post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 06:50 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 89 300E
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The Lessor Of Two Evils

Contrary to some beliefs, I am NOT a blind Bush believer. I am in fact a registered Democrat. I didn't support Gore but I did not vote against him. I didn't think Bush was capable of rising to the task of destroying guerilla enemies of the U.S. He surprized me on that one. That alone doesn't make him the right man to lead the free world.
That said I cannot support my party's candidate this go round. Here's the SIMPLE reason. Kerry is running a negative campaign. EVERY sentence of EVERY speech begins with "This Administration's FAILURE............."
O.K. I got it a long time ago. Now, instead of whinning about what Bush has done, ignored, lied about, misunderstood, blah blah blah, why hasn't he offered a POSITIVE outlook on what MORE could be accomplished. His constant banter sometimes borders on treason. I would vote for Kerry in a minute if I thought his vision would benefit my country. So far the only vision I've seen from him is tunnel vision from focusing on the perceived weakness of his opponent. Gimme a REASON to vote Democrat instead of a reason NOT to vote Republican! I WILL vote against someone who sees no positive aspects of AMERICA.

"The above post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Cap'n Carageous nor this forum. It may be presented as an attempt at humor or as a quote or paraphrase from another author. Any feelings hurt by this post are the responsibility of the reader. No animals were harmed in the making of this post." Member F.D.I.C. Tax tag and title extra.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 07:21 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
RE: The Lessor Of Two Evils

You are right. It is easy to criticize someone doing Monday morning quaterbacking. Anyone can see that Kerry is taking cheap shots to win votes. He's got his good points but he needed to connect with the American people. If he loses, it's because he was too busy trash talking the oppossing candidate. Much like his followers on this forum do.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
American - 10/31/2004 9:21 PM

Anyone can see that Kerry is taking cheap shots to win votes.
I wish that were the case. The sad truth is that we have a lot of people that CANNOT see that!! They are blinded by the light.

"The above post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Cap'n Carageous nor this forum. It may be presented as an attempt at humor or as a quote or paraphrase from another author. Any feelings hurt by this post are the responsibility of the reader. No animals were harmed in the making of this post." Member F.D.I.C. Tax tag and title extra.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 07:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Cap n Carageous - 10/31/2004 8:50 PM

Contrary to some beliefs, I am NOT a blind Bush believer. I am in fact a registered Democrat. I didn't support Gore but I did not vote against him. I didn't think Bush was capable of rising to the task of destroying guerilla enemies of the U.S. He surprized me on that one. That alone doesn't make him the right man to lead the free world.
That said I cannot support my party's candidate this go round. Here's the SIMPLE reason. Kerry is running a negative campaign. EVERY sentence of EVERY speech begins with "This Administration's FAILURE............."
O.K. I got it a long time ago. Now, instead of whinning about what Bush has done, ignored, lied about, misunderstood, blah blah blah, why hasn't he offered a POSITIVE outlook on what MORE could be accomplished. His constant banter sometimes borders on treason. I would vote for Kerry in a minute if I thought his vision would benefit my country. So far the only vision I've seen from him is tunnel vision from focusing on the perceived weakness of his opponent. Gimme a REASON to vote Democrat instead of a reason NOT to vote Republican! I WILL vote against someone who sees no positive aspects of AMERICA.
The Democrats don't need bigots like you, in fact, I think you are a lying piece of shit.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
kvining - 10/31/2004 9:30 PM

The Democrats need patriots like you, in fact, I think you are a shinning example of what this country needs!!
Kurk, you're just too kind!!![:I]

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 09:00 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Carp'n,

Aren't you the guy who corrects everyone's spelling and diction around here, making snide comments about their poorly developed skills? What's with the title of this thread?

And, while I will restrain myself somewhat compared to Kirk, although I understand his point, I think you have proven to be the most insincere person posting here. At least the other guys I disagree with have a single personality and a point of view they think they understand.

Try turning your argument against Kerry around and examine the opposition. All I ever hear Bush say is that Kerry is the most liberal Senator from that most liberal of States, Massachusetts. Or he repeats portions Kerry's speeches completely out of context.

Neither candidate has been running a high road campaign, but suggesting Kerry's has less substance than Bush's is an indication of a hearing disorder. Or a listening disorder, something Bush seems to have a severe case of himself.

Good luck Tuesday, I hope you figure out who you are by then and vote accordingly. Jim
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 10:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 10/31/2004 9:30 PM

Quote:
Cap n Carageous - 10/31/2004 8:50 PM

The Democrats don't need bigots like you, in fact, I think you are a lying piece of shit.
Wow, that takes the elegant argument award.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 10:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

A long drawn out essay was unnecessary.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 02:21 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 1965 220S, 1999 Volvo V70 (wagon), 2006 Ford Crown Vic Police Interceptor, 72 350SL 4 Speed
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I wasn't aware that evil was for rent.

Near Manassas Va. '65 220S, 2006 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor, '99 Volvo V70, '72 350SL 4 speed

Not part of the in-crowd since 1952. It's BRAKES not breaks. You break a bone, use brakes to stop your car. /rant

http://www.megamanual.com/index.html
http://www.bgsoflex.com/megasquirt.html
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
wbain - 11/1/2004 4:21 AM

I wasn't aware that evil was for rent.
I wondered how long it would take before someone noticed that! [:D]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in