BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
RE: new Bin Laden video released

Quote:
mzsmbs - 10/30/2004 1:40 PM

we ain't gonna get him with hope. we need to be more pro-active. he should be of prime concern.
Prime concern? Nah. Tertiary concern perhaps.

Of prime concern is detecting and stopping active terror plots. Then active terror cells. Then leadership, including but not limited to Bin Laden.

Al Queda is NOT a strict organization, its a loose confederation. It has no central leadership corps. This has advantages for Al Queda but also significant disadvantages.

The best way to get them is not with regular army or police forces but by clandestine action. Generally, best thing to do is to take those guys out and never publicize either success or failure. Being a difuse network without strong lines of command and control, lack of communication between cells due to action may not be detected immediately, allowing a broader round-up of the connected cells. Politicians have a hard time keeping their mouths shut and news agencies, quite rightly, have a duty to publish what they can. This makes clandestine activity really difficult, but it is still the best option.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 12:36 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

I don't know -- don't you think al-Zawahiri and bin Laden have become Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? These guys have got to go -- think big picture here...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 01:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
GermanStar - 10/30/2004 2:36 PM

I don't know -- don't you think al-Zawahiri and bin Laden have become Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid? These guys have got to go -- think big picture here...
Butch and Sundance? I don't see the analogy. I think "Che!" might be more appropriate. Yeah, they got Che! in the end but he had already lost any value as a revolutionary commander because of concerted effort to stop the communist insurrections throughout S. Am. Che! was a much more effective and potent symbol in death than he ever was in life.

The same will likely be true of Osama! when they finally kill him. The worst thing that could happen (aside from him getting away completely) would be for Osama! to be publicly tried in some court. The next-worst scenario would for Osama! to die openly in battle in a place known to lots of people. Pilgimages, etc. Not good.

The best end for him would be to die quietly in the dark, unknown to anybody for several months or a year or so. Then show-up with a picture of his body and some DNA. Then tell everybody it was a nameless cave somewhere in the Hindu Kush. No pilgrims, no date for celebration. Anonymous death in a lost grave.
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 02:31 PM
BenzWorld Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

"The longer these guys live, the more compelling the example for young terrorist wannabes. The only way to eliminate folk heroes is to snuff them out -- quickly and dramatically. It's well worth the effort."

True.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 02:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Botnst - 10/29/2004 9:48 PM

Quote:
Zeitgeist - 10/29/2004 4:55 PM

The only logical thing we can conclude is that Osama wants Nader to win. Come on think about it, he's a fellow Arab, AND he hates both Democrats and Republicans. Clearly a vote for Nader is a vote for Osama...
I like the talking head who said that he wouldn't have been surprised had the Osama portion been followed by, "I'm George Bush, and I approved this message."

Of course, if you're of the Michael Moore school of conspiracy theorists, there has always been collusion between the Bin Ladens and Bush's so this is ol' Osama just helpin' his pals.

BTW, Kerry said exactly the right thing in response.
Good ol' Drudge!

CRONKITE: KARL ROVE BEHIND BIN LADEN TAPE
Sat Oct 30 2004 16:31:19 ET

Former CBSNEWS anchorman Walter Cronkite believes Bush adviser Karl Rove is possibly behind the new Bin Laden tape.

Cronkite made the startling comments late Friday during an interview on CNN.

Cronkite said he is "inclined to think that Karl Rove, the political manager at the White House, who is a very clever man, he probably set up bin Laden to this thing."

Interviewer Larry King did not ask Cronkite to elaborate on the provocative election eve accusation.

Developing...

post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 03:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Drudge has put out false report after false report on thse "Developing..." bylines all week. I wouldn't believe a word of it. Its just crap for right wing consumption.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 03:22 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Quote:
kvining - 10/30/2004 5:19 PM

Drudge has put out false report after false report on thse "Developing..." bylines all week. I wouldn't believe a word of it. Its just crap for right wing consumption.

YOU DO THE SAME HERE
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 03:38 PM
BenzWorld Elite

From the guy who posts phony letters from GIs, that just taunts the living shit out of me.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-30-2004, 03:44 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)

Where is that 300% tuitions raise at? In Houston
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 07:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
guage - 10/30/2004 5:44 PM

Where is that 300% tuitions raise at? In Houston
The cost of a college semester for one of my kids went around $300 to around $1200. The fees you posted are only part of it. Do you have any kids in college?
I doubt it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in