The finest person that could be found for Secty of State under M. Kerry is.... - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
RE: The finest person that could be found for Secty of State under M. Kerry is....

Quote:
GermanStar - 10/29/2004 10:35 AM

Quote:
Botnst - 10/29/2004 4:55 AM

Did Mr Biden intentionally misrepresent a speech given by somebody else, as his own? What do you call a proven act of intentional misrepresentation?
So, we've finally found a misrepresentation you're willing to call a lie. Personally, I would characterize plagiarism as a theft rather than a lie, but to each his own. In any case, ever heard of speech-writers? Might you concede the possibility that the man was victimized by one of his employees?
If the evidence is unambiguous....

Have you ever heard of taking responsibility for your speech? Unless one is a freaking parrot or a fool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 10:34 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: The finest person that could be found for Secty of State under M. Kerry is....

Quote:
Botnst - 10/29/2004 9:17 AM

If the evidence is unambiguous....

Have you ever heard of taking responsibility for your speech? Unless one is a freaking parrot or a fool.
Again, plagiarism is theft rather than prevarication, but I agree, people should take responsibility for their staff, rather like a POTUS taking responsibility for the mis-characterizations of his administration. Your lie is my ooops, my lie is your ooops.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Oh, .... so its a matter of interpretation, not fact?
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 11:12 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 10/29/2004 9:53 AM

Well not to me... If someone in a role of accountability and responsibility puts forth information as fact, which he or members of his staff know to be ambiguous or false, then that qualifies as a lie.

In regard to Mr. Biden, do you know all the facts, or are you jumping to a conclusion based upon the information at hand? Personally, I rather doubt that he personally plagerized an exisiting speech, but he does bear responsibilty for the actions of his staff.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 11:21 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
GermanStar - 10/29/2004 1:12 PM

Quote:
Botnst - 10/29/2004 9:53 AM

Well not to me... If someone in a role of accountability and responsibility puts forth information as fact, which he or members of his staff know to be ambiguous or false, then that qualifies as a lie.

In regard to Mr. Biden, do you know all the facts, or are you jumping to a conclusion based upon the information at hand? Personally, I rather doubt that he personally plagerized an exisiting speech, but he does bear responsibilty for the actions of his staff.
I have no idea about the circumstances concerning Mr Biden's demonstrated plaigerism. It may be perfect innocence on his part, which means that he's merely and easy dupe to a lazy speechwriter. There may be otehr circumstances, I don't know about. I personally have enjoyed Biden when he's working the analytic bipartisanship angle. When he goes all wacky partisan I see no difference between him and Ashcroft. F**k'em both. It surprises me that M. Kerry would select somebody tainted with scandal. That being the case, why not as Kennedy? Any Kennedy?

I thought for a moment we had reach agreement on perception's role in asserting veracity. Agreement eludes us still.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 11:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

If your worried about people who are merely easily duped, you better vote for Kerry, because you just described your president, not to mention the idiot photograph waving UN spectcle current Secretary of State, who has the word DUPED tattoed on his forehead.

This incident happened in 1987, and was part of a political campaign. If thats the best dirt you can dig on him, I give him a pass. He is extremley respected in the Senate on both sides, is known for staying out of the partisan rancor and building coalitions with Republicans like Lugar and Hagel, and every time I've seen him on the Sunday shows, he seems like a particulary well reasoned chap. Perhaps we can actually get someone who thinks for himself in there, instead of some stooge like we have now, who has made a career of kissing the Bush family's ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in