Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
RE: So who are acting like Nazis?

Quote:
Botnst - 10/28/2004 7:36 AM
I like the policy that is followed to fight the war against the terrorists. Go after the terrorists, go after the folks who support them. Go after the countries that harbor them. Kill them.

If they don't want to be hunted down and killed, let them take-up farming.

So I favor whichever group that follows most cloesely the policy I want pursued.
Dude, you desperately need a hobby--philately is nice and benign. You can expend all that pent up aggression in the fierce but civil "adhesive wars", and best of all, no one gets hurt. Please consider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 09:24 AM
BenzWorld Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Right MS Fowler. Now that I think about it, Bush is more popular than Clinton ever was. Didn't clinton win both elections on less than 30% or something?
post #73 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 11:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

Quote:
Botnst - 10/26/2004 8:36 AM
Here we go again. Being incorrect is not the same as lying. By convincing yourself that they are the same, you convince yourself of some sort of betrayal. You do it to yourself.

Who cares a flip about Bush or Kerry. It's the policy, stupid. I like the policy that is followed to fight the war against the terrorists. Go after the terrorists, go after the folks who support them. Go after the countries that harbor them. Kill them.

If they don't want to be hunted down and killed, let them take-up farming.

So I favor whichever group that follows most cloesely the policy I want pursued.
Bot, I think I am finally getting your theme here. If you agree with the policy, it doesn't make any difference how it came about, you just be happy and try to deflect any criticism that may hasten the end of your pleasure. Sorry, even though I think I understand this, I cannot agree with it.

Bush is a LIAR. No one can be as misinformed and unlucky and just plain dull as he appears if you try to build a case for him "not lying" using your logic. It might be feasible if you recycle the same building materials you use to build the case for each individual instance. But if you leave each fabricated support system in place for each instance as you build the next one, it shows a pattern that makes clear he is lying. It is quickly apparent that my dog would have a better record making dog logic based decisions on our nation's affairs than Bush if one merely keeps the record of these support structures intact while one builds the next.

Bush is not just wrong, he lies about that with data pouring out around him that contradicts his story. He says things like freeing the Iraqi people is a good enough reason to have gone to war with them after the only reason he was authorized to go in there, finding and controlling WMD to keep them out of the hands of terrorists who might threaten America, turns out to have been a lie. The fact is, the Congressional Resolution he abused to go into Iraq when he did explicitly prohibits a "save the Iraqi's from Saddam" mission. So, while he may wish that was a good enough reason, it is the law of our land that says it is not. So until the law is changed, that is a lie.

Just watch him for a while. He is revolting. He needs to be replaced. He is endangering us all. Jim
post #74 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 12:00 AM
BenzWorld Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So you think we should tolerate terrorism. Sorry, you are not winning my vote.
post #75 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 12:15 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
American - 10/27/2004 2:00 AM
So you think we should tolerate terrorism. Sorry, you are not winning my vote.
I am not running. And I cannot figure out how you conclude I think we should tolerate terrorism. Not supporting a bad plan to stamp out terrorism does not equate to tolerating terrorism. Your logic is too jumpy and unstable. You can't skip the middle part of an analysis if you hope to have the end right. The leap from the opening premise to the final conclusion without looking down a few times along the way to calibrate your trajectory is sure to get you in the same trouble George W. Bush has found himself in lately. The middle part is where the actual "hard work" is done. But we can see that complaining about the "hard work" and doing it are two different things.

I think it would be great if you did not waste your vote on me, since I am not running. I think it would also be great if you got to work on that middle part of the analysis for the next few days before you vote, and pick who ever it is you think is likely to lead the country where it needs to go in the next four years. When you do that, think of where you want the country to be in a hundred years, and reflect on whether the course being offered by each candidate has a chance of getting us there. Jim
post #76 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 05:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)

Quote:
JimSmith - 10/27/2004 1:46 AM
Bot, I think I am finally getting your theme here. If you agree with the policy, it doesn't make any difference how it came about, you just be happy and try to deflect any criticism that may hasten the end of your pleasure. Sorry, even though I think I understand this, I cannot agree with it.
I've been on to your methodology like, forever, dude. You feign reasonableness and obfuscate by verbosity.

