LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
RE: one week out

OTOH, incumbants who preside over unpopular wars generally hand over the reins -- Nixon was an exception.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 05:53 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jan 2004
Vehicle: '04 E55 Tectite
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
GermanStar - 10/27/2004 4:38 PM

OTOH, incumbants who preside over unpopular wars generally hand over the reins -- Nixon was an exception.
To those of you that "hate" Bush this is an unpopular war. But many of us do see Iraq for what it is, as part of the war against Terrorism. A very popular war. How many of you are in favor of Terrorism? Raise your hands.

'04 E55 AMG
'04 Yukon Denali
'02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
'94 928 GTS (SOLD)
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Attached Images

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 06:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I am listening to the Bush guys try to spin the explosives story. Both Bush and his White House flaks are saying that "we don't have all the facts" which then leads into an attack on Kerry "going wild before we have all the facts". Both Paula Zahn and Chris Matthews cut the Bush guys to ribbons. We have occupied Iraq all this time, and WE DON'T HAVE THE FACTS ON 380 TONS OF HIGH YIELD PLASTIC EXPLOSIVES? I think this is going to torpedo Bush.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 06:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
MikeV - 10/27/2004 7:53 PM

Quote:

To those of you that "hate" Bush this is an unpopular war. But many of us do see Iraq for what it is, as part of the war against Terrorism. A very popular war. How many of you are in favor of Terrorism? Raise your hands.
Ya sure man, I'm all in favor of terrorism. I'm voting for Kerry because I want the terrorists to come kill my five kids.

What a dope.
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 07:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2004
Vehicle: 1990 300SE
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to danwatt

Quote:
MikeV - 10/27/2004 4:53 PM

Quote:

I guess Iraq is more important in the war on terrorism then hunting Bin Laden is.
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 11:32 AM
BenzWorld Member

Kniving, it's great to see that you quickly recognize sarcasm.

First off the US military is capable of fighting a multi-front war. Afganistan and Iraq. Having a democratic governement in Iraq is key to long term sucess in the region. "invading" Iraq showed governements that were suporting terrorism that there was some bite behind the bark, this had an immediate impact on Ghadafi. Next, it's a future base of operations. We have much more negotiating strength with Iran (who possibly already has nukes) with 135,000 troops along their boarder. Something we could not have done without "taking over" Iraq. I have friends and family serving in the millitary, two who are in Iraq now. They "want" to be there and they understand the task that is at hand. These are not "children" as Michael Moore likes to call them. If this war were so wrong why does Bush lead by a 4 to 1 margin among active duty military? Don't you think these people know the situation better than anyone.

As for the explosives, this was an old story, drug up by the UN only to try to torpedo Bush. Now it's coming out that the Russians may have had a role in gettin these out of country before the war to hide their embargo violations. Secondly, who's to say that a couple of those 40 rigs that would have been necesary to transport this much plastik didn't have some WMD's on board. Kerry wants it both ways and this will blow up in his face as the October Surprise that didn't quite work.

'04 E55 AMG
'04 Yukon Denali
'02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
'94 928 GTS (SOLD)
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 11:40 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quote:
danwatt - 10/27/2004 6:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I guess Iraq is more important in the war on terrorism then hunting Bin Laden is.
Actually, in the grand scheme of things it probably is more important that the war on Terrorism. See my earlier post for why Iraq is part of the war on Terror. Do you think that when UBL is caught that Terrorism will be dead, no. He's a figure head, the fight is much more involved than that.

'04 E55 AMG
'04 Yukon Denali
'02 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
'94 928 GTS (SOLD)
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 12:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D

Quote:
MikeV - 10/28/2004 11:40 AM

Quote:
danwatt - 10/27/2004 6:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Actually, in the grand scheme of things it probably is more important that the war on Terrorism. See my earlier post for why Iraq is part of the war on Terror. Do you think that when UBL is caught that Terrorism will be dead, no. He's a figure head, the fight is much more involved than that.
I sure wish I could get some of what you are smoking. Iraq was NOT involved in any terrorism before we toppled the government. Nations that WERE involved include Iran, Pakistan, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Indonesia, North Korea and Afghanistan.

I won't ask you to explain, because if you could have, you would have. Give me and the rest of the forum a break and keep your propaganda.

OBK #35

post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
old300D - 10/28/2004 11:10 AM

I sure wish I could get some of what you are smoking. Iraq was NOT involved in any terrorism before we toppled the government. Nations that WERE involved include Iran, Pakistan, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Indonesia, North Korea and Afghanistan.

I won't ask you to explain, because if you could have, you would have. Give me and the rest of the forum a break and keep your propaganda.
I think he's saying that he just wants to set up camp there and is unconcerned about any actual involvement. After all, what's 50,000 dead Arabs if it means a better night's sleep?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in