Vote Kerry and the Terrorists think they WON the war! - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 12:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Sep 2004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: Vote Kerry and the Terrorists think they WON the war!

Quote:
Botnst - 10/31/2004 12:36 PM

Lets go over the failure in Afghanistan.

Al Queda training camps are gone.

Al Queda is gone except for the border region.

Taliban is history--resulting in no more beheading of women who work in professional jobs or chose a secular life.

Girls return to school.

Mine clearing, a tragic plague for decades, is proceding.

The country defied Taliban and Al Queda threats to carry-out the first free elections in Afghan history, results widely accepted by the population an dthe various candidates.

Warlords are still a problem but are beginning to work for security arrangements.

Afghan national army is not yet strong enough to confront the warlords, but that is the expectation eventually. Some warlords have actively supported this effort. The hope is that as the national army gains strength the warlords and people will look to the national army for security--not warlords and not US armed forces.

Now if we could just get the tight-ass NATO members to leave their garrison forts and to follow-through on their financial and infrastructural commitments........

Next we'll describe the failure in Iraq, in which a murdering family-run governmnet was deposed and the people are beginning to control their own destiny for the first time in history.

The world would benefit from more failures like these around the planet. Love to see a failure like these in Syria and North Korea and Iran, for example.
Thanks for posting those facts Botnst. I can see you are a well educated individual like me that makes informed decisions. I enjoy reading from members who are not so emotional and bias. I am not discounting the others but when they make personal attacks they lost me as another member of their audience.

Personal attacking will get you nowhere K. As soon as I read that I stopped reading the rest of your posts again for a good while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 12:43 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
American - 10/31/2004 11:23 AM
Thanks for posting those facts Botnst. I can see you are a well educated individual like me that makes informed decisions.
You are a trip. I don't even think Sp0ck had conversations with himself (well, at least not online)... BTW, what happened to RUDP -- on vacation? [:D]

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #43 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

You are becoming insulting and rude and should apologize. If you are suggesting that I am Botnst, I suggest you check your facts. Do you really think people that are uppossed to your apparent collective opinion are so few that they have to replicate themselves? This board is getting rediculous. Keep this kind of distraction and unproductive banter going and I am out.

Back to the subject. I simply agree with Botnst opinion because the guy seems unbias and backs up the facts. I am finding your distractions and opinions further and further from that giving you less credibility each time.
post #44 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:04 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
American - 10/31/2004 11:55 AM

You are becoming insulting and rude and should apologize. If you are suggesting that I am Botnst, I suggest you check your facts.
I already did. Keep it coming -- you're a scream! [:D]

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #45 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 10/31/2004 12:53 PM

While you're looking at the trees, Bin Laden sees the forest...
While you're looking for reasons to howl defiantly at the moon, I look for ways to visit it.
post #46 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
RE: Fact skimmer v2.0

[/QUOTE]
Mine clearing, a tragic plague for decades, is proceding.

Your tax dollars at work...selling, then cleaning up mines, yet Afghan civilians continue to "foot" the bill.
[/QUOTE]

We did not sell mines in Afghanistan. As a general rule, the USA does not sell landmines. Look it up. Its mostly former Warsaw Pact and Sovient states with a few jokers like N. Korea and Italy thrown in.

The rest of what you assert is interesting, but essentially opinion. That's fine, I have opinions, you have opinions, my dog has opinions.
post #47 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:47 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
Botnst - 10/31/2004 12:18 PM

While you're looking for reasons to howl defiantly at the moon, I look for ways to visit it.
Yes, you and Lance Bass. [;)]

post #48 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:49 PM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

I'll have to double-check your assertions regarding the mines, but my "opinions" are based on daily news streams from the US' second newest narco-territory. If you've got a new and improved method to spin $h!t into gold, then get a patent quick. Otherwise, those rose-colored glasses are a fashion faux-pas...a bit outre really.
post #49 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Member

(Thread Starter)

They know Kerry will pull out and never pre-emtive strike.
post #50 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 09:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
American - 10/31/2004 7:31 PM

They know Kerry will pull out and never pre-emtive strike.
American,

You got this wrong. The terrorists alread struck us. That happened on 9/11. Striking terrorists cannot be preemtive. Whacking people who did not attack us because we thought they were contemplating that is a preemtive strike. We have not finished the job of getting bastards who struck us. We have no business conducting preemtive strikes. We need to get the bastards back who got us first. Once that is done, we can look at where else to strike.

Oh, yeah. We already preemtively struck Iraq, who had nothing to do with 9/11. What the hell was that for? Oh yeah, it was all about oil. I didn't jump to that conclusion, I was led there by Bot. He thinks oil is a great reason to preemtively strike a weak nation, and apparently under the cover of anything that flies. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in