Its real simple, doesn't require big words or lots of them.

You assert lying based on the assumption that a false statement is an intentional attempt at deception. In contrast, I require proof.

Note my consistency in that: I have never accused M. Kerry of lying, even when stuff he has said are obviously false. What do you think, would M. Kerry lie to become elected president?

B
post #77 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 07:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Mr. Botsnst, your entire system of logic collapses when one realizes we are not hunting and chasing the terrorists who are actually hunting and chasing us - they are sleeping soundly in Pakistan. I also find it amusing that you assume that this is not what all of us want. Actually, I want that very badly, and have become convinced that that was never Mr. Bush's actually reason for being in Iraq amd now I wish him gone, while you and his other supporters in fact have never been able to come to terms with the fact you were duped. As a result, all of you rationalize his lying and his incompetance. Each of you are like the chump in the Ponzi scheme who is upset over the con man going to jail because you are still convinced you are going to get your money and profits.

post #78 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Cruise Control

Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member

...numismatics is also a nice safe hobby. Please consider.
post #79 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 09:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I think he would benefit most from the burgeoning Logic Puzzle hobby.
post #80 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-29-2004, 09:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Botnst - 10/27/2004 7:45 AM
I've been on to your methodology like, forever, dude. You feign reasonableness and obfuscate by verbosity.

Its real simple, doesn't require big words or lots of them.

You assert lying based on the assumption that a false statement is an intentional attempt at deception. In contrast, I require proof.

Note my consistency in that: I have never accused M. Kerry of lying, even when stuff he has said are obviously false. What do you think, would M. Kerry lie to become elected president?

B
Bot,

I don't believe I "feign reasonableness" to make my points, and I also don't believe, like you and George W. Bush, that the realm of international relations is fully defined by the cowboy movie script formula. I think the world is a little more complex than the premise that because I am the big boy on the block at the moment, I get to put a black hat on you, declare you to be the bad guy, then round up a posse, put white hats on them, and proceed to chase you down and kill you and anyone you happen to get close to, in the name of justice and godliness. Consequently, I do not believe sound bites and amusing one-liners are meaningful responses.

You on the other hand, have a single underlying premise that killing for oil is ok. Once in a while you make the simple statement, but most of the time you spew flack in the air to mislead and misdirect attention whenever it threatens your "killing for oil is right and just" premise, even when that is explicitly not the subject of the thread.

Since this killing for oil doctrine is behind each of your political stances, your opinion on the details of the discussion is of questionable value. Typically the discussion is rarely directly focussed on your basic premise yet you argue, actually feigning reasonableness yourself, all kinds of points that are only valid if you agree that killing indescriminately for oil is ok, without bringing your doctrine on the subject out in the open. Then, when you get frustrated you throw a few sound bites to entertain your followers, like insulting Kerry as being French, or some other red meat about the French, UN, Germans, etc.

I do not believe George W. Bush could be President if he was so dull as to be unable to know when he was embellishing the truth to make points, or when he was telling half the story to protect his position, or to quote sources he knows are feeding him back his own opinions that are unfounded when he looks for support from America and the Congress. If you are not doing those things, life is much different than George W. Bush's. You don't have to have a huge spin machine up and running all the time to keep you from being exposed.

Since you appear to be ready to accept only a confession from George W. Bush that he has lied, bent the truth, even fabricated evidence, to make his positions seem logical because it would threaten the continued killing for oil, I find your position less than reasonable, even cloaked in simple jargon about truth, lying and making mistakes. Pattern recognition. It is the process we all learn by, and the George W. Bush pattern, like your's is becoming clearer to more people.

Killing for oil is not justified when you can buy it. This is especially true when the price of oil before the killing for oil project was started was half, or less than half, of what it is now. Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in