Kerry.

The US not integrated? It is integrated more than any other country. Most of us work in very diverse companies, live in diverse neighborhoods, have friends of different colors, religions, backgrounds and from different countries. Do we have problems? Sure we have a ways to go.

I have not seen anyone on this board attack someone as being a traitor or not patriotic because they support Bush or don't like Kerry. What I do see is a lot of attacks and rants from those who supported Kerry.

Indy Joe -- I just finished laughing about your post that I read last night. There are so many 1/2 truths, spins, and skews in your post I just would not even know where to start. Here is a question for you: How many US elections have had UN Observers? Ponder the answer to see the spins in your post.
post #36 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 12:04 PM
BenzWorld Member

430, excellent post, I heartily agree.
post #37 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 12:08 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Vehicle: 1980 280e

Conservatives suck. Neoconservatives will rule us with fear, so they suck more than regular white trash errr I mean conservatives.
post #38 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 12:11 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
djbenedict - 11/4/2004 9:04 AM

Ooooh, its just incidental. Riiiight. How disingenuous of you. If it is just incidental, why include it as a quote? You atempt to make an argument by analogy and then argue that your analogy fails?

We're not racially integrated? Perhaps you can point to how thoroughly mixed the races have become in your country as an example. In our most recent census and the next one, the most contentious issue was how to typify mixed-race people. If the large number of mixed-race people is a problem for enumeration, then it must be sufficiently common to cause a problem. I think that's just about the ultimate mixing. Now go tell all the mixed race children out there that they don't count.

I use the thing between my ears for reason and thought. What do you use yours for, really?
post #39 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 12:14 PM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Aug 2002

ilikemercedes, that is a good attitude. Keep it. It will insure the dems will remain the party out of power for at least a generation. Thanks.

...oh, and PLEASE run Hitlary in 2008. PLEEEEEEEEZE!

'01 SLK 320 6MT Silver-Charcoal 6CD-Heated Seats (hers)
'08 Corvette 6.2L - 430hp 6MT silver Coupe (mine)
post #40 of 98 (permalink) Old 11-04-2004, 12:15 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Vehicle: 1980 280e

^OK I'll do that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in