Vote Kerry and the Terrorists think they WON the war! - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:23 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1989 420sel
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: Vote Kerry and the Terrorists think they WON the war!

Quote:
mzsmbs - 10/30/2004 10:34 PM

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 10/30/2004 10:30 PM

Kerry was a soldier? Funniest post I've read in a long time. Lets get this right. John Kerry is a coward and a traitor to his country. John Kerry should have been breaking rocks in Leavenworth for the last 20 years, not masquerading as a U.S. Senator.
at least he didn't go AWOL like your cowboy.
So I guess you're not refutting MrT's comment?

91 BMW 325i Cabrio - "Tasha"
89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

yes i am. not funny at all....

in political asylum
post #23 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:32 AM
BenzWorld Member

The thing that really bothers me about Kerry and Vietnam - he gets out early on a technicality (three wounds/purple hearts with only one day off...), comes back and joins Hanoi Jane. Then proceeds to block efforts to get our POW/KIA home from North Vietnam which leaves the POWs there to die - all so his cousin, of Colliers International could rake in some major bucks with real estate transactions with that very same North Vietnam...
Why do you think he won't let you see his Military service or medical records... Dare to speculate?

Now who does that sound like? But you don't want to remember that.

I can back up all the facts stated above - most of them were said by Kerry himself.

Now my speculation - Kerry idolized the Kennedys and was in good with them - How do you think he got away with what he did and was able to move up the political ladder so quickly? It sure wasn't because of his exemplary work - he was never there.

89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
post #24 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:40 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
mzsmbs - 10/31/2004 2:27 AM

I got a chuckle...[:D]

C'mon, lighten up. I'm sure you can be a smart-a$$ sometimes. And if the situation was reversed - you wouldn't have done the same thing?[:0]

89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
post #25 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
jamminjames - 10/31/2004 2:40 AM

Quote:
mzsmbs - 10/31/2004 2:27 AM

I got a chuckle...[:D]

C'mon, lighten up. I'm sure you can be a smart-a$$ sometimes. And if the situation was reversed - you wouldn't have done the same thing?[:0]
that was me being lite. [:D] it just doesn't come through the key board very well. it's freakin' early...

later

booooo!

in political asylum
post #26 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 01:54 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 10/31/2004 1:26 AM

I was fascinated by the Viet Nam war as a youngster. Unfortunately, I missed being able to go by a couple of years. If not, I would have been there in a nano-second., and let me tell you that I would have made a significant contribution. In my mind, anyway. Instead I got to see footage of us pushing off heavy equipment into the sea, turning tail and saying "nevermind".

Tis more the pity

Forum killa

You have been banned for the following reason:
insulting mod

Date the ban will be lifted: Never
post #27 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 02:11 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
jamminjames - 10/31/2004 3:32 AM

The thing that really bothers me about Kerry and Vietnam - he gets out early on a technicality (three wounds/purple hearts with only one day off...), comes back and joins Hanoi Jane. Then proceeds to block efforts to get our POW/KIA home from North Vietnam which leaves the POWs there to die - all so his cousin, of Colliers International could rake in some major bucks with real estate transactions with that very same North Vietnam...
Why do you think he won't let you see his Military service or medical records... Dare to speculate?

Now who does that sound like? But you don't want to remember that.

I can back up all the facts stated above - most of them were said by Kerry himself.

Now my speculation - Kerry idolized the Kennedys and was in good with them - How do you think he got away with what he did and was able to move up the political ladder so quickly? It sure wasn't because of his exemplary work - he was never there.
We have been down this road before. I tried to get you to explain why you felt Kerry prevented POWs from coming home, and you cited nothing but innuendo and opinions from other sources that were clear distortions. There is no evidence that you cited last time to lend any credibility to the claim Kerry blocked any POWs or MIAs from getting home. There is plenty of evidence he prevented more POWs from being added to the ones that already existed at the end of the war, by helping end it as soon as it was ended.

And the real estate deal you are referencing took place over 20 years after the Vietnam War ended, which also lends no credence to your claim. You never cited any evidence there was anything "fishy" about the deal, no other businesses complained, and no investigations by any international agencies were initiated. And no one waits 20 years for an investment to mature these days. Companies that do that don't exist when the time comes to cash in.

Kerry got wounded because he went there. The President skipped out with his connections, which are largely to blame for his present position. A much clearer and obvious trail of special favors, from being able to skip the draft, dodge duty in the National Guard, run a few businesses into the ground, become a State Governor, and then President. How come that doesn't offend you?

If you have new information, let it fly. Jim
post #28 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 06:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

One more time to Vietnam. Haven't we been there enough times?

And the NG deal is bogus, get over it.

post #29 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 08:51 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 10/31/2004 8:49 AM

One more time to Vietnam. Haven't we been there enough times?

And the NG deal is bogus, get over it.
I agree. Vietnam is over and done with, let it be!

However, while I think the "NG deal" may be next to irrelevant in the Grand Scheme of Things, there is much evidence our President was not there when he was supposed to be, failed to maintain his status as a pilot because he unilaterally redefined his contract with the US military which was strictly against their policy, was not penalized for this while others who did the same were, was admitted into the NG because of his family ties to begin with and has misrepresented the facts surrounding all this.

I agree, though, who really cares. A lot like the Lewinski Blow Job, just no Grand Jury, yet. We should all get over the fact he never stepped up and defended the country in the war. Many of us didn't and were lucky enough to get away with not having to do something conspicuous to avoid that fate. That George's method is apparent today doesn't distinguish him by showing unusual valor, it actually makes him more like one of the guys, one of the huge number of us that are not President, for good reason. What he is doing today is more important and much more concerning to me. It convinces me he is like all those other regular guys who should not, and are not, President. Jim
post #30 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 09:00 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Nothing like the BJ--there was no lie, no Grand Jury, no illegality, nothing. Just a buncha folks trying to build something from nothing. I'll bet that most folks' service records from 100 yrs to 30 years ago are incomplete or missing or misplaced. paperwork has a way of doing that. When I got out of teh service we were strongly encouraged to request a verification of VA eligibility as that would help insure completeness of records. Betherass I did that on separation. As records migrated to electronic form they became more rigorously stored and verifiable. I'll bet everybody from say, mid-1980's to the present has very complete records.

Its just such a trivial, bogus, inconsequential non-issue. The only folks who find it important are people who are looking for any hint or sniff or rumor of anything improper. Look in a mirror. What's the diff between you and Swiftie?

get over it. MoveOn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in