Vote Kerry and the Terrorists think they WON the war! - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 08:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
RE: Vote Kerry and the Terrorists think they WON the war!

Quote:
Scienceisreligion - 10/30/2004 10:29 PM

....... - Kvning

The above dots represent the important portion of his statement. What vin doesnt know is more and more people probably ignore his posts and deciding to vote for the other side. I think you are a loser, leading your family into the draft by opening your mouth or your type. Best thing you can do is shut up if you are serious.
I don't think I quite believe you on this one. You and a few others seem obsessed with Mr. Vining's posts, and your shouts for him to be silent are sounding somewhat desperate. When someone bugs me I learned a long time ago to ignore them. If you really want to prove no one reads Mr. Vining's posts, how about ignoring him? If you don't respond, and all those people out there making up the "silent majority" don't respond with you, then eventually Mr. Vining will get bored and stop posting.

Anyway, I prefer his thoughtful posts over your screeching about them. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 08:42 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

It really does amaze me how much control kvining effortlessly wields over the lives of a handful of posters here. It reminds me of an old girlfriend of mine, who despite a phobia of snakes, couldn't take her eyes off the object of her fear.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i think Kerry has been pretty steadfast about telling us that he'd be getting OBL and thus he seems to have his focus on the right target. since he was a soldier i'd think he'd do a better in Irq too.

and he'd do better in a whole slew of other issues. of course with republican congress it would be pretty subdued but i don't mind that. kerry in the white house would give some check/balance to the gov.

in political asylum
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:20 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 10/30/2004 10:42 PM

It reminds me of an old girlfriend of mine, who despite a phobia of snakes, couldn't take her eyes off the object of her fear.
should of kept it in you're pants
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Kerry was a soldier? Funniest post I've read in a long time. Lets get this right. John Kerry is a coward and a traitor to his country. John Kerry should have been breaking rocks in Leavenworth for the last 20 years, not masquerading as a U.S. Senator.
post #16 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1972 Mercedes 250 (/8) W114/M130
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 10/30/2004 10:30 PM

Kerry was a soldier? Funniest post I've read in a long time. Lets get this right. John Kerry is a coward and a traitor to his country. John Kerry should have been breaking rocks in Leavenworth for the last 20 years, not masquerading as a U.S. Senator.
at least he didn't go AWOL like your cowboy.

in political asylum
post #17 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:39 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: May 2004
Vehicle: 1989 420sel

Quote:
GermanStar - 10/30/2004 9:42 PM

It really does amaze me how much control kvining effortlessly wields over the lives of a handful of posters here. It reminds me of an old girlfriend of mine, who despite a phobia of snakes, couldn't take her eyes off the object of her fear.
Yeah, I read his post - and get a chuckle every time. For the most part I say things to him to get him riled up. And it works.
The other part is there might be someone out there who just might be taken in with his "screaming". So some of us just try to balance things out a bit. Notice I said try; I don't think the "others" combined postings could equal the number he has done.

But your right, he helps the Repulican side more than we ever could...

91 BMW 325i Cabrio - "Tasha"
89 MB 420sel - "Helga"
post #18 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 09:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
MRTIKKET - 10/30/2004 11:30 PM

Every so often I think you are human but with a peculiar sense of humor. Then you say something that just doesn't fit within the range of anything humorous, no matter how you look at it. I think you mean all this stuff. And then, all I can say is Wow!

In this case, please make it clear why you think going to Vietnam, serving there and forget the medals BS, coming back and becoming an activist against the war, helping end it, thereby saving untold thousands of American lives adds up to "coward and a traitor" in your estimation.

If you are going to argue Kerry accused others of committing crimes in testimony to the Senate, please read carefully what he said. If you are going to rail against him because he protested the war, remember this war was ended after more than 50,000 Americans were killed and hundreds of thousands injured; maimed physically and psychologically. We did not win, we just ended the war by deciding to quit, and nothing bad happened. No Domino Theory Commie take over of Asia and then attacks on America.

It was a war, like the one in Iraq, that was started for reasons that made no sense. Commie boogie man BS that never materialized because we were never really threatened. If you think ending the Vietnam war as soon as possible was wrong, please explain what good you thought has been lost by ending it when we did.

Based on your previous posts, I thought maybe you thought he was Black or Hispanic for a moment.

Jim
post #19 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 12:26 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2004

Much of what you said is true. We had no idea what we were in for when we went into Viet Nam. In many respects it was a poorly waged war on our part. The military high command was not given the means to effectively win. Our retreat was shameful, and one of the saddest things in my memory. We accomplished nothing, thanks to the media and the kumbaya crowd. In my world, we still owe the North Vietnamese a severe beating. I'm sitting here watching Senator Kerry and his wife on Larry King. He talks at great length and says nothing, even with King's softball questions.

Listen, he should have come back from Viet Nam, and told Congress that we didn't wage an effective war and that we needed to go at Charlie full bore,. He should not have spoken to Communist officials in French meetings, he should not have gone to peace rallies, he should not have thrown medals or ribbons or whatever in some symbolic gesture.

I was fascinated by the Viet Nam war as a youngster. Unfortunately, I missed being able to go by a couple of years. If not, I would have been there in a nano-second., and let me tell you that I would have made a significant contribution. In my mind, anyway. Instead I got to see footage of us pushing off heavy equipment into the sea, turning tail and saying "nevermind".

Another thing, why is it that John Kerry has seemingly talked up his bravado, medals etc forever, and seems to have a daily accounting of everything he did in Viet Nam on every day he was there?
Sheesh, I bet he could give you an answer on what he had for dinner on any given day. Contrast this to many patriotic vets, who just don't want to talk about it and keep their medals in their sock drawers.

I find him to be very insincere. I bet he has a weak handshake too, a companion to insincerity.
post #20 of 69 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 12:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vietnam was never a threat to the United States. As such, there was nothing to beat or overcome there. It was a nation going through a change from an ancient culture and form of government to a modern one, with lots of interference from the Commies and the West. They only wanted and needed to be left alone. Why on earth do we owe them a severe beating now? We never did. They just defended their right to decide how they would live against our interference. We don't owe them anything but our best treatment of a decent trading partner and non-hostile nation.

Get over the fact that we were wrong and had to acknowledge it and leave, and Kerry and the other war protesters helped bring our government to that realization.

Once you get over romanticizing war, and especially the Vietnam War, you will be able to see a little clearer. Kerry was doing the right thing. He probably saved your life. Dying in Vietnam would have accomplished nothing, but we would have expended more lives and more money had the American people allowed it. They didn't and that speaks loudly about what makes America the great nation it is. By the people and for the people. Not Republicans or Democrats. Us. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in