post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 09:42 PM
BenzWorld Veteran

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1982 300SD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Kerry's non-honorable discharge

Kirk,
I can't tell if you really believe the spin you post, or are you just fanning the flames.
In any event, the election is tomorrow. HOPEFULLY, ( i.e. as in full of hope) the issue will be resolved and we can all move on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1989 420sel
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
kvining - 11/1/2004 10:31 PM

were cordononed off from the rest of Saddam's aresenal because they are of a type used to detonate nuclear weapons.
Wait! You, and others, have said that there were no WMDs in Iraq. I guess I missed something - these materials are used for WMDs - nuclear weapons. If no WMDs, or plans for some, then why were these materials in Iraq?
Hmmmmm...

Quote:
kvining - 11/1/2004 10:31 PM
Kerry served his country honorably
And I have a lot of trouble with that. Hanoi Jane was seriously looked at for criminal actions, and your boy Kerry was her right hand man. If it weren't for the Kennedy influence... But the last sentance is just my opinion...
Three Purple Hearts for injuries and missed only one day? Speculation that one was self-inflicted... He won't release his records... Etc, etc, etc.

Too many unanswered issues. Yeah, people change - but core personalities don't. The past does have a reflection on the future.

91 BMW 325i Cabrio - "Tasha"
89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 09:53 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I simply can't get that worked up over Kerry's post Nam activities. I lived during that time, and people on both sides had valid points and felt they were doing the right thing. It was a war not much different than this.

To you and guage trying to tie the 350 tons of explosives to WMDs, they were part of an effort by Saddam in the late 80s to build nukes, which we stopped and which the UN kept stopped. He never possessed these explosives after 1991. If you see the video tape taken by a TV crew a week after Saddam was toppled, they still had the UN seals on them. Of course, after that, they disappeared.
post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 09:55 PM
BenzWorld Member

"To you and guage trying to tie the 350 tons of explosives to WMDs, they were part of an effort by Saddam in the late 80s to build nukes, which we stopped and which the UN kept stopped. He never possessed these explosives after 1991. If you see the video tape taken by a TV crew a week after Saddam was toppled, they still had the UN seals on them. Of course, after that, they disappeared."

If you believe that I know someone who's got some land for sale over the internet. Give us a break.
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1989 420sel
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
kvining - 11/1/2004 10:53 PM
which we stopped and which the UN kept stopped.
That cannot be, and never has been, proved. Saddam moved materials around so much that the UN could never accurately keep up with them. Even the UN head guy admitted so. If necessary, I've find the relevant documents.

Quote:
To you and guage trying to tie the 350 tons of explosives to WMDs,... Of course, after that, they disappeared.
And that's still up in the air... Nothing has ever been proven beyond a reasonable doubt...

91 BMW 325i Cabrio - "Tasha"
89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2004, 10:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

Quote:
jamminjames - 11/1/2004 10:05 PM

Quote:
which we stopped and which the UN kept stopped.
That cannot be, and never has been, proved. Saddam moved materials around so much that the UN could never accurately keep up with them. Even the UN head guy admitted so. If necessary, I've find the relevant documents.

Quote:
To you and guage trying to tie the 350 tons of explosives to WMDs,... Of course, after that, they disappeared.
And that's still up in the air... Nothing has ever been proven beyond a reasonable doubt...
You folks just don't get it. Use your head. Saddam didn't have the weapons anymore, they were tagged and guarded by the UN. When we arrived, we chased out the UN, and the weapons were looted because we had bigger fish to fry apparently. I realize there might be a slight nuance in this reality, but suspend your black/white views just a little, and you might see it.

All the proof you need is the videotape. All the news storys are proving right on this one - there is no Bush-bs that can refute it, so stop trying to do it all yourself.

OBK #35

post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 11:28 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
kvining - 11/1/2004 1:27 AM

I know, but I just love to post that GIF of Kerry volunteering for Nam while George chikens out. I think it says it all.

After an application for a 12-month deferment to study in Paris was denied, Kerry volunteered for service and enlisted in the United States Naval Reserves [3]
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 11:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

While Bush chickened out.
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 03:25 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: 1988 420SEL

If you think running around on a small Naval boat for a few months makes a guy a "military expert" and able to be the be all end all on military issues, you are stupider than you seem to be.....

Shoot Low Boys, They're Riding Shetland Ponies
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-02-2004, 03:36 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

You're right -- it doesn't -- not even close. Neither candidate is a "military expert", and I think that's a good thing. I really don't want a military expert running the country.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